Biggest fear or Concern going into Carolina

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Fair officiating, their running game &/or read option with Newton, TE seam routes, a quick start, no late letdown.

Basically the same stuff as usual.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Hands down their front 4 on D (and by extension their front 7). They are very good and can give our offense fits.

Tical21

Reaction score
kearly":1t4eeyai said:
Biggest fear is a big, last minute comeback from Cam, just like the 1st meeting.

I have a hunch that Lynch might not play this week. If he does play, I would expect less than 4 YPC.

My biggest hope is that Seattle starts hot and puts Carolina in a big hole. Not only would the Panthers offense suffer if made one dimensional, but if you can make Newton get down on himself, you will usually win the game.
Would you mind expanding your thoughts on Marshawn? Do you think he'll get less than 4 YPC because he's done or injured, or just because that is what you are expecting from our running game this week.

My biggest fear is losing the battle at the LOS, going both ways. This is one of the only two teams in the NFL that I worry about being stuck in a phone booth with.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":2hn28s89 said:
Would you mind expanding your thoughts on Marshawn? Do you think he'll get less than 4 YPC because he's done or injured, or just because that is what you are expecting from our running game this week.

My biggest fear is losing the battle at the LOS, going both ways. This is one of the only two teams in the NFL that I worry about being stuck in a phone booth with.

Since joining Seattle, Lynch has averaged just 3.71 YPC over 6 games vs. Carolina. If you exclude his game against them back in 2010 when Carolina was a totally different team, he's only had 1 total TD against them in five games.

Past history shows that Carolina has probably played Lynch tougher than any team in the NFL.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
My biggest fear is the Seahawks. Slow starts, "cute" playcalling, defense being asked to win for 60 mins, etc. It's unreasonable to expect them to hold the opponent without a TD again. The offense needs to come out swinging this time. But I expect they will.

dogorama

Reaction score
Hawks46":30m0uf72 said:
My biggest singular concern is interior penetration by their DT's. If we can keep Russ clean up the middle, I think we'll score some points.

This is their strong suit when it comes to penetration. I believe a healthy Lynch could do a lot to mitigate this.

timmat

Reaction score
Another concern for me oddly enough is crowd noise and how we handle getting the plays off without rushing, burning time outs, etc.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Their linebackers swallowing up our newfound spread quick passing offense.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Seahawks.

The only thing that can stop these Seahawks are these Seahawks. As Pete likes to say "Getting in our own way".

And, does everyone think the cold is what hampered the Hawks for 3 qtrs last week? Did a 10:00am start once again raise it's ugly head?

The Hawks need to come out quickly and set the tempo and keep that rhythm going for four quarters.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Our defense continuing to out play opposing offenses. And if they can score off Cam it's icing on the cake.

I fear no team or player. We are our only enemy.

Go 'Hawks!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Play calling on the offense (which Bevell shows up)

Stopping Olson.

Contain Cam in the pocket.

Pressuring Cam early and often.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Just play our game. Uptempo and move the chains with deep shots now and again. Get the lead and run them right to Hell Simple right?

Seriously, do what we already have done and erase the bullshit Stewart runs. That was embarrassing. Interesting that we have our brain of the defense back that stops runs cold...yes?

Renove Stewart then you put Cam into obvious pass situations pretty simple and he has to prove it. So bring it 15 -1 kitties we're coming for you. All you have to do is stop Wilson. A quarterback that has already shown he can move a team with nothing but two good to elite wide receivers. Show Me Carolina.

I'm thinking this will be a classic offensive duel unless our defense does what it usually does. I wish Marshawn or Rawls was in.If so it's total payback no question.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
For me, I would say 3 things ...

1) The Offensive Line vs. that Panther front 7. They are very good. Can the OL keep the dogs off Russell Wilson and open up running lanes for Marshawn Lynch? That to me is the biggest key to the game.

2) Will we see a return to the quick passing attack that lit up teams down the stretch ... or an effort more akin to what we saw vs. the Rams? If Wilson is back to getting the ball out quick, I really like our chances.

3) Kam Chancellor vs. Greg Olson. The defense has had issues stopping TE's all season long. He was the one that burned the Seahawks last time. To me, finding a way to slow him down and minimize his impact will be key.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2ut1eno5 said:
For me, I would say 3 things ...

1) The Offensive Line vs. that Panther front 7. They are very good. Can the OL keep the dogs off Russell Wilson and open up running lanes for Marshawn Lynch? That to me is the biggest key to the game.

2) Will we see a return to the quick passing attack that lit up teams down the stretch ... or an effort more akin to what we saw vs. the Rams? If Wilson is back to getting the ball out quick, I really like our chances.

3) Kam Chancellor vs. Greg Olson. The defense has had issues stopping TE's all season long. He was the one that burned the Seahawks last time. To me, finding a way to slow him down and minimize his impact will be key.

This X12.12121212 times, repeating of course.

Hawker

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3p2tc399 said:
...3) Kam Chancellor vs. Greg Olson. The defense has had issues stopping TE's all season long. He was the one that burned the Seahawks last time. To me, finding a way to slow him down and minimize his impact will be key.

My biggest concern is also Kam. I think against Carolina, he is our greatest liability on defense.

pmedic920

Reaction score
On "D" we need to cover the TE and keep a spy on cam.

On "O" I'm concerned that #24 plays and we deviate from what's been working.
Love Marshawn and hope he has an impact but I don't want us changing much to suit him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
My biggest concern is exactly what most people say WON'T be a concern...weather. Just because we survived the elements in Minn doesn't mean RW suddenly became good at playing in the rain/snow. He has yet to perform very well in such conditions.