Brandon Browner being investigated for assault

Rob12

Reaction score
I want him on this team. He damn well better make the 53.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
But they're the right kind of penalties.

Need that bully swagger. Hard pressed to find someone in this league in Chancellor's class.

Seattle was at it's best playing on the edge and angry. We lost a lot of that when Browner and Bryant and Giacomini left. I have no problems with penalties when you get the good that goes along with it.

Seymour

Reaction score
The right kind of penalties? He lead the entire NFL and had every kind of penalty. There is no "SWAG" when you have to tackle the faster guy to save bacon. I still like Browner, but he needs to reel it in and play within himself and the game, or risk will outweigh reward IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1zjzt1y2 said:
Rob12":1zjzt1y2 said:
I want him on this team. He damn well better make the 53.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss all those penalties, huh?
I don't believe any penalty is good but I suppose if we're insistent on be this generation's Raiders penalty wise at least make them for playing angry, not for mental mistakes like false starts and the like.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Seymour":2258r59m said:
The right kind of penalties? He lead the entire NFL and had every kind of penalty. There is no "SWAG" when you have to tackle the faster guy to save bacon. I still like Browner, but he needs to reel it in and play within himself and the game, or risk will outweigh reward IMO.

When did he lead the league in penalties? Not saying he didn't but was it when he was here or somewhere else?

The NFL penalizes for aggressive play, just look at the text book hit on VD from Kam that pulled every flag on the field out. The hit couldn't be any cleaner yet every official pulled the PF flag.

The only way to avoid penalties of an aggressive nature is to not play aggressive. There is a reason the teams that make it the farthest in the playoffs almost always are at the top of the league in penalties. Especially if your not a legacy team.

It just comes with the territory. It's a trade off I am happy to take but like Mizzuo (sp) said, the false starts and off sides are the ones that really need to be removed. Non aggressive penalties are destructive. Aggressive penalties send a message.