Bobby Wagner the greatest tackler ever?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
To be fair- Kuechly makes more splash plays (He has double the number of picks than Bobby).. As much as I love Bobby (He's my favorite defender) and KJ.. It would be nice to see these 2 make more "Splash" plays. KJ has 2 career interceptions and just 11.5 sacks over 7 full seasons.

Bobby isn't much better off with 8 Int's and 15.5 sacks (only 2 seasons with over 2 sacks). Now I get it we don't blitz alot, but both Bobby and KJ are in coverage alot. It would be great to see them get more picks, force more fumbles, etc. These 2 are however elite tackling machines.

Chapow

Reaction score
I think it's a little unfair to hold lack of sacks against players that don't rush the passer much. Kind of hard to rack up the sack numbers when you aren't rushing the passer.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Chapow":172eqs2v said:
I think it's a little unfair to hold lack of sacks against players that don't rush the passer much. Kind of hard to rack up the sack numbers when you aren't rushing the passer.

I don't know where to find the numbers, but it seems when Bobby does actually blitz, he gets home convincingly.

Is this just a difference between a 4-3 (sort of for Pete's D-line) and the 3-4 teams?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":tann0hez said:
hawknation2018":tann0hez said:
#1 LB – BOBBY WAGNER, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS – 88.1 OVERALL GRADE

Wagner’s tackling ability has reached all-time great status at this point. He hasn’t missed a single one on 42 attempts this season. If we keep going back over the past year and a half, Wagner has missed all of three tackles on his last 192 attempts. And all three of those came after he returned from an injury late last season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... l-pro-team

And he’ll still lose the All Pro bid to Luke “concussion” Kuechly.

Not necessarily. The two of them have been first team All-Pro TOGETHER three times.

Shaz

Reaction score
You can debate who's better and no one would be wrong

I vote Bobby some vote Luke, both are great

They are future HOFers and dominated in an era that brought back a defensive resurgence

xray

Reaction score
Wagner for the Hawks....but ever ...Ray Lewis.

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":3ue95ww5 said:
Wagner for the Hawks....but ever ...Ray Lewis.

I could go with Butkus, Singletary, Carson, Nitschke, Seau, historically, Lewis had awesome support from his D Line to keep guys off him so he could make plays almost all his career. Some of the guys I mentioned were legendary and didn't have that benefit.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32l294d2 said:
Plus, everyone knows that Bobby Boucher is the best tackler since Joe Montana.

You're thinking of Joe Mantegna

rain7

Reaction score
Main difference is Bobby had a great start to his career. Luke had an amazing start to his career.

Looking it up, Luke had 150+ tackles his first three seasons, booby has had one in his career.

Once he got the reputation for being the best lb in the game, it's sorta hard for Bobby to take the crown purely based on established reputation.

Bobby has been better past few years if you go by stats though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":35ca197o said:
TBF I don't think the difference in media love is NEARLY AS LARGE as some Hawks fans make it out to be (the Seattle-sports-victim-complex is really a real thing, IMO).
Yeah, but it was very much a thing for decades, until Pete Carroll brought us a Super Bowl win.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Just watched the Lions game. Finally. Wagner was bringing it all game. Some seriously good tackles, and the announcers had some wonderful things to say about him. Also noticed was how hard Wagner was tackling Tate. Every tackle was like he was hitting with the force of a Mack truck. Dunno what it was, but it was obvious every time.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Luke Keuchly is one hit away from counting to potato.