Blame Bevell

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
rideaducati":304rx1gm said:
This loss is 100% on Russell Wilson and his holding the ball too damn long in the first half. He didn't magically have more time in the second half, he started throwing the damn ball on time.

Go back and watch this garbage game again and count out the seconds when Russell takes the snap and when you get to two, Russell should be winding up to throw. He held the ball way too long again and again.

I guess I'll put some blame on the defense, but being on the field as long as they were because the offense did absolutely nothing for too long was the real culprit.

Why don't we as fans understand the symbiotic nature of how this works. Cards punted 3 times, threw an interception and fumbled twice, losing both. Yet they managed to run 84 plays.

We punted 5 times and threw an interception. We managed to only run 52 plays.

Yes, the Seahawks offense did not sustain drives. I don't think its fair to claim they are at fault for 10 to 12 play drives all night from the Cardinals (minus the 3rd Quarter), 28 points scored by the Cards on penalty extending drives doesn't go in Russell's basket just like the 4 or 5 1st/2nd and 20 or 25 doesn't get hung around the defense's neck.

The only group that stayed out of this loss was special teams.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":24ab3y7t said:
rideaducati":24ab3y7t said:
This loss is 100% on Russell Wilson and his holding the ball too damn long in the first half. He didn't magically have more time in the second half, he started throwing the damn ball on time.

Go back and watch this garbage game again and count out the seconds when Russell takes the snap and when you get to two, Russell should be winding up to throw. He held the ball way too long again and again.

I guess I'll put some blame on the defense, but being on the field as long as they were because the offense did absolutely nothing for too long was the real culprit.

Why don't we as fans understand the symbiotic nature of how this works. Cards punted 3 times, threw an interception and fumbled twice, losing both. Yet they managed to run 84 plays.

We punted 5 times and threw an interception. We managed to only run 52 plays.

Yes, the Seahawks offense did not sustain drives. I don't think its fair to claim they are at fault for 10 to 12 play drives all night from the Cardinals (minus the 3rd Quarter), 28 points scored by the Cards on penalty extending drives doesn't go in Russell's basket just like the 4 or 5 1st/2nd and 20 or 25 doesn't get hung around the defense's neck.

The only group that stayed out of this loss was special teams.
Yep, concur 100%.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2sn4ikx0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2sn4ikx0 said:
Siouxhawk":2sn4ikx0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2sn4ikx0 said:
Siouxhawk: Chris Collinsworth was a Pro Bowl level WR in the National Football League and he has continuously questioned Bevell's play calling including doing so several times tonight.

You on the other hand are some guy on a message board whose nearly sole purpose seems to be to defend the guy over and over and over ad nauseum.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here, but I've decided he's right about the guy and you're wrong.
He was not 'continuously' questioning him. He's a color commentator. It's his job to opine
Reading comprehension is your friend. I said "several times tonight". But you're right about it being his job to opine and his "opine" is based on playing in the NFL at a high level so again, I'm going with his opinion and analysis over yours.
Good for you. Have a cookie. But the offense wasn't nearly as culpable as the defense tonight in yielding that loss.

This loss was totally on the ineptitude of the offense in most of the first half.