BJ Daniels Promoted from PS - QB3/WR/KR

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
How freaking cool would it be if we saw a trick play similar to the NFCCG against Carolina when Seneca Wallace dusted Ken Lucas for a huge catch?

Hawks46

Reaction score
BlueBlood":g1paemv0 said:
You guys see the quick screen to Edelman that he threw for a TD? Hmm... Split him out wide and throw Luke in the slot, Willson fakes a block and sprints on for a Seahawks Touchdown! Why not?

Lol this was EXACTLY the first play I thought about when I read this thread. Makes it even deadlier that Willson runs a 4.5 forty.

We may not need a trick play. I'd theorize that we go all Bellichickian.....save the trick plays for the SB. They're going to have them loaded up for us.

HawkerD

Reaction score
53 man roster is one thing. Will he be active? If he is active instead of Norwood you have to start wondering about Norwood.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
I dig it. Gotta keep the Packers guessing. Make them waste time preparing for BJ and trick plays during the week, and we might not even have him active on game day.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkerD":m9wcx81c said:
53 man roster is one thing. Will he be active? If he is active instead of Norwood you have to start wondering about Norwood.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Daniels is inactive because they need Norwood more. Something to certainly keep an eye on. If he's active, you know he's going to see some time on the field for sure.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
HawkFan72":kd03gx85 said:
HawkerD":kd03gx85 said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Daniels is inactive because they need Norwood more. Something to certainly keep an eye on. If he's active, you know he's going to see some time on the field for sure.
It depends how serious we are about trotting BJD out there for the KO returns.

pehawk

Reaction score
BJ Daniels is now the 2nd highest drafted WR on team.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm thinking line up BJ, ADB, Norwood in trips right and Lynch and Moeaki left. Moeaki runs a deepish slant route.

First series, Lynch goes in motion to the right with the ball snapped just after he passes the center. He continues on to provide protection on the right. BJ takes a 2-3 step drop and Wilson tosses the ball back to him. BJ "looks" for the deepish slant to Moeaki. In reality, he will ignore Moeaki even if he is wide open and throw a safe 2-3 yard tiptoe pass along the sideline to Baldwin coming out of the trips formation. Hopefully, Moeaki was wide open and Wilson signals that fact to BJ. "Blown" play for the setup.

Next series, same alignment. Lynch goes in motion to the right. Snap when Lynch gets just past the center and Lynch makes an immediate 180 and makes a beeline for the left side of the line. At the snap, BJ takes a two to three step drop and Wilson executes one of his patented pump fakes.

Wilson runs left and has the option of running with Lynch as a blocker or a quick pass to Lynch depending on what the defense shows.

This should work well against GB given their undisciplined play on defense. This kind of redirection is what led to so many successful plays with Harvin in the first game this year. The screen option is obviously there from this set, but I wouldn't run it. I think GB would defend it well.

- bsd RPA

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I'm thinking we stick with the offense that got us here in the first place.

A rare trick play is fine, but I loath the prospects of going back to a cute gimmicky offense.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":1vcd8q15 said:
If he is active instead of Norwood you have to start wondering about Norwood.

Clearly bringing Norwood along very slowly, maybe by default. Looking at his profile and tape coming out of college you'd think he might be Kearse's eventual replacement, though I think he could be good in a possession receiver type role. Solid frame, decent route runner, good hands. I haven't seen the sneaky speed in his limited reps and he doesn't appear to be the quickest out of the blocks or in his breaks.

As much as people want an explanation and assume that he just can't be very good I just think there's not really been a role for him in the offense this year. He's almost an anomaly. He probably could do a lot of what Kearse does, but Kearse has been here longer, knows his role and is more trusted at this point. He's not going to replace Baldwin, and he can't do what Richardson did. Plus he wasn't ready at the start of the year and that saw Lockette given some opportunities, which he made the most of with a couple of big TDs, hard to take too many opportunities away from a guy who's proven he can offer us some big play ability.

Nobody thought Kearse would have had the impact he's had over the past two years when he caught three passes in 2012. Norwood will get there.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Norwood will definitely be active.

If Daniels is active, he will likely replace either Matthews or Walters. Maybe C-Mike, who didn't play a snap of offense or ST last week. I'm guessing they will also need a spot for Moeaki as well. I could see Daniels/Moeaki replacing two of Matthews/Michael/Walters. Or I could see Daniels left on the bench. We'll see.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1r3hcppf said:
Norwood will definitely be active.

If Daniels is active, he will likely replace either Matthews or Walters. Maybe C-Mike, who didn't play a snap of offense or ST last week. I'm guessing they will also need a spot for Moeaki as well. I could see Daniels/Moeaki replacing two of Matthews/Michael/Walters. Or I could see Daniels left on the bench. We'll see.

Daniels could definitely be closer to Percy, offensively, than Walters.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
This is the most obvious trick play move since the Seneca Wallace days. Still would very shocked if he saw a single snap on offence, other than to be used as a decoy