BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

ducks41468

Reaction score
Nothing will happen to the beloved Patriots. I'm predicting a loss of a mid-round pick and a token fine. Everyone will complain, Pats fans will continue to show why they're the most obnoxious fanbase in the league, Goodell will retain his job in spite of the fact that he has a single-digit approval rating among fans, and life will go on. As much as I'd love chaos and drama, there won't be any.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, that report is pretty damning and is further evidence that the environment in NE breeds cheating. It sounds like they've been doing this for a while too with McNally being referred to as "the Deflator" before the 2014 season even started...

Makes you wonder what else they have cheated on... And what else they will do in the future...

They should test Brady for PEDs soon...

Pick6

Reaction score
Who knows how many of the games Pats won were legitimate? Sad thing is they got caught in the AFC game when they didn't need to cheat. They are a damn good franchise performance wise, but everything else is really shady.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It took 5 months to investigate this? That's fishy but at the same time Frank Clark and the Seahawks needed this level of a huge distraction.

ringless

Reaction score
Lol at the Patriots fans... They are saying basically the report didn't say much at anything and that it was inconclusive and that there was zero evidence of cheating. I wonder if another team had done this if they would defend that teams innocence and also be so blind to the text messages. Even the science discussed in it was pretty damning itself. It seems pretty conclusive.

I feel bad for the players, teams, and fans who had to play the Patriots. The Patriots won some games they had no business winning because of fumbles that would have happened. IT does make it even more questionable that Brady himself is the one who lobbied for the rule change in the first place.

No matter what punishment gets handed down it wont be enough. Brady certainly shouldn't be allowed in the HOF, and all their records should have an asterisk next to them

ringless

Reaction score
In the 6 pages I've read on the Pats board I have only found one person who thinks that the information looks to be bad... The others believe the report proves innocence

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You think if this story was about Peyton Manning that Patriot fans would be saying the same thing? Of course not :lol:

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Changing sports:
Pete Rose, as a manager, was banned from baseball for betting on games Cincinnati was involved. Not to lose the games, which is something he could impact. But betting on them to win, which he would try his best to make happen.

Tom Brady according to the report had a good probability of telling team employees to break the rules.

Will he be banned from the NFL? Should he be banned from the NFL? Should the Patriots be held responsible to some degree for numerous Patriot employees breaking the rules?

The fact remains the Patriots have been caught cheating TWICE in the last 15 years. There needs to be a death penalty type punishment for Tom Brady and the Patriots.

nsport

Reaction score
In light of the recent news that the Pats had enough knowledge, specifically Tom Brady - that the balls were improperly inflated... This is an abomination and speaks to the integrity issue that must be addressed by the NFL. If it helped them win a single game over the course of this era of Brady & Belichick, along with the owner Robert Kraft - there needs to be serious repercussions, perhaps even stronger than what happened to the New Orleans Saints - where guys were suspended for long periods of time or suspended indefinitely for ‪#‎BountyGate‬. At the least, I believe the Pats should lose multiple impact picks in the draft and Tom Brady should be suspended for several games. This is downright inexcusable and reprehensible. The New England Patriots have a history of cheating and it has to stop. ‪#‎deflategate‬

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
So the texts messages are pretty damning. If a team cheats all season shouldn't the season be invalidated? I'm not saying we should be the champs just that the patriots win should be vacated.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch was threatened with missing a game for wearing Gold cleats...

Brady better miss game(s) for this...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DJrmb":3gv3v8bg said:
Marshawn Lynch was threatened with missing a game for wearing Gold cleats...

Brady better miss game(s) for this...

If I had to guess, one, maybe two game suspension.

Goodell knows eveyone's been waiting six months for this nonsense, it better not just result in a fine. This isn't gold cleats, this is something that affects the outcome of games. To what degree is up for debate, but it's still egregious, especially consider it's obvious that Brady flat out lied in his press conference.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Vacate their championships and meltdown any of their Lombardis won during that time period. Suspend cheaters Brady and Billicheat for a year, take away their first round draft choices for 2 years. Take away the HOF opportunity for those 2 and if they cheat again their careers are over.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know how big a deal this is, but it seems a little off to say Sean Peyton deserved a one-year suspension for something he should've known while Brady gets significantly less than that for something he should've known and probably did know.

Saints fans will watch this one closely.

Regardless, huge hit to legacy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What will be done?

It's the NFL, the report is smoking gun Kraft needed to see. The Patriots cheated and this had apparently been a pattern. Brady knew and I suspect so did others but there is no evidence that the report mentioned. Brady and Patriots refused to totally cooperate with the investigation b/c they knew they were cheating and had been caught. The Wells report adds little except the emails from the guy that did the deflation.

What will be done? Likely nothing. After all it's the Patriots, we all know they cheated, but then again they do that regularly. Goddell will sweep this under the rug.