BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gh6vh8d said:
I purchased a Lamborghini Murcielago for $400,000.
I chose only to drive it 65 miles per hour on the freeway to work and back.
I am disappointed in the production of my Murcielago, and sold it for $75,000 after a year.
I am now bragging about having gotten rid of it for under-performing.

I am half of .NET posters opining on Percy Harvin today.
No doubt.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
red grenadine":2hzqbnzr said:
RolandDeschain":2hzqbnzr said:
I am disappointed in the production of my Murcielago, and sold it for $75,000 after a year.

Don't forget your Murcielago was a lemon that was constantly broken down. It was probably worth closer to 50K but at least you got something for it
Truth.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":28jtlmu5 said:
Edited for content

We've seen how quickly Pete will remove a player that does not "buy in". We've seen Pete locate a remove problem players Quickly and Without Hesitation.

So what part of that makes you think he wouldn't so the same to his coaching staff?

I have Never personally liked Bevell or his play calling BUT if he was the problem I certainly believe Pete would have no problem replacing him promptly.

BUT maybe you should be the Head Coach instead of PC :lol:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Half of .NET is acting like the spoiled child that just had one of their toys taken away by mom & dad, and they're screaming that the toy sucked and they didn't want it anyway.

I'm ashamed to be associated with the lot of you that are posting that way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DJrmb":1v4oblkr said:

We've seen how quickly Pete will remove a player that does not "buy in". We've seen Pete locate a remove problem players Quickly and Without Hesitation.

So what part of that makes you think he wouldn't so the same to his coaching staff?

I have Never personally liked Bevell or his play calling BUT if he was the problem I certainly believe Pete would have no problem replacing him promptly.

BUT maybe you should be the Head Coach instead of PC :lol:
Pete is extremely loyal to his coaching staff so short of them commiting a serious crime or publicly making the Hawks look bad by saying a derogatory racial, religious, or sexist statement he wouldn't fire anyone on his staff. Besides, when was the last time you saw a head coach fire a coord midseason, I recall one in the past 20 years, it simply doesn't happen.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":zbi82kqs said:
Half of .NET is acting like the spoiled child that just had one of their toys taken away by mom & dad, and they're screaming that the toy sucked and they didn't want it anyway.

Its especially amusing when paired with the "what would you trade for Harvin" thread that was bumped an hour or two ago where most hawk fans were claiming they would take NO LESS THAN 2 or 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR HIM!!!!

That was 5 days ago.

Now apparently he was the lynchpin keeping our offense from scoring lol.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":166mv1ph said:
Its especially amusing when paired with the "what would you trade for Harvin" thread that was bumped an hour or two ago where most hawk fans were claiming they would take NO LESS THAN 2 or 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR HIM!!!!

That was 5 days ago.

Petulant hypocrisy. Gotta love it.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":zvu3686x said:
Hawkpower":zvu3686x said:

That was 5 days ago.

Petulant hypocrisy. Gotta love it.

Yup, but at the same time, if what is true is coming about him in the locker room, fights, etc. then things change. On the field though, no one can deny his talent.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bkbuui2 said:

This is pure gold. Game, set, match

12evanf

Reaction score
Another factor is that, from reports, most of the players are stunned from the Harvin trade. That contrasts with the locker room cancer thread we have all immediately swallowed, if he was poisoning the locker room there would be less shock. Since there is such a shock from fans and from players, how is this large of a distraction going to affect gameplay as the team is flying into St Louis?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21jv2axw said:

And then there are people like me who said on the day we traded for him that it would be a disaster and the worst move in team history.

I think there are at least 75-100 wrs in the nfl who are better than Harvin.

Harvin was garbage when we traded for him ajd hes garbage when we trade him away.

I am CELEBRATING the trade. Harvin was the only player on the team that I didnt like at all. Now I will have more fun cheering on the hawks now that he's gone and we can get back to Seahawks football.

Juat because YOU miss harvin doesn't mean we all do.

Harvin is the most overrated player in the nfl in the last 10 years.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2otacb9h said:
Yup, but at the same time, if what is true is coming about him in the locker room, fights, etc. then things change. On the field though, no one can deny his talent.
Many are now doing exactly that on this forum right now.

I am mourning the loss of such a talented player, but I'm behind Papa Pete's decision to do it. #TrustInCarroll

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Thank God it's a fact I'm clueless about football but if this means we actually throw passes beyond the LOS I call it a fair trade for me not being a coach or player. Man when your wrong your wrong but wow how wrong can John and Pete be before some obvious questions are asked? Talk about epic fail what even compares? Not happy here.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":g206mp48 said:
RolandDeschain":g206mp48 said:

And then there are people like me who said on the day we traded for him that it would be a disaster and the worst move in team history.

I think there are at least 75-100 wrs in the nfl who are better than Harvin.

Harvin was garbage when we traded for him ajd hes garbage when we trade him away.

I am CELEBRATING the trade. Harvin was the only player on the team that I didnt like at all. Now I will have more fun cheering on the hawks now that he's gone and we can get back to Seahawks football.

Juat because YOU miss harvin doesn't mean we all do.

Harvin is the most overrated player in the nfl in the last 10 years.

Harvin is a threat to score anytime the ball is in his hands, anywhere on the field.

Not only can you NOT say that about 100 other receivers in the NFL, you also can't say it about very many other Hawks in general.

By all accounts he was being a douche, and if Pete decided it was time to cut bait, I trust him.

I understand it makes you feel better to pretend Percy sucks, but its far from the truth.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1c047c7d said:
dontbelikethat":1c047c7d said:
Many are now doing exactly that on this forum right now.

I am mourning the loss of such a talented player, but I'm behind Papa Pete's decision to do it. #TrustInCarroll
Doesn't matter how talented he is if he is a locker room cancer, losing DeSean Jackson sure is hurting the Eagles right now.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawkpower":334u7pxf said:
RolandDeschain":334u7pxf said:

That was 5 days ago.

I said I would swap 7th to get Harvin out.

I am the happiest person on .net today. Instead of swapping 7ths we get a midround pick.

We got waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I would have settled for. Congrats to Schneider

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1dhzldbs said:
Hawkpower":1dhzldbs said:
RolandDeschain":1dhzldbs said:

That was 5 days ago.

I am the happiest person on .net today. Instead of swapping 7ths we get a midround pick.

We got waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I would have settled for. Congrats to Schneider

Praise god that you arent our GM.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2c8tumst said:
bjornanderson21":2c8tumst said:
Hawkpower":2c8tumst said:
RolandDeschain":2c8tumst said:

That was 5 days ago.

Praise god that you arent our GM.

If I was GM we never would have traded for him in the first place.

It almost sounds like you think trading for him from Minny was a good move....

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3i0eh7dl said:
RolandDeschain":3i0eh7dl said:

This is exactly my attitude.

It feels bad it looks bad...

But THIS coach and THIS GM put a Superbowl trophy on an empty mantle.

And not just any Superbowl Trophy, the most DOMINANT Superbowl win in recent memory. One of the top 5 most dominant Superbowl wins of all time... over the top offense and one of the greatest QB's in the history of the NFL.

I figure they know more than the fans, the press, and most of the front offices in this league. So...

Likely so.

Lets not get too blind though.

I trust Pete on this, but they arent beyond reproach. The tweets from the players who seem surprised and upset that he is gone worries me a bit.

If this was an ego thing on Pete's part and nothing more, that would be upsetting to say the least.

. I sure hope to learn more

Status
Not open for further replies.