Bobby Wagner leads the NFL week 1 in tackles

sutz

Reaction score
Not sure in this case that it's a good thing overall. Need his teammates to step up a bit more and help him out.

As I posted elsewhere, they did OK against the run Sunday, but way too many open areas in the pass D.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Doesn't impress me one iota. Tackles are a direct function of opportunity, and as long as our defense was on the field last Sunday, Bobby had plenty of opportunities to make tackles, and it doesn't matter if the tackle was made behind the LOS or 50 yards downfield. It's arguably the most deceiving stat that they keep.

I'd be more impressed if Bobby were at the top of a list of linebackers who were on the field on 3rd down when their opponent failed to convert.

Last edited:

QWERTY

Reaction score
As I said 2-3 years ago, Bobby is old and tackles means nothing.

I still stand by my word that I rather would have KJ than Bobby. But if Bobby is covering these WR's big mistmatch.

flv2

Reaction score
He had at least 8 tackles in the 4th quarter, all against the run, when the Rams were just trying to eat the clock. Earlier in the game he had 5 tackles on passes completed for 59 yards. He was professional, but he didn't really have any impact.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Seahawks "bought into the hype" of the press. They expected to win...but did not "play to win". They were surprised and tried to play to "not loose" the game.

Bobby could be our "salvation" as a unifying team voice. He is one of my all time favorite Seahawks!

But, I also noticed that Bobby was wearing "white shoes", not his normal black cleats. It is not as intimidating of a look for you Bobby...go back to the black and bring us back!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Over 50% of those 19 tackles resulted in plays of 2 yards or less. This means that Bobby played a huge role in the Rams 2.3 yards per carry.

Sure maybe the pass coverage wasn't great it's foolish to expect Bobby to cover receivers at this point. Forward filling gaps and sacking the QB is what he needs to do. Not sideways or backwards.

cymatica

Reaction score
Can't remember exactly what it's called, but there's a stat for effective tackles that result in short gain or less. This should be one of the main stats.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I love how people are dosing a star he has consistently been high on every year he has played in the NFL as if it’s only because our offense left the defense out there too much.

Bobby Wagner is going to get a ton of tackles whenever he plays. That’s just who he is and what he does.

cymatica

Reaction score
Nothing better than someone named Bobby being a tacklin' machine

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I love how people are dosing a star he has consistently been high on every year he has played in the NFL as if it’s only because our offense left the defense out there too much.

Bobby Wagner is going to get a ton of tackles whenever he plays. That’s just who he is and what he does.

Not dosing a star and I would think everybody loves Bobby, but lets be realistic. The stat is deceiving. He wouldnt have that stat if the defense could get off the field and he was capable of disrupting catches when he is in coverage. Love Bobby but he isnt the Bobby we once knew.

samwize77

Reaction score
Every fan can "fan" however they want. I'm not going to tell people how to see what they think they see, or how to unsee what they think they saw.
But holy s**t........
BWags is at the very least..the very least... SOLID. IMHO, to even point a finger in his direction as being a problem in any way tells me 2 things. Your expectations for anyone on the team is to high. Or you operate on emotion and not football knowledge. If every player on D played their position as well as Bobby plays his, we'd have an absolute dominate defense.
I personally could count on 1 hand other LB's I'd rather have play his position, and I wouldn't need all fingers.
I think that speaks for itself.
But if people wish to look for anything negative with Bobby......go for it. As a fan, you certainly have a right to your opinion.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not dosing a star and I would think everybody loves Bobby, but lets be realistic. The stat is deceiving. He wouldnt have that stat if the defense could get off the field and he was capable of disrupting catches when he is in coverage. Love Bobby but he isnt the Bobby we once knew.

Win or lose Bobby is, more often than not, a team leader in tackles. It’s a consistent stat throughout his career. Is he the same guy he was a decade ago? Of course not. Is he still very good at his job? Yes he is.