Big WR's we should look closer at

McGruff

Reaction score
A new name is surfacing who bears resemblance to Chris Harper . . . Nebraska's Quincy Enumwa . . .

NYCoug

Reaction score
I gotta say, I love Moncrief. Something about his style of play that jumps off the screen to my eyes. I know not everyone's a fan, but I've liked him since watching Tharold Simon clips against Ole Miss last season. Glad to see that he had a nice year and that he might be a legitimate prospect on the Seahawks radar.

Matthews, what's not to love. He's got the Jerry Rice thing going on, and not only does he have the genes but he's got the size and skills that Seahawks fans have been craving for a while now. Sidney Rice should have been that guy, but it never quite materialized like everyone had hoped it would. I really think Matthews will be a very good player at the least, with the potential to be Alshon Jeffery-esque. He also seems pretty smart, so something tells me he'd take to Seattle's system on offense pretty quickly. Mike Williams-type production in Year 1, which is pretty damn good for a rook, and then steady progression afterwards.

The guy I see as a phenom and the best of the bunch at WR though isn't a big guy. Marqise Lee is my guy at WR this year. I'd be absolutely ecstatic if he ended up a Seahawk, despite the fact that he's not the biggest WR out there. I forget where I was, but I remember watching him against Arizona 2 years ago. After watching that performance, I was sold that Lee was going to be a star in the NFL. Can run all the routes, great hands, sweet, effortless body control. What's not to love? Here's that game I was talking about...

[youtube]ldib8lAF3Gg[/youtube]

I really like Brandon Coleman as well, he'd be a guy that I would be thrilled if the 'Hawks had a chance to take in Round 4. I don't think he'll last that long, there's too much tape of him out there being a beast and dominating and some team will fall in love with him in my mind, but if he does last I'd be thrilled if the 'Hawks landed Coleman.

Anyways, should be interesting to see who ends up where, especially who ends up in Seattle. It's good to know that I'm still capable of getting the draft itch even after winning a Super Bowl. Glad that I'll finally get a chance to see the Seahawks picking 32nd!

McGruff

Reaction score
McGruff":1m3icq1p said:
A new name is surfacing who bears resemblance to Chris Harper . . . Nebraska's Quincy Enumwa . . .

Enunwa is 6'2", 225 pounds, 32.5 inch arms and 9.5 inch hands. Not guargantuan wing span or hands, but not undersized either. He ran a 4.45 40 time with 19 reps in the bench.

Watching the limited film I can find (Bowl Game 2014 against Georgia) I don't see a developed route tree, but I do see a guy who uses his hands to catch the ball, takes a hit and holds on, uses his size well, and is physical as a blocker. I also see a guy playing with poor quarterbacking.

Also, wishes the coaching staff at Nebraska would've let him play runningback, and is considered one of the hardest hitters on the team.

Brahn

Reaction score
We will draft at least 2 WRs in this draft and bring in atleast 2-3 undrafted FA WRs. Bank it!

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1l6f9a32 said:
McGruff":1l6f9a32 said:

Enunwa is 6'2", 225 pounds, 32.5 inch arms and 9.5 inch hands. Not guargantuan wing span or hands, but not undersized either. He ran a 4.45 40 time with 19 reps in the bench.

Watching the limited film I can find (Bowl Game 2014 against Georgia) I don't see a developed route tree, but I do see a guy who uses his hands to catch the ball, takes a hit and holds on, uses his size well, and is physical as a blocker. I also see a guy playing with poor quarterbacking.

Also, wishes the coaching staff at Nebraska would've let him play runningback, and is considered one of the hardest hitters on the team.

Good size 6'2 225
can catch TD's (10 his sr year)
Can run block
can tackler/lay big hits (great for special teams)
leader (team captain)

Projected 6th-7th rd. If we drafted Harper in the 4th this guy is easily worth a 5th.

I think Devin Street is much better than projected, great body control and mad tons of tuff catches, like a much taller Baldwin

OBJ is a Cecil Shorts clone. I was very impressed with OBJ, as much as i really want a big WR that guy can get great seperation, Watkins might be the only WR who has more explosiveness and separation skills in this draft.

Coleman would be a great fit for a WR core that doesn't have a true #1, I think he will be limited in some routes but has enough speed and is big and fast enough to really cause headaches for teams trying to stop Lynch and Harvin underneath.