Bevell Revisited

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I know damn well the Bevell hating crowd was ready to crucify him (for the bazillionth time) for calling a pass play with goal to go up until the moment RW flicked a pass to Marshawn for a TD.

Not that a single one of them would ever admit it.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2p7cl8g8 said:
All of our losses are entirely his fault. I want him gone.

If I don't get to experience a game in your presence then this season is a net loss, bro.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bestfightstory":v8356hkl said:
Zebulon Dak":v8356hkl said:
All of our losses are entirely his fault. I want him gone.

If I don't get to experience a game in your presence then this season is a net loss, bro.

I would love nothing more. Money's tight though. Which games are you going to? Most likely for me will be one of those last 2 CLinkers.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
All I have left is MNF/Saints and @Giants and every playoff game but.... I think we need to come up with something fingers crossed.

kearly

Reaction score
As I expect Seattle's offense to continue it's tear, it's a decent bet that Bevell is playing his way into a HC job next year. I see no reason to bad mouth a guy that's probably on to bigger and better things.

That said, I've been mostly a Bevell defender during his time here, but most of this season has taught me that Bevell doesn't seem to be able to construct a quick passing game with our short WRs and short QB. That lack of short passing game really killed us when the protection was the worst in the league. I think part of the reason it was the worst in the league was because teams had no reason to fear blitzing us, and in some cases blitzes looked to be automatic when Seattle showed certain looks. A sliver of that is on Wilson, but most of it's Bevell's responsibility.

When Bradley moved on, I celebrated it because I knew we could do better, maybe a lot better. When Bevell moves on, I'm optimistic that Pete will target an OC that can help Wilson grow into a Brees type QB that can master a quick throw offense and put his final exploitable weakness behind him. That's not to say I ever thought Bevell was terrible- he's actually quite good under ideal conditions. But we've seen a few games this year where defenses made those conditions impossible and it was a miracle every time Seattle won those games.

If Seattle can find an OC that turns Wilson into a QB who actually punishes the blitz instead of being punished by it, well, next season will be a hell of a lot less stressful.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
WOOHOOWOOHOOWOOHOO!!!

I deserve a damn medal for drawing out an award-winning Kearly post!

Sac

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1w3wy8pl said:
WOOHOOWOOHOOWOOHOO!!!

I deserve a damn medal for drawing out an award-winning Kearly post!

I award you the "Master Earlywine Fisherman" medal. Congrats.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
What you fail to explicitly state though, Kearly, is that both Bradley and Bevell successors will naturally benefit from the inroads laid by their predecessors.

Quinn has pass rushers and Bevell's likely successor will benefit from all of the experimentation and trial and error Wilson and Bevell went through during his first two seasons.

---but back to my antagonistic OP..... Couldn't you hear the Lamentations of the Bevell haters screaming for Bevell's head for not calling marshawn's number up until the flick of Wson's wrist?

Anyone?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
^As it should be.

With goal to go, I want the ball:

A/B: In Russell Wilson's hands.

or

A/B: in Marshawn Lynch's hands.

OR ELSE Bevell is a dummy!!

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Not many people are going to admit this but Bevell is an above average OC. We can do a lot worse than him.

Check out the schemes and play calling of the 49ers OC and compare it to Bevell. Bevell is head and shoulders above Roman.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm with kearly. We could do better at OC. I will say that win or lose. In this case, win. I still say it.

Go ahead. Throw yer termaters!!

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Aros":2nw1gzl0 said:
I'm with kearly. We could do better at OC. I will say that win or lose. In this case, win. I still say it.

Go ahead. Throw yer termaters!!

I cant remember the last time we were happy with the OC we had. It wasn't Knapp, Bates or Holmy thats for sure.

Lanakila

Reaction score
One of the things I especially liked to night was all the shots of Marshawn laughing, joking with other players and just generally smiling. After that play in particular everyone was yukking it up. Marshawn looks like a real happy player right now.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":3dzxx3zy said:
I cant remember the last time we were happy with the OC we had. It wasn't Knapp, Bates or Holmy thats for sure.

Here is a hint: it has never happened.

Laloosh

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":q4u9xtbo said:
Whatever you do Pete. DON'T HIRE SARK!!!!

How did I know that name would show up in this thread?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
bestfightstory":26ag5s78 said:
^As it should be.

With goal to go, I want the ball:

A/B: In Russell Wilson's hands.

or

A/B: in Marshawn Lynch's hands.

OR ELSE Bevell is a dummy!!
Zachary Miller is conspicuously absent in the red zone...so far...wouldn't you say? Hmmm.

Latest posts