BJ Daniels Promoted from PS - QB3/WR/KR

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1frzoyal said:
kearly":1frzoyal said:
As someone who badly wanted Daniels in the 2013 draft, I'm stoked to hear Carroll rave on and on about Daniels work ethic. He is a very talented mobile QB, a lot like Wilson. But he's actually a better runner than Wilson is, and has the potential to be a Golden Tate type of player at WR if they can develop him.

I actually think this gets towards the real plan even this weekend. BJ is big and fast. The Green Bay defense has no idea how to defend a running QB. Even if it's part of a triple option look for which there would be no tape.

Daniels is Big? I thought he was small for a qb?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kidhawk":3hoo77sz said:
Sarlacc83":3hoo77sz said:
kearly":3hoo77sz said:
As someone who badly wanted Daniels in the 2013 draft, I'm stoked to hear Carroll rave on and on about Daniels work ethic. He is a very talented mobile QB, a lot like Wilson. But he's actually a better runner than Wilson is, and has the potential to be a Golden Tate type of player at WR if they can develop him.

I actually think this gets towards the real plan even this weekend. BJ is big and fast. The Green Bay defense has no idea how to defend a running QB. Even if it's part of a triple option look for which there would be no tape.

Dang you are right. I thought he was 6'3 for some reason. 217 lbs though.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1smbb1vv said:
kidhawk":1smbb1vv said:
Sarlacc83":1smbb1vv said:
kearly":1smbb1vv said:

Dang you are right. I thought he was 6'3 for some reason. 217 lbs though.

Did a quick google search and looks like he runs around a 4.6/40 so he has pretty decent speed. Of course how it translates with pads on can be a hole different thing.

I think Pete and John have kept him around for a reason and it's likely not to compete with Wilson, so it will be very interesting to see what all they do with him, even if he only gets a few plays.

Jville

Reaction score
kearly":22t37cvj said:

Id say he looks like he runs with more power.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Interesting. There was a photo on .com from the New Year's Day practice of him going in motion with the #1 offense. I thought it was odd at the time, but now it is no longer included in the photo gallery.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As Kip said, mobility-wise Daniels is a lot like Russell Wilson ... and he looks a heck of a lot like Wilson at times in the way that he plays.

[youtube]TIxApXE8m-g[/youtube]

I mean, come on -- I would think that Carroll and company have GOT to find a way to take advantage of this somehow. Could you imagine a Wilson to Daniels WR screen that Daniels in turn flings for a long completion down the field to Kearse? I certainly can. Seneca Wallace 2.0 for sure.

kearly

Reaction score
Erebus":2bokst22 said:
Did you want him as a QB or for his potential as a WR?

QB.

As a runner he is a lot like Denard Robinson, who switched from QB to RB with some success this year.

Seafan

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":13a8t6wr said:
The Senecat returns!

A QB taking a shotgun snap? We've had that for three years. It never left. Hasselbeck, Tavaris, Whitehurst all took shotgun snaps too.

Seafan

Reaction score
12thManNorth":1gmm2xhs said:
This is the most obvious trick play move since the Seneca Wallace days. Still would very shocked if he saw a single snap on offence, other than to be used as a decoy

The Hawks never attempted a single trick play with Seneca.

Seafan

Reaction score
joeseahawks":npig51t3 said:
Can he play cornerback? We really needed some help at Corner on Sat with the way Simon was abused.
Does anyone know what happened to Burley?

Yeah since a 5'-11" practice squad QB who has never played CB would be the perfect substitute for 6'-3" CB against a 6'5" receiver. :34853_doh:

olyfan63

Reaction score
I like this video, against Florida State, so you know some top-level competition.
BJ got the win in Tallahassee, not an easy thing to do.
This is a whole-game highlights video, but BJ alone is in 40-50% of the highlights.
All I can say is WOW, what running instincts! Eyes in the back of his head! Yes, a Golden Tate Run-After-Catch guy as a WR. Tate with less hops, better running, better passing arm. (Recall Tate threw a TD pass in 2012)

[youtube]Lw4mk5tmHP0[/youtube]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":21q0w0vk said:
What I've heard is he's been receiving active roster money for a month. He's been working at RB/WR/KR for over a month. Sounds to me like they've been building up to this for awhile.

BJ can DEFINETLY be that jitterbug outlet they've been searching for.

How fricking cool...
Another Mike Rob. type player?.
Pete Carroll seems to really covet players that can play multiple positions.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
olyfan63":3osv7jqr said:
I like this video, against Florida State, so you know some top-level competition.
BJ got the win in Tallahassee, not an easy thing to do.
This is a whole-game highlights video, but BJ alone is in 40-50% of the highlights.
All I can say is WOW, what running instincts! Eyes in the back of his head! Yes, a Golden Tate Run-After-Catch guy as a WR. Tate with less hops, better running, better passing arm. (Recall Tate threw a TD pass in 2012)

[youtube]Lw4mk5tmHP0[/youtube]
Dude has some moves... Nice touch on his throws too. Weird song choice on the video tho... Phil Collins?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":bixcv715 said:
Sarlacc83":bixcv715 said:
The Senecat returns!

A QB taking a shotgun snap? We've had that for three years. It never left. Hasselbeck, Tavaris, Whitehurst all took shotgun snaps too.

Seafan":bixcv715 said:
12thManNorth":bixcv715 said:
This is the most obvious trick play move since the Seneca Wallace days. Still would very shocked if he saw a single snap on offence, other than to be used as a decoy

The Hawks never attempted a single trick play with Seneca.

I don't get it?

[youtube]D7a04FZvA4E[/youtube]

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3dcfsslk said:
His commemorative single dropped quickly:

post-22122-0-98602700-1350903641.jpg

What were you *really* looking for when you came across that?

danp1990

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2s1d7ioc said:
Do I smell a possible trick play?

:lol:

Are the pulling off a Matt Hasselbeck to Seneca Wallace Trick play! Haha that'd be sweet, specially with the irony that it'd be in the NFCCG.
:)

capncrunch

Reaction score
Largent80":26hqm90m said:
Well, this would be the perfect time to unveil his talents.

Get some game experience on the big stage. Take it from a person that knows about stage presence.

When you play in front of people, the good ones rise up.

So, are you an actor or stand up comedian?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":228n4i48 said:
How freaking cool would it be if we saw a trick play similar to the NFCCG against Carolina when Seneca Wallace dusted Ken Lucas for a huge catch?

Beat me to it.