Bevell to the Wisconsin Badgers?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone really think it's Pete's idea to go 5 wide empty back field on 3rd and short? Nuh-uh. Pete's a punch you it the Fricken face kinda guy. That dumb shit is ALL Bevell.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CANHawk":2rag27t2 said:
Does anyone really think it's Pete's idea to go 5 wide empty back field on 3rd and short? Nuh-uh. Pete's a punch you it the Fricken face kinda guy. That dumb shit is ALL Bevell.

I hate that frikin alignment. But echoing the sentiment of your post, Pete is and always has been a punch it in their face kinda' guy....and prefers it to be in demonstrative fashion.

So just for the sake of debate, how many times have we seen that formation? I can see it being on Bevell once, twice or even a few times but you'd think if it was something Pete did not want to see, Bevell at some point, would have received that memo (or a punch in the face).

I can't get my head around it. Maybe Pete feels he's sometimes too predictable so he let's Bevell get cute(?). Whatever the reasoning...you'd have to think Bevell has Pete's go-ahead or he'd likely dump that formation (in particular).

AgentDib

Reaction score
Pete has total control of everything. If he doesn't like a formation in a certain situation he can tell Bevell not to use it. I bet he doesn't - because he trusts Bevell and Cable to enact his vision - but there is zero chance that Pete is sitting on the sidelines shaking his head over anything and keeping his opinion to himself.

Look at the times when the offensive game plan has failed to live up to Pete's overall vision, IE. lack of Lynch carries @ SD. Any head coach in the league who is displeased with the play calling says so when they are asked about it, and emphasizes how they will be improving the game plan for the next game (we're going to run the ball this time, I swear!). Pete didn't say any of that, but instead completely backed Bevell and Cable by putting it 100% on game situations. Now you may think that Pete is just being polite and worried about keeping everybody happy, provided that you think Pete is a pushover based on zero evidence.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1woayugl said:
drrew":1woayugl said:
We can't let the OC go before the season ends
Ravens did LATE in the season, and went on to win the Super Bowl.

IBleedBlueAndGreen":1woayugl said:
If Bevell leaves we have no offensive coordinator for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.
Did you type this with a straight face? I mean, yeah, I'm sure Carroll would just leave the position vacant and tell Russell to wing it for the remainder of the season.

:roll:

If this happened, at least the plays called might make more sense.