BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

ringless

Reaction score
GUILTY!!!!!

There could very well be more to this than we know. However the fact that Kraft just laid down to me means there is more that we don't know... Whatever that may be. I do hope this brings more clarity to Patriots fans that yes..... There might be some guilt... This was a way to prevent things getting worse

12thbrah

Reaction score
Members at Patsplanet are losing their marbles over Kraft bending over for Goodell. LOL!!!

"i'm not ever attending another Patriots game ever again! I'm done with the NFL" rabble rabble rabble

HawkCop

Reaction score
12thbrah":2to0nuly said:
Members at Patsplanet are losing their marbles over Kraft bending over for Goodell. LOL!!!

"i'm not ever attending another Patriots game ever again! I'm done with the NFL" rabble rabble rabble

26 pages and counting! :snack:

Patsfans.com is 26 pages

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":32lmis1s said:
chris98251":32lmis1s said:
I am thinking that he did not have the backing of the other owners and by continueing continuing this he would have been the Red Headed red-headed stepchild, rememeber remember they want to compete on a level playing field as much as possible also. Think back to the poisen poison pill, the other owners did not like it and Minny while allowed the one instance and us ours with Burleson agreed not to do it anymore. Peer pressure!

...And I didn't even correct everything. Damn, Chris. Lay off the booze this early in the day.

At work so don't have time to proof read or fix my fat fingering. If it bothers you then there is a silver lining :)

Love ya Ro your my favorite Ho!

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2tym1mcz said:
kidhawk":2tym1mcz said:
FlyHawksFly":2tym1mcz said:
kidhawk":2tym1mcz said:
Goodell didn't handle the original suspension, that's why he's allowed to oversee the appeal.

He could oversee the appeal either way, I believe. It is in the CBA.

If he tried to do both, they would easily go to court and have him removed for a neutral arbitrator. Many speculated that Vincent was given the original suspension duty so Goodell could hear the suspension and not be remove.

No, this is incorrect. Read the CBA, the players gave Goodell the right to over see both. Granted, they could challenge the CBA, but everyone I have seen speculate on that thinks the NFLPA would lose.

Where in the CBA?

[urltargetblank]https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf[/urltargetblank]

I don't see a section where it says explicitly that the commissioner handles these himself

ringless

Reaction score
I have a question that someone may be able to answer....

Why is it that Patriots fans are obsessed with filing a defamation suit?
Why do they think it would hold any water?

Can they prove that the intent of the investigation and the reports sole purpose was to damage Brady's name?
Can they say that it was purely done with a malice intent?

It makes me laugh everytime. Defamation is hard to prove, let alone in something like this where they were just looking at the evidence provided. Nowhere did Wells directly say Brady was a cheater, or make any negative remarks. He just said its more probable than not based on the intel gathered that the rules weren't followed. I don't get it?

kidhawk

Reaction score
ringless":zhfv7tzt said:
I have a question that someone may be able to answer....

Why is it that Patriots fans are obsessed with filing a defamation suit?
Why do they think it would hold any water?

Can they prove that the intent of the investigation and the reports sole purpose was to damage Brady's name?
Can they say that it was purely done with a malice intent?

It makes me laugh everytime. Defamation is hard to prove, let alone in something like this where they were just looking at the evidence provided. Nowhere did Wells directly say Brady was a cheater, or make any negative remarks. He just said its more probable than not based on the intel gathered that the rules weren't followed. I don't get it?

This is where fan=fanatic comes from. It's not supposed to make any sense logically.

The league isn't going to defame a team, because by defaming a team, they defame themselves.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ringless":2lh0h3h9 said:
GUILTY!!!!!

There could very well be more to this than we know. However the fact that Kraft just laid down to me means there is more that we don't know... Whatever that may be. I do hope this brings more clarity to Patriots fans that yes..... There might be some guilt... This was a way to prevent things getting worse

Here's the thing. Patriot fans believe Kraft is just looking out for the NFL and fell on the sword so to say and if they now do reduce Tom Shady's suspension they will still take it as an admission from the NFL that they were at very least a little wrong, strengthening (in their minds) that a little air doesn't matter and the league was simply out to get them and got caught so they reduced the suspension in effort to avoid embarrassment.

Goody and the NFL have one more chance to make a real statement here. If the 4 game suspension stands it will be a statement that cheating will be dealt with. All the kicking and screaming only made you look worse.

Unfortunately I believe that Craft made his deal with Goody and that was that Tom Shady's suspension be either reduce or removed. If it gets removed I will likely flip out like many and that might be the only reason it doesn't.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
What is worse is if the games suspension drops to 2, they only lose 2 games...no money.

gargantual

Reaction score
A petition should be started to DEMAND a full investigation all the way back to 2007. Not sure how much evidence could be found beyond circumstantial, but it would send a message that no one is being fooled. The integrity of the game is at stake. Otherwise, the NFL is the new WWF.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I am disappointed in Kraft. I thought after all of his "tough guy" talk the other day he was going to go "nuclear" on the NFL, and according to the Cheatriots fans this whole thing would be overturned. I think Rog had and ace up his sleeve that no one knew about in order to get Kraft to roll over after his defiant speech the other day.

It would have been fun to see this thing go to court, but in the end I don't think the NFL or the Pats wanted the mess that would have created.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Goodell probably threatened him with releasing something that would be very damning. Hope he's got some similar leverage against Brady so the NFLPA doesn't pull a rabbit out of a hat and get his suspension reduced or overturned.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Goodell caves and doesn't impose the penalty we know the fix is in, he has to know the perception of what it would look like.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":yqvejoig said:
Goodell probably threatened him with releasing something that would be very damning. Hope he's got some similar leverage against Brady so the NFLPA doesn't pull a rabbit out of a hat and get his suspension reduced or overturned.
I concur.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1awbdgb0 said:
RolandDeschain":1awbdgb0 said:
I concur.
Screenshotting this; the day that Sports Hernia was rooting for Goodell! :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1prdwphz said:
Sports Hernia":1prdwphz said:
RolandDeschain":1prdwphz said:
I concur.
I know, right?
I've said other good things about Rog lately as well. We will see if that continues after Brady's appeal though.
Still not a fan, but he's trending in the upwards trajection of late.

homerun1970

Reaction score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/theres-story-why-2-patriots-135458009.html
A report saying the nfl ordered the two texters suspended on the sixth, They waited until later to punish the Pats.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-brady-suspension/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Mostly speculative if they were some back alley deal to reduce the suspension.

My thought has always been you don't want to turn over your phone and texts that is your choice, However it will lead to not playing until you decide to turn it over. The NFL spent huge bucks to receive a report that although damaging left the Pats wiggle room due to allowing Brady deniability.

pmedic920

Reaction score
78884806203545e1391fb0cf26238cca.jpg

I refuse to type it but I laughed out loud when I saw this.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":39r72jcv said:
RolandDeschain":39r72jcv said:
Sports Hernia":39r72jcv said:
RolandDeschain":39r72jcv said:
I concur.
I know, right?
I've said other good things about Rog lately as well. We will see if that continues after Brady's appeal though.
Still not a fan, but he's trending in the upwards trajection of late.

When he is at the bottom of the barrel, there is usually only one way to go....up. But if you look under the barrel....Brady.