Bills trade for Matt Cassel

pehawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3ayh0ybg said:
He just can't complete a high enough percentage of passes. I know he was in a little too much of a downfield attack in KC for his strengths, but if you have Jamaal Charles, you should have some open receivers. He's been pretty awful since 2010 or so. They should never have gotten rid of T-Jack.

That is true about TJack. There's a lot of teams that would've been in the playoff mix last year had they had TJack. Buffalo is certainly one. Houston is another.

As to Cassel's tenure in KC, yeah those WR's he had have been tearing it up since, huh?

I wouldn't want Cassel to be a QB over TJack even, but, I think dudes like him get criticized unfairly simply because its easy. It's safe criticism, remiss of the circumstances he's been in. I'm a Seahawks fan, I know how NFL fans generalize with surface comments like "he sucks". Hell, my entire life I heard every Seahawk "sucked" by association.

Ironically, of all the opinions in this thread I only lend credence to Mizzhawk's. Dude lives in KC and is lead admin at http://www.chiefsplanet.com.

Rat

Reaction score
Cassel is OK. I don't know that he's going to be any better for them that what Orton gave them last year.

Not having a first round pick makes it difficult for them though. I'd like to see them take a chance on Locker and go into training camp with a battle between he and Cassel. I think Locker would probably win, and then they'd have a decent fallback if Locker gets hurt again. They might as well cut Manuel at this point, use a pick somewhere in the mid-rounds on a QB, and hope they're one of the rare circumstances where a QB taken in that range becomes a quality stater. You could do worse than Locker/Cassel/rookie.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good post aside from the cut Manuel part, Rat. He wasn't even that bad last year. He played very, very conservative out of fear for his job. He's a good personality, there's a good chance he learned from it.

Rat

Reaction score
It feels like Bills have gone out of their way to show Manuel that they have no confidence in him anymore. Good for him if he can overcome that. Granted, they have a new coaching staff, so maybe there's still some hope for him.