Best writer on .Net

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":1tawj23z said:
chris98251":1tawj23z said:
pmedic920":1tawj23z said:
Hopefully y’all recognize the recurrence of theme.

There are fairly tangible reasons the best posters are no longer here.

Bottom line is, this community is what we (all of us) make it.

YMMV

No why don't you tell us, I was here and seen them come and go and it was not for the same reasons.

The theme is that most of the list aren’t here anymore.

I didn’t say the reasons were the same.

Always gunna be folks that choose to be contrary, or those that like to pick fights, right Chris?

As mentioned about Kip, it’s not uncommon for “writers” to not want to debate their opinions, others will defend themselves with vigor that overstep the rules, both ends of that spectrum are not conducive to what the community of .Net is.

This isn’t the best place to write long articles full of opinions if your not up too debating and defending your stance, and based on our rules, it’s not the place where you can say anything you want to say, unless you can get creative with wording.

So yes, you’re correct in that the reasons aren’t the same, they are in fact varied.

Hopefully y’all recognize the recurrence of theme

Is why I opened it up as different situations and reasons. But if thats picking a fight I guess your gauge of picking a fight is a bit different then mine. You should know that If I wanted to pick a fight I have much better ways of doing it rather then challange a open statement made by someone that wasn't here when a lot of these people were very active.

acer1240

Reaction score
I always thought that Todd (Aros) never really got enough credit for his writing ability.
Ryan Davis was generally a good read.
Farrar is very talented but a bit on the cocky side.
Really miss Kearly.
Sharkhawk, The TABS, and Steve Harper were must reads for me as well.
I find myself agreeing with Roland and Blue Thunder almost every time.

Edit to add Fade. That dude has been hitting home run after home run lately

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":idy1vdw7 said:
pmedic920":idy1vdw7 said:
chris98251":idy1vdw7 said:
pmedic920":idy1vdw7 said:
Hopefully y’all recognize the recurrence of theme.

There are fairly tangible reasons the best posters are no longer here.

Bottom line is, this community is what we (all of us) make it.

YMMV

No why don't you tell us, I was here and seen them come and go and it was not for the same reasons.

The theme is that most of the list aren’t here anymore.

I didn’t say the reasons were the same.

Always gunna be folks that choose to be contrary, or those that like to pick fights, right Chris?

As mentioned about Kip, it’s not uncommon for “writers” to not want to debate their opinions, others will defend themselves with vigor that overstep the rules, both ends of that spectrum are not conducive to what the community of .Net is.

This isn’t the best place to write long articles full of opinions if your not up too debating and defending your stance, and based on our rules, it’s not the place where you can say anything you want to say, unless you can get creative with wording.

So yes, you’re correct in that the reasons aren’t the same, they are in fact varied.

Hopefully y’all recognize the recurrence of theme

Is why I opened it up as different situations and reasons. But if thats picking a fight I guess your gauge of picking a fight is a bit different then mine. You should know that If I wanted to pick a fight I have much better ways of doing it rather then challange a open statement made by someone that wasn't here when a lot of these people were very active.

Man, you’re sure defensive/sensitive.

I didn’t accuse you of picking a fight.
I kinda thought you had a better understanding than most based upon your time behind the scenes.
Was a simple statement that I thought you wouldn’t have a problem agreeing with.

G wiz.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Imo if you dont have a thick enough skin to defend or argue the post you write then dont write it. I never saw any personal attacks against those mentioned that are not around here anymore...just seems they didnt like others opinions...right or wrong.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1tykarrs said:
Imo if you dont have a thick enough skin to defend or argue the post you write then dont write it. I never saw any personal attacks against those mentioned that are not around here anymore...just seems they didnt like others opinions...right or wrong.
Sometimes you won't see the attacks as Mods edit those
out asap..

olyfan63

Reaction score
There are so many great posters on .NET.

A few of my faves, Kearly of kourse.
I don't tend to care about fancy "writing", but more about analysis, and supplying accurate and timely information. In terms of engaging analysis, a couple faves would be Chris98251, and johnny-come-lately, BigSkyDoc.
In terms of supplying great information and timely, I believe it's Jville I'm thinking of.

Not really in compliance with the "Hall of Fame" criteria I'm sure, just a few posters whose posts I consistently notice and appreciate their insights and amount of good information shared, and make me glad I logged in to catch up on things. There are many others I could also mention, I just singled out the ones at top of mind. I would add one of the Largents too except I can't recall which one as they blend together. There might even be 3 or 4 of them altogether, possibly more.
At least one of them has some awesome posts from time to time, but then one or both or all must be bipolar because from time to time he/they also post bizarre things that make no sense to me.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1btuxaxd said:
Fade has been hitting them out of the park on a regular basis lately.

I love Fade but only because we agree lately on most points. I'll turn on him as soon as we disagree. :sarcasm_on:

Doug Farrar was ok but he blocked me on twitter for having a different political take so he falls under the soft and insecurity that lead to some of the guys listed above to leaving.

Si we need to make that happen. I would actually like to meet more people from the board in person. I'm much nicer in person. :D

Sac

Reaction score
Depends on what kind of writer you mean. From what I understand there are some fairly prominent fiction writers that belong to .NET who rather like their anonymity.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
But seriously, I think a couple underrated guys are Bmorepunk and Seanhawk.

Bmorepunk is very wise and I find myself agreeing with his points of view. Seanhawk is consistently clever/witty while using little to no words.

DJrmb

Reaction score
In my opinion Attyla the Hawk deserves to be mentioned here. Some of the best posts I've ever read here. Just do a search and see how many of the top results contain "good post Attyla" or "excellent point". Keep up the good work Attyla!

Ozzy

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3eek3w04 said:
1. Myself
2. Siouxhawk
3. Austinslater25

I'm not sure why were not getting more recognition around here. Jealousy is a debilitating thing apparently. Fender keep killing it, love you boo.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I always appreciated Kearly. As somebody who seldom watches an actual game, he would always give a nice, thorough review. Whether his analysis was ever accurate or not, I don't really know, but I appreciated the quantity available there to read.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I doubt many here can remember 'Ribeye.' It wasn't so much he was a great writer, per se, but he worked for a news service so we really did get the latest 'Hawks news.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3jye1jwp said:
I doubt many here can remember 'Ribeye.' It wasn't so much he was a great writer, per se, but he worked for a news service so we really did get the latest 'Hawks news.

I do and Ribeye often brought something to the table

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
How much do solid free lance writer make per article? Seem like over the years we have had people who could make a handful of dollars on their writing skills put it all out here simply for their love of the Seahawks

bmorepunk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3nptashd said:
But seriously, I think a couple underrated guys are Bmorepunk and Seanhawk.

Bmorepunk is very wise and I find myself agreeing with his points of view. Seanhawk is consistently clever/witty while using little to no words.

I appreciate it but disagree, especially when we're talking about people like Kearly.