BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Rat":3utqw1dk said:
It's kind of frustrating that over the past two seasons we have spent a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th rounder on wideouts (not to mention the money spent) and the position STILL looks like a complete disaster at the moment. I can't think of a single team whose passing weapons I would NOT take over ours. You can even add another 2nd to that list if you change "wideouts" to "offensive playmakers". The draft is too important to waste that kind of capital. Hopefully, we'll see Richardson and/or Norwood step up soon.

There's a few WR corps like the Raiders that are worse imo, but can't say PC&JS didn't try lol to upgrade.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2oz3rgkd said:
All I know, if the first play of the STL game is a jet sweep to Richardson, I am going to laugh my ass off.

Scott.. this is insulting.

We all know it will be a handoff to Walters in the gun.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Rat":2ka6bjqy said:
It's kind of frustrating that over the past two seasons we have spent a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th rounder on wideouts (not to mention the money spent) and the position STILL looks like a complete disaster at the moment. I can't think of a single team whose passing weapons I would NOT take over ours. You can even add another 2nd to that list if you change "wideouts" to "offensive playmakers". The draft is too important to waste that kind of capital. Hopefully, we'll see Richardson and/or Norwood step up soon.

Agreed. It is a position where they have shown they are sub par at identifying and developing talent. It is going to really start hurting this team once Marshawn slows down.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Scottemojo":21f6s65y said:
All I know, if the first play of the STL game is a jet sweep to Richardson, I am going to laugh my ass off.

This post made me laugh my ass off

12evanf

Reaction score
My quick thought, Bevell got handed the keys to the offense and pushed to get Percy. Now Pete has just taken the keys away from Bevell.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So just to be clear, Harvin is going to the team with the guy that angrily screamed at his image on TV while leaking information about him using the a wife of one of the players? This will end well.

As for how the Tate attacking started, I think it was pretty clear that when Harvin came in - that was a blow to us keeping Tate. If you recall, I used to relentlessly pillory Harvin...almost like I was getting a commission for each soul I convinced to hate him. But it wasn't that, it was that I feared the addition of Harvin meant the eventual loss of Tate.

The loss of Tate seemed inevitable the moment we got Harvin. Everyone knew it. But the puzzling part was that people thought Harvin would somehow work out here when he never could anywhere else. So it became a fear we would gamble on Harvin, lose and lose Tate because of it. I never realized that maybe Tate was a guy we would be OK with losing anyway.

That clearly happened. And so feeling better about losing Tate is easier when you can find dirt on him. He might be a piece of crap human being but man they miss him on the field. Oh well, spilled milk.

Harvin came in with baggage. He had a reputation. I find it interesting people are shocked he turned into a problem. He turned into a problem EVERYWHERE.

Still, his kickoff return broke the Broncos in the SB and that led to one of the greatest moments in Seattle sports' history. It was worth it. Just a bummer that was the cost we had to pay to get that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
12evanf":cswe576l said:
My quick thought, Bevell got handed the keys to the offense and pushed to get Percy. Now Pete has just taken the keys away from Bevell.

Bevell did not push to get Percy.

Percy was Pete's guy. Ever since Percy was in high school, he was Pete's guy,

keasley45

Reaction score
cant help but wonder whether this might have come down to a harvin vs bevell sitiuation. by all accounts, harvin doesnt seem to be the type to bite his tongue if he feels as though those around him arent 'up to par'. with the love that pete has for bevell, i'm sure he would have had little tolerance for a diva like harvin being openly critical or questioning the OC's game plans or playcalling. if we the fans see the issues and are frustrated with the lack of creativity at times and schematic approach, i find it hard to believe that percy wouldnt have spoken up about it. if not in open confrontation, then certainly among his teammates. ADB blew up this weekend and all but called out bevell for not utilizing the talent on hand. If ADB is blowing up like that on the sideline, i'm sure others were / are frustrated as well. Not excusing it if this was the case or a contributing factor, but cant help but agree to an extent with being upset with bevs when you look around and see the talent on this team and dont see offensive output to match it. but pete is comfortable with bevell and is happy with his performance, so... out with anyone who challenges him. in essense, you challenge bevell, you are also challenging pete, and that aint happen'n.

just wish Pete would expect more from the OC and his offense. its obviously not going to be enough this year for the offense to not lose games. they are going to have to win a few on their own. If the above has any basis in truth, and you get rid of your most talented player (one of the most talented in the league) because he is upset with your OC's lack of ability, then that OC sure as heck better pick it up and turn things around. Steep price to pay otherwise...

will be interesting to see how the other players respond to the news.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88 said:
I am still confused by this........ Man this has put a bad taste in my mouth.[/quotelots of questions for sure.

Win Sunday will help

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
At least the coppers made out on this deal, see?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SeattlePD/status/523230893486649344[/tweet]

YYSTcHV

OrFan

Reaction score
12evanf":nlfsvsi1 said:

Yes, but I'll go a bit different route. He was given the keys to a Ferrari. The thing had a bad misfire so the keys were taken away. Now he has been given the keys to the family pickup and told to get to work.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3k3ug1sz said:
I am still confused by this........ Man this has put a bad taste in my mouth.

More than the loss to Dallas?

Here's a question, man... What did Harvin contribute this year that makes you feel this is a huge loss? Put aside the draft picks and the money for a moment, and tell us what he was doing on the field that we can't overcome now.

pehawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1pa9h5t1 said:
Blitzer88":1pa9h5t1 said:
I am still confused by this........ Man this has put a bad taste in my mouth.

More than the loss to Dallas?

Here's a question, man... What did Harvin contribute this year that makes you feel this is a huge loss? Put aside the draft picks and the money for a moment, and tell us what he was doing on the field that we can't overcome now.

Or, what Prich couldnt replicate in passing game?

drdiags

Reaction score
pehawk":ejetjr77 said:
Sygollism is the "act of Sarc and Roland bickering in random threads". Please note, we're not at the sygollism point yet, for it to come to fruition Roland must answer Sarcs mating call.

Must be getting bored with actively posting again. Pithy is ready to strike you down from the Heavens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts