BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":vt813yv9 said:
I don't get why Patriots fans, or the Team itself is so upset with Goodell being the neutral arbitrator if it is within the rules... I mean it is within the rules...

The Patriots didn't have a problem with ineligible WR and eligible OL issues against the Ravens... Because they were within the rules... Is there a difference in saying that between the two incidents. Or are they only upset because they are on the other end of the rule bend?
Yeah they never had problems when Rog was over at Kraft's house watching playoff games. Ro nailed it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":s2cfv4x1 said:
ringless":s2cfv4x1 said:
I don't get why Patriots fans, or the Team itself is so upset with Goodell being the neutral arbitrator if it is within the rules... I mean it is within the rules...

The Patriots didn't have a problem with ineligible WR and eligible OL issues against the Ravens... Because they were within the rules... Is there a difference in saying that between the two incidents. Or are they only upset because they are on the other end of the rule bend?
Yeah they never had problems when Rog was over at Kraft's house watching playoff games. Ro nailed it.

I find it even funnier they are complaining about the length of time it took get the report out. Insinuating that it was slow because they didn't have enough evidence but if you look at the information in the report it was all generated very early in the process. I think it is pretty obvious the report was delayed so they wouldn't lose this years draft pick, your welcome. They should probably just say thank you and move on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Exactly! They benefited from the timing more than anything.
They are in their default "victim role" mode.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
While the Patriots information warfare campaign has seemed ridiculous, I think it may obfuscate things enough when this moves into legal proceedings after the arbitration. Tom Brady may come out of this thing with zero games suspended.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. If this goes the civil court route Brady will be forced to turn over his phone (plus being forced to testify) and the phone companies will be forced to turn over any needed data. Along with the Pats 2 equipment managers being forced to testify , plus more digging will unveil more stuff the Pats org doesn't want out there. I hope it does go to civil court for all of the above reasons. IF it goes that route and if the NFL was smart they'd stall this until after the Pats 4th game just to mess with them

RedAlice

Reaction score
Agree. If Brady brings this to a real court, the fun is just beginning and it will not end well for him. I kinda hope he does it.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It seems strange to punish a team mostly in a single season for an act that went on for several. What they basically did was a subtle enhancement of their ability to win for most of a decade. Thus, if the NFL is collectively unwilling to really get after Patriots, it seems like the punishment should seek to decrease their ability to win similarly and to do it more heavily because they consciously cheated. Instead of a suspension and a loss of a single pick, it should be something more along the lines of a loss of a 2nd round pick, a 4th round pick, and 5% less total cap space each season over the next 5 years while either Belichick or Brady are still employed by their organization.

The Pats get the chance to prove something about themselves by winning at a disadvantage and other teams get to enjoy a small advantage over them for a similar length of time. If the league's decision makers are not going to make an example out of anyone, at least attempt to achieve some sort of similarity between the reward they got for cheating and the punishment they're now receiving for it.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
The simple fact is that anyone who believes brady is innocent is a dumbass, and as naive as a person can be.

Sorry mods. I really do have a lot of respect for NFL fans, and true Seattle fans (the Seattle faithful) waited a long time to be in the conversation, but If that is a reason to ban me then so be it. I cannot say it any simpler than that.

What the patriots have done, is a discredit to the entire league, and it has an impact on all NFL fans who have an emotional investment.

I am always going to want my Colts to win, but I will also have a lot of respect for the teams that do (honestly) win with integrity.

Laloosh

Reaction score
BlueShoe":xmrbrl0u said:
The simple fact is that anyone who believes brady is innocent is a dumbass, and as naive as a person can be.

Sorry mods. I really do have a lot of respect for NFL fans, and true Seattle fans (the Seattle faithful) waited a long time to be in the conversation, but If that is a reason to ban me then so be it. I cannot say it any simpler than that.

What the patriots have done, is a discredit to the entire league, and it has an impact on all NFL fans who have an emotional investment.

I am always going to want my Colts to win, but I will also have a lot of respect for the teams that do (honestly) win with integrity.
Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueShoe":1hdq5cyy said:

I have no problem with what you said, but I have loose morals. 8)
We saw a barrage of patriots troglodytes before and after XLIX and saw the dumbassery first hand.

ringless

Reaction score
If McNally admitted to doctoring the footballs for the last 10 years what would a fair punishment be? I would have to say obviously no HOF for Brady. The super bowl win vacated. And at least 10 Draft picks taken.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ringless":2h733nwj said:
If McNally admitted to doctoring the footballs for the last 10 years what would a fair punishment be? I would have to say obviously no HOF for Brady. The super bowl win vacated. And at least 10 Draft picks taken.

And there in lies the problem.

People are bashing Brady for lying but in reality he had little to no choice. He was being accused of a very minor portion of what was really going on and admitting to it very possibly would open a nasty can of worms. There really was no way for him to say they did it just once because previous complaints and warnings would have been brought up and so unless he is going to admit to the entire thing, admitting to even part of it would likely be a career destroyer.

That being said the Patriots now fanning the fire is the dumbest thing they could do. Unless of course they are both innocent and able to prove such beyond any shred of doubt. Otherwise any type of victory will still be hollow and written off like OJ's victory in court. Not "PROVEN" guilty never came close to clearing his name.

pmedic920

Reaction score
To all that say " little less air, no big deal"
I say, in this day and age, with the talent being fairly even across the board, it's very small details that make a difference.
When one of those small details is something that breaks the rules, that "small detail" is HUGE.
IMHO, Brady has been pulling this crap for years and ANY talk of "dynasty" for the TB/BB era patriots, should immediately cease and desist.
It's cheating, it gave them a competitive edge (if not he would not have been doing it), they should have zero credibility in the sports world.
I'll add, that I hate to say that because I've always admired and respected what the patriots have been able to accomplish.

I'm not perfect, I've cheated in my day. I've done side jobs for cash,and not reported the earnings. I like to be the Banker when I play monopoly so I can slide my self an extra $500.
This is different, it is a big deal. I feel bad for the fans of teams that have been beaten by Brady on a regular basis, because who knows what the outcome may have been.
I say screw Tom Brady and screw the HOF, if they EVER let him in.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I love it when the Cheatriots fans say it didn't make a difference, then why did he do it if it didn't make a difference?
Oh, and, the fumble rates since 2007 say it made a huge difference.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Things about to get ugly... signs point to the NFL backing down somewhat now...

Vetamur

Reaction score
Man ..this looks so bad. My guess is Brady only gets one game and the Pats lose a 4th or something. Stinks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":222a63r7 said:
If the penalties to Brady/the Patriots get reduced, I'm going to be livid.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/600663888519127040[/tweet]

I've watched enough mafia movies to know Goodell needs to run! Run like the wind! Was there a double cheek kiss!