Bobby Wagner out indefinitely

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xcgow6f2 said:
Nah, we all need to freak out :stirthepot:
If it wasn't for jumping to conclusions and running around half cocked, some of us would get no exercise. :twisted:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pehawk":salflghv said:
This does suck. But at least unlike last year's KJ fiasco, the LB group has tremendous depth. Barton and Gordon Gekko are both naturally MLBs too.

This was great

OP
OP
A

arghawkfan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2gwv6edf said:
Chapow":2gwv6edf said:
DomeHawk":2gwv6edf said:
The OP's title seems unnecessarily fatalistic.

Fearmongering.

Indefinitely just means an unspecified period of time, it doesn't necessarily mean an extended period of time. It kind of seems like a lot of people don't understand the difference.

The link in the OP also says that Wagner is expected to be ready week 1.

I know what "indefinitely" means but within the context of what we are discussing here it comes off as an extended amount of time. Also, nowhere in the OP's actual post does it say he will be ready by day 1. I stand by my post, the OP was making it sound worse than it actually is.

I literally posted exactly the same title that what was on the rotoworld site, so easy with the fearmongering accusation. The article says he is expected to be ready week 1, but 1 year ago, as per the article below, they said KJ Wright was having a similar procedure on Aug 26th and was expected to be ready for week 1 in Denver, but we know how that turned out. Hope Wagner's situation is different

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... re-madden/

xray

Reaction score
So Wagner is out for " awhile "...Dickson may be out for " awhile " Reed is out for 6 games...Ansah-Iupati and Fluker haven't made it through a whole season without injury down time in years . Any thing else ? I need a drink.... :irishdrinkers:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
xray":3jlup5tn said:
So Wagner is out for " awhile "...Dickson may be out for " awhile " Reed is out for 6 games...Ansah-Iupati and Fluker haven't made it through a whole season without injury down time in years . Any thing else ? I need a drink.... :irishdrinkers:

Yeah, there is something else.

It's football. Injuries happen all the time. They'll happen in practice, preseason, regular season, during the bye week, and post season. They even happen at bars where guys get hit in the head with hammers, are involved in accidents (auto, ATV :34853_doh: , and boating). Maybe even slipping on ice.

Just in case you weren't prepared for more bad news. ;)

xray

Reaction score
pehawk":g83fsko0 said:
This does suck. But at least unlike last year's KJ fiasco, the LB group has tremendous depth. Barton and Gordon Gekko are both naturally MLBs too.
You forgot Ward Cleaver...he's a swiss army knife LB...

xray

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":ri8s1r61 said:
xray":ri8s1r61 said:

Yeah, there is something else.

It's football. Injuries happen all the time. They'll happen in practice, preseason, regular season, during the bye week, and post season. They even happen at bars where guys get hit in the head with hammers, are involved in accidents (auto, ATV :34853_doh: , and boating). Maybe even slipping on ice.

Just in case you weren't prepared for more bad news. ;)
Awww...the grasp of the obvious ; and the examples thereof ; are spot on...someone did their homework . Impressive.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Preseason is for those who are being evaluated for a roster spot. Wagner is not in that category. He doesn't need preseason and I'd rather he sit out than be out there and get hurt by a loose cannon player trying to make an impression. They need him for ~19 games that matter not for the first four (preseason games) that don't.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":11tf9rn3 said:
chris98251":11tf9rn3 said:
Read he has had this before a couple of times, somehow it didn't make news till now. The story I read it is to reduce inflammation and or swelling. it's on PFT if ya all want to look. Also Dickson is out and may need surgery as well, TE Dickson not Punter.
Yeah, the Times said that this morning.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I seem to remember people having had this done before. Don't really remember the outcome. I'm guessing not bad since it's not memorable. Didn't they have to go overseas for it or something like that?

RiverDog

Reaction score
HawkGA":1do58f2q said:
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I seem to remember people having had this done before. Don't really remember the outcome. I'm guessing not bad since it's not memorable. Didn't they have to go overseas for it or something like that?

Sidney Rice had a similar procedure done, and I think it was performed in Switzerland. Not sure how effective it was, but that was 10 years or so ago. Things might have changed since then.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
This isn't to concerning to me. Bobby will be on the field week and ballin out.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Germany was one spot as well that Sherman and someone else went to. Not that that is far from Switzerland.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
chris98251":36h5bpin said:
Read he has had this before a couple of times, somehow it didn't make news till now. The story I read it is to reduce inflammation and or swelling. it's on PFT if ya all want to look. Also Dickson is out and may need surgery as well, TE Dickson not Punter.

Reducing inflammation/swelling is kind of a weird thing to say because that usually means the body is in the middle of a pretty effective healing response to an injury. It may just be hard to describe properly in the format it is discussed.

I've seen a Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) multiple times for multiple injuries and it is like magic. I've had basic prolotherapy (injection of sugar water, lydacaine, similar substances or a combination thereof) and PRP injections; I didn't need the most significant treatment (stem cell injection). My injuries over time that were treated were an ulnar nerve displacement, a mostly torn supraspinatus tendon (rotator cuff), and a partially torn shoulder (the other one was completely torn at the same time and healed without help). All of these were injuries were some of the "top orthopedic surgeons" wanted to cut me open and had huge recovery periods afterwards. Luckily nothing was complete torn off, otherwise I would have had to go that route.

The entire point of these treatments was to get a healing response from the body where there is generally not a good one because of lower blood flow to the area. When I got that PRP in my shoulder, it was big ass needles going deep in and it immobilized me reasonably due to the swelling for up to a couple weeks. It's so significant they gave me non-OTC pain relievers, although I didn't take them because I try to avoid them unless the pain is really unbearable. My wife has also had PRP treatments near her spine for nerve damage from an exploded disc; she is basically normal after years of nagging pain and trying to dance around it and she didn't want major back surgery to deal with it.

Based on my personal experience and discussions with the D.O. in the past, they're probably using the PRP injections to treat an injury at/around a joint to get it to heal better/faster. Hopefully this means it will be significantly healed by the time he plays hard and not be a big risk for a longer term, more significant injury.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh, I just think this a standard recovery period for this kind of procedure.

For sure he'll be ready to go when it counts.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Well he got hurt last year. I doubt we get another 16 game season out of him. This is why I was concerned about resigning him. We'll see how it plays out hopefully he can stay healthy enough to get 12 games a year from him I think that's all we can really expect. LB takes it's toll on players it's the nature of the position.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The source said he should be ready for week 1. Pete said he did it before and it worked out for him, this is something they knew about when they gave him the extention. Not an issue, people.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts