BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Feel free to look yourself.

I predicted he would be injured in 13 and suck in 14.

Although I go by a different name there so have fun looking

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to be associated with the lot of you that are posting that way.[/quote]

Its especially amusing when paired with the "what would you trade for Harvin" thread that was bumped an hour or two ago where most hawk fans were claiming they would take NO LESS THAN 2 or 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR HIM!!!!

That was 5 days ago.

Now apparently he was the lynchpin keeping our offense from scoring lol.[/quote]

I said I would swap 7th to get Harvin out.

I am the happiest person on .net today. Instead of swapping 7ths we get a midround pick.

We got waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I would have settled for. Congrats to Schneider[/quote]

Praise god that you arent our GM.[/quote]

If I was GM we never would have traded for him in the first place.

It almost sounds like you think trading for him from Minny was a good move....[/quote]

Sure, why not?

You get a chance to get the most electric player in the NFL and hope you can change his ways you go for it.

Didnt work out. It happens.

12evanf

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1dxnch97 said:
It just shows what a cancer he was if we were willing to move on after such an investment.

Sad.

As has been brought up, maybe RW has more to do with it than we think. I'm just trying to get perspectives beyond "someone said he's a cancer so he is." Tate and RW have a broken relationship, ADB was yelling at RW after the last game and now we got rid of Percy and suddenly everyone hates him and he's a cancer.

hangumhi

Reaction score
I'm honestly curious why we couldn't have traded Percy in the off season when the staff knew about the "cancer" before the rest of the NFL GM's did? Percy was all the rage after the SB; his stock was higher than ever. Percy was being talked about on every talk show before the season started...did the window of opportunity for a better trade even close as much as this trade indicates? I understand the urgency of improving morale in the locker room but it sure seems like they should have traded him in the off season or at least negotiated a better deal than this. I'm not mad that he's gone but I am mad that we didn't get anything for him.

I can't imagine trying to manage an office when you have a crazy employee punching other employees. No company on earth would tolerate this type of behavior...once again why wasn't he traded when his stock was high?

I believe this was a very difficult to manage situation with Harvin's antics but in my opinion it wasn't managed even slightly competently. Either they should have gotten his butt out of here before the season started or they should have sat his ass; the threat of driving his stock into the ground would have forced Harvin to either correct his behavior or watch his stock drop through the floor while he sat on the bench. Ultimately Pete had the power to control Harvin; if that would have meant having to bench him or even let him tantrum on the practice squad, eventually one of two things would have happened A. what just happened (trade for nothing) B. He would have turned his attitude around. Either way, Pete would have preserved the morale of the team by getting the distraction out of the locker room and the sidelines until he changed or he was traded. Instead I see a morale-fractured locker room with a team turning on each other on the side lines during games and a star player traded for squat. It's a lose lose...once again I'm not mad about him leaving I'm mad about how and when he left.

On one hand I'm glad Pete flexed and showed the team that he has their best interests in mind and that he's not afraid to let any of them go at any given time if they're not willing to play his way (this I believe is great!). But what's not great is that he allowed crap to go on for so long. If I had an employee doing what Harvin was doing and I was forced to keep him or her in my company, I wouldn't give them a damn thing they asked for until I was getting everything I asked of them; I would cut their hours to nothing; I would lay them off. I would make their life a living hell until I got my way. Hawks entire leadership team dropped the ball all over the place on this drama.

I know this is a long post and I'm sorry but dang I'm upset with how this whole situation was handled. There's so much more I want to say...why did we let Golden go over a million or so when we knew Harvin wasn't what we wanted in the locker room? Urghhh I should stop before this becomes any longer than it already is.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
this place should be called middleschool.net. You guys don't call yourself men do you?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Very disappointing, but sounds like it had to be done eventually.

I think it takes certain type of receiver to fit in with Russell Wilson and his dedicated, obsessive approach to football, and Harvin didn't fit in with that approach. A guy like Marvin Harrison who played for the Colts years ago would have been a perfect personality and work-ethic fit for Russell.

If it wasn't clear before, with this move it's clear the Seahawks are hitching their wagons to accommodating Wilson and his dedication to his craft for years to come. That's probably a wise decision.

Anthony!

Reaction score
12evanf":2jk1zqwa said:
Tech Worlds":2jk1zqwa said:
It just shows what a cancer he was if we were willing to move on after such an investment.

Sad.

As has been brought up, maybe RW has more to do with it than we think. I'm just trying to get perspectives beyond "someone said he's a cancer so he is." Tate and RW have a broken relationship, ADB was yelling at RW after the last game and now we got rid of Percy and suddenly everyone hates him and he's a cancer.

no because of all this

try reading this

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/pe ... son/244668

So he punches Tate, nearly fought with Wilson,

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/pe ... wks/244660

Make it pretty open and shut

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1r08gbaf said:
Feel free to look yourself.

I predicted he would be injured in 13 and suck in 14.

Although I go by a different name there so have fun looking
Funny, I see the words you spelled out, but everyone on this forum just sees:

Tumblr lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
hangumhi":2i7wp7q3 said:
I'm honestly curious why we couldn't have traded Percy in the off season when the staff knew about the "cancer" before the rest of the NFL GM's did? Percy was all the rage after the SB; his stock was higher than ever. Percy was being talked about on every talk show before the season started...did the window of opportunity for a better trade even close as much as this trade indicates? I understand the urgency of improving morale in the locker room but it sure seems like they should have traded him in the off season or at least negotiated a better deal than this. I'm not mad that he's gone but I am mad that we didn't get anything for him.

I'm sorry I didn't read the entire thing, but I read a bit and I can answer that for you as also was talked about by many other people already. He's a talented player, and had a lot invested in him, you don't give up on him early. Yes he had problems, but the problems were tolerable (as bad as they reportedly were) until reportedly now. When he fought with Wilson & refused to go in the Dallas game was the last straw (reportedly). That matched with bad production on the field, leaving the offensive identity probably all factored into his departure.

The Jets know exactly what they're getting with Percy. Understand, is it good if they screwed a team for compensation? Yeah I guess, but I look to this tweet from Andrew Brandt.

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt
Knowing John Schneider and importance of trust to him, he did not hoodwink Idzik. The @nyjets know exactly what they're getting

Relationships are important in this business. The fact that you would be willing to part way with Harvin so fast should tell you all you need to know. It surprises me as a lot of others that the Jets would even be willing to take him. His value wasn't ever going to be anything good if Seattle was going to trade him so soon.

Escamillo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3g7c3l9m said:
Half of .NET is acting like the spoiled child that just had one of their toys taken away by mom & dad, and they're screaming that the toy sucked and they didn't want it anyway.

I'm ashamed to be associated with the lot of you that are posting that way.

It's called "sour grapes". A very famour Aesop's fable, where a fox was unable to reach some grapes, so walked away saying, "bah, those grapes were sour anyway". You didn't need to create a new analogy for the phenomenon. lol

But let's look at the other side. The other half of .NET is in full rage mode, condemning Carroll and Schneider in no uncertain terms. Yet, I don't see them calling for Paul Allen to fire Carroll and/or Schneider. If this situation is really as horrible as that half of .NET is acting, then the logical response would be to fire those responsible. Refusing to call for such firings would indicate fanboyism for Carroll or Schneider, which that half of .NET condemns the other half of being inflicted with. :2:

Now, someone who's is REALLY a no-nonsense, hardnosed, tough, objective, zero fanboyism guy might say that both halves of .NET are pathetic. One half suddenly says,"Harvin sucked anyway" (like the fox said of the grapes he couldn't get), and the other half says the front office sucks, but doesn't that half lacks the courage of their convictions to call for firing those responsible.

BTW, I've listened to the national talking heads, and most are siding with the "sour grapes" half of .NET, rather than your half.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Escamillo":1gg9ns0j said:
RolandDeschain":1gg9ns0j said:
Half of .NET is acting like the spoiled child that just had one of their toys taken away by mom & dad, and they're screaming that the toy sucked and they didn't want it anyway.

It's called "sour grapes". A very famour Aesop's fable, where a fox was unable to reach some grapes, so walked away saying, "bah, those grapes were sour anyway". You didn't need to create a new analogy for the phenomenon. lol

But let's look at the other side. The other half of .NET is in full rage mode, condemning Carroll and Schneider in no uncertain terms. Yet, I don't see them calling for Paul Allen to fire Carroll and/or Schneider. If this situation is really as horrible as that half of .NET is acting, then the logical response would be to fire those responsible. Refusing to call for such firings would indicate fanboyism for Carroll or Schneider, which that half of .NET condemns the other half of being inflicted with. :2:

Now, someone who's is REALLY a no-nonsense, hardnosed, tough, objective, zero fanboyism guy might say that both halves of .NET are pathetic. One half suddenly says,"Harvin sucked anyway" (like the fox said of the grapes he couldn't get), and the other half says the front office sucks, but doesn't that half lacks the courage of their convictions to call for firing those responsible.

BTW, I've listened to the national talking heads, and most are siding with the "sour grapes" half of .NET, rather than your half.
Lol - good point about sour grapes. However, I'm not on the "other half". I've said on the forum twice today already that I fully support Carroll's decision because I'm confident that he knew for whatever reason(s) that it had to be done. I'm sad we've lost Harvin as a player, though.

12evanf

Reaction score
Anthony!":rfbylyny said:
12evanf":rfbylyny said:
Tech Worlds":rfbylyny said:

Sad.

no because of all this

try reading this

Not to me it doesn't. If he did punch Tate, why did we keep him until now, not hear about it until now, and why did we not sign Tate? Especially with Percy's history.

Also why would Percy punch Tate? And right at the time that Tate supposedly slept with RW's wife? Maybe he was standing up for his QB and maybe that's why we haven't heard about it until now.

Your second link just states Percy wanted out of Seattle. What does that prove? That he no longer likes his QB?

Our offense does not have a lot of ego personalities on it. Tate, ADB, and Harvin are the 3 that come to mind. RW has now had signs of problems with all 3.

This is pure conjecture, but so is the narrative that is being thrown out to us in scraps.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd have a lot more faith in all the bad rumors about Percy if anybody had reported on them before today.

Not saying they're all bogus, but it's pretty easy to come out and sling mud after the turds have hit the fan.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":aigx8yxo said:
RolandDeschain":aigx8yxo said:

And then there are people like me who said on the day we traded for him that it would be a disaster and the worst move in team history.

I think there are at least 75-100 wrs in the nfl who are better than Harvin.

Harvin was garbage when we traded for him ajd hes garbage when we trade him away.

I am CELEBRATING the trade. Harvin was the only player on the team that I didnt like at all. Now I will have more fun cheering on the hawks now that he's gone and we can get back to Seahawks football.

Juat because YOU miss harvin doesn't mean we all do.

Harvin is the most overrated player in the nfl in the last 10 years.
:34853_doh:

No, he is a really good WR. He just is injured too much. Regardless of your opinion on him or this trade, he is a big reason you got a Lombardi trophy last winter.

In any case, he wasn't going to be a Seahawk next year anyway. R. Wilson's contract wouldn't have allowed it. At least this way Seattle can get SOMETHING for him, because by next off-season the whole league would know he was on his way out, and if he got injured at some point this year his value would further deteriorate.

I don't think the timing is good, unless there was something going on no one here really knows, but it had to happen eventually. At least this way Wilson will have tall WRs on the outside who can win jump balls.

Anthony!":aigx8yxo said:
12evanf":aigx8yxo said:
Tech Worlds":aigx8yxo said:

Sad.

no because of all this

try reading this

That really shows Wilson's leadership skills that he was able handle that and still get Harvin passes.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2brmshg3 said:
bjornanderson21":2brmshg3 said:
RolandDeschain":2brmshg3 said:

And then there are people like me who said on the day we traded for him that it would be a disaster and the worst move in team history.

Harvin was garbage when we traded for him ajd hes garbage when we trade him away.

I am CELEBRATING the trade. Harvin was the only player on the team that I didnt like at all. Now I will have more fun cheering on the hawks now that he's gone and we can get back to Seahawks football.

No, he is a really good WR. He just is injured too much. Regardless of your opinion on him or this trade, he is a big reason you got a Lombardi trophy last winter.

Injured too much like you said and only played 3 games including playoffs last season, but yeah, he was a big reason the Superbowl trophy is in Seattle. :lol:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2z29ei5i said:
5_Golden_Rings":2z29ei5i said:
bjornanderson21":2z29ei5i said:
RolandDeschain":2z29ei5i said:

Injured too much like you said and only played 3 games including playoffs last season, but yeah, he was a big reason the Superbowl trophy is in Seattle. :lol:

I think you are being sarcastic, but what I saw in the game was Denver didn't know how to defend you PRECISELY because of the threat Harvin gave. Every Seahawk game I saw teams stacked the middle of box against Seattle but in the Super Bowl Denver seemed spread out. Over and over the middle of the defense was vacant. Harvin was a big reason for that.

And in the return game he was huge for momentum.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jesus, we have a 49er fan here calming the masses about trading Harvin, Hell has Frozen over.

But good thoughts and appreciated 5_Golden_Rings !

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this move. Harvin was a known cancer on the Vikings team with multiple blowups with the coaching staff. Add in the injuries and what at least to me looked liked his not willing to play thru pain and he was an accident waiting to happen.

Now add in that he was from my recollection UDFA after that season, yet we played dearly with a 1st and 7th in 2013, and 3rd in 2014 to get him. Not to mention the deal he signed and he was injured all season except for a brief appearance in one regular season game, one playoff game and one play in the Super Bowl and that was it.

While I'm sad to think that we were able to get so little for him, another part of me says the league now values him far lower than he values himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he is out of the league in 2-3 years.

I hope out of this we get back to Seahawks football and show that last year was just the start of our run with greatness!

DJrmb

Reaction score

This has got to go down as one of the most ignorant statements in the history of this forum!

Really? Harvin is a big reason we won the Lombardi trophy last year? Really????? Do you know ANYTHING ABOUT LAST YEAR???????????????????

Lord, please forgive them, for they know not how stupid they sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.