Biggest fear or Concern going into Carolina

JonRud

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1ttvxr42 said:
My biggest concern is how much that last game may have taken out of them both physically and mentally due to the weather and how the game played out. Hopefully it won't be a factor because we will need to be 100% to win next Sunday.

Me too. Going into the Vikings game I was concerned about this - the physical toll of a game in that weather. I just hope this Sunday isn't like the Atlanta playoff game where we get our butts kicked in the first half before storming back in the second half. Cannot come out of the gates slow.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
marko358":3uxddf3t said:
Anthony!":3uxddf3t said:
for me the biggest concern is

Game plan, will we go first 8 game style or 2nd 8 game style. Meaning will we let Wilson loose and play to win, or keep him handcuffed and play not to lose. Will we play like AZ game or play like Rams game.

Next how will Lynch if he plays effect the game plan. Meaning will having Lynch make them keep Wilson handcuffed

Just wanted to give you a shoutout for getting "loose" and "lose" right. So rare these days on the interwebz.

Oh and also, offensive game plan is my biggest concern. Bevell needs to draw up a plan which exploits their biggest weakness which is their secondary.

Yes, now on to "affect" and "effect"!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
My biggest fear for this game is the same as my biggest fear for any other game. Wilson gets injured and we have to rely on Tarvaris Jackson.

seattlesportsfan24

Reaction score
Tight Ends. Olsen is the only player that can beat us, and Willson has to play a role in the middle of the field or our run game will have no chance with the quality of their linebackers

Ruminator

Reaction score
My biggest fear this game is the television crew and media being so in love with Cam that they keep the camera on him and constantly show him on TV even when he's just on the sidelines picking his nose.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
My biggest concern is that Cam will run for a 1st down and I'll have to watch his ridiculous 1st down signal.

On the other hand, I'm also looking forward to Cam running for a 1st and signaling for a 1st down, but if it's called back, seeing the look on his face.

Such. A. Douche.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Chancellor, I am not talking like it's his job alone to cover Olsen but I hope we see the Kam of the last couple years in this game. Carolina is going to want to be physical and he's our tone setter on defense. I want him to make a big statement like he's made in big games past. Lay somebody out clean like very few but him can.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Seanhawk":625r5i2h said:
My biggest concern is that Cam will run for a 1st down and I'll have to watch his ridiculous 1st down signal.

On the other hand, I'm also looking forward to Cam running for a 1st and signaling for a 1st down, but if it's called back, seeing the look on his face.

Such. A. Douche.

also :13:

he's a talent, he's got skills, but he's such a douche.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
The offense....If it actually decides to show up in the first half we win this game...

I would be shocked if we lose because of the D giving up a bunch of points. The d SHOULD do its job with the offense only needing to put out maybe the league average or below league average in points per game....

Want to see a MVP like performance from Wilson. None of this 150 yards 1 TD type of games....

I DO NOT want to see this game be something like 7-3 or 10-3 with us trailing going into halftime.....We need to start off the first half with 14 or so points IMO.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":2lip0qt0 said:

Game plan, will we go first 8 game style or 2nd 8 game style. Meaning will we let Wilson loose and play to win, or keep him handcuffed and play not to lose. Will we play like AZ game or play like Rams game.

Next how will Lynch if he plays effect the game plan. Meaning will having Lynch make them keep Wilson handcuffed
If Lynch plays.....Hmm, well if he does, I think that when Cable said that Lynch will have to adapt?, I think that he was referring to the Wilson pass attack as being the new norm, and that there were some alterations made in the O-Line to help give Wilson more protection, and an emphasis on Wilson getting the passes out a little quicker.
The explosion of Wilson's passing prowess, and his gaudy numbers in the last 8 games says it all, (or at least I hope it's not just wishful thinking on my part.)
The mere fact that Wilson flourished when several of his Offensive weapons went out with injuries, shows that Pete & Co. have actually now been forced to consider the next step, as it's a given that Marshawn Lynch is not going to be with the Seahawks for much longer, and Russell Wilson has shown that he is quite capable of mentally re-tooling for a new Offense.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Chancellor...I want to see him effectively defend Olson, and deliver a few of those old Bam-Bam Kam hits on Newton when he goes for it with his feet. He is bigger and less intelligent about avoiding hits than Russell and Kam needs to make him hesitate.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3rpptctj said:
Anthony!":3rpptctj said:

If Lynch plays.....Hmm, well if he does, I think that when Cable said that Lynch will have to adapt?, I think that he was referring to the Wilson pass attack as being the new norm, and that there were some alterations made in the O-Line to help give Wilson more protection, and an emphasis on Wilson getting the passes out a little quicker.
The explosion of Wilson's passing prowess, and his gaudy numbers in the last 8 games says it all, (or at least I hope it's not just wishful thinking on my part.)
The mere fact that Wilson flourished when several of his Offensive weapons went out with injuries, shows that Pete & Co. have actually now been forced to consider the next step, as it's a given that Marshawn Lynch is not going to be with the Seahawks for much longer, and Russell Wilson has shown that he is quite capable of mentally re-tooling for a new Offense.

Yeah but that was Cable neither OC or Bevell said it so it means little. Also remember PC is a defense minded, running coach, he might just want to prove his way still works. We will not know till Sunday.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":odcugu4p said:
The offense....If it actually decides to show up in the first half we win this game...

I would be shocked if we lose because of the D giving up a bunch of points. The d SHOULD do its job with the offense only needing to put out maybe the league average or below league average in points per game....

Want to see a MVP like performance from Wilson. None of this 150 yards 1 TD type of games....

I DO NOT want to see this game be something like 7-3 or 10-3 with us trailing going into halftime.....We need to start off the first half with 14 or so points IMO.

I agree but it will be less about Wilson and more about play call and design. Do they revert or keep it Wilsons offense. If they revert expect low numbers, if they keep it Wilsons offense expect an explosion.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
How much my ticket in Glendale is going to cost when we play the Cards for the NFC title

NJlargent

Reaction score
Biggest concern is the slow start.

Next biggest concern is starting well and then going into prevent offense which leads to the 4th quarter defensive letdown.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see...does Russ have the stones to make the right check every time when Lynch is in the game? Meaning, will he go away from Lynch if he feels there's something he can exploit elsewhere? I think the Russ we've since the bye has been willing to beat teams with his mind in every way he knows how.

In the past, however, I think he's been deferential to Lynch, perhaps too much so. Will he call it like it's his offense now and not Lynch's? I really hope so. I think this is a game that Russ needs to win with his mind and his arm.

Rob12

Reaction score
DavidSeven":31isgxhw said:
I'll be curious to see...does Russ have the stones to make the right check every time when Lynch is in the game? Meaning, will he go away from Lynch if he feels there's something he can exploit elsewhere? I think the Russ we've since the bye has been willing to beat teams with his mind in every way he knows how.

In the past, however, I think he's been deferential to Lynch, perhaps too much so. Will he call it like it's his offense now and not Lynch's? I really hope so. I think this is a game that Russ needs to win with his mind and his arm.

I'm with you. Russ needs to realize that this team is his. Hell, he should know that - Doug said they'd follow him into the darkness. It's his time.

We go as Russ goes. It's just that simple.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":3hsxd5vv said:
OLSEN

Greg Olsen

We're sure that the D has been preparing to deal with him all week.

They'll be ready.

I'm getting very excited (and anxious) for this game!