Breno to Jets

plyka

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1n4n1c4w said:
Dang, not re-sign in any of our own guys is really starting to piss me off.

I'm sure this has been said a million times to these type of posts but...well here is a million and one...

And that's why you're not a superbowl winning GM or head coach.

The Seahawks are currently the BEST, and i do mean the absolute BEST front office in the game. I would put them up there with any other front office that I have ever seen. Why? Because they don't make decisions based off of emotions, they make decisions based on what's best for the team moving forward.

Tate for $6m? Are you INSANE? They resigned their best FA by a large margin for the best deal I have seen in this free agency period in Michael Bennett. They resigned the 2nd best free agent in Anthony Mcdaniel for 2 years at 6.3million --what a freakin deal for the monster of a man! Who have they lost? They willingly gave up Rice/Clem/Red/Miller(most likely). They didn't resign a guy that wouldn't have made sense even for 3-4m per year in Tate.

j hawk

Reaction score
I agree with you purple , just get Bitonio and another youngster for the OL and we are good to go.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
McGruff":2lxp1ghn said:
getnasty":2lxp1ghn said:
Hopefully Bailey is the guy at RT, Bowie was horrible there last year.

Disagree. Bowie started horribly, got better every start, and by the time Breno returned I thought he was playing better than Breno.

Agreed 100%

TXHawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2w2a9y2d said:
OK

NOW IT HURTS...Like I just had my genitals dragged across gravel...

Is there a plan...?

Wow. Breno is league average, at best. I'd hate to see what losing a truly elite player would feel like to you.

The plan is to not overspend on players who can be replaced by younger and cheaper players in order to have money to pay guys like Sherman, Thomas, and Wilson when the time comes. We got Breno off of Green Bay's practice squad so its not as if he's a rare talent. And the Hawks' OL was dreadful most of the season so there's nowhere to go but up by bringing in new players via the draft and free agency to be coached up by Cable and compete for jobs with guys like Bailey and Bowie.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
getnasty":24e48gwx said:
Hopefully Bailey is the guy at RT, Bowie was horrible there last year.

I actually agree with you because I like Bailey better, but remember that Bowie was a 7th round rookie last year so growing pains are to be expected. It was nice we gave him all that playing time and still won a Super Bowl.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
TXHawk":3m6rg3rt said:
Grahamhawker":3m6rg3rt said:
OK

NOW IT HURTS...Like I just had my genitals dragged across gravel...

Is there a plan...?

Wow. Breno is league average, at best. I'd hate to see what losing a truly elite player would feel like to you.

The plan is to not overspend on players who can be replaced by younger and cheaper players in order to have money to pay guys like Sherman, Thomas, and Wilson when the time comes. We got Breno off of Green Bay's practice squad so its not as if he's a rare talent. And the Hawks' OL was dreadful most of the season so there's nowhere to go but up by bringing in new players via the draft and free agency to be coached up by Cable and compete for jobs with guys like Bailey and Bowie.

I admitted it was a gross over-reaction (Hey, it was my turn). Breno has been one of my favorite Hawks since we signed him-I don't know if it was his attitude, his "bull in the china shop" approach, his perceived thuggishness or what. I realize he's fully replaceable. But I think his attitude at least will be missed.

Anxious to see what the contract looks like; I'm sure the Jets overpaid...

CPHawk

Reaction score
Every guy we have lost, are either older and close to the end, or really overrated by the fans. cough cough Tate. Breno was an ok OL, but be honest he made a ton of mistakes in his time here, and was a drive killer throughout his time. We haven't lost one player that we can't replace, none are pro bowl quality guys, and JS and Pete have shown they can find good players.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Rotoworld...

Jets signed RT Breno Giacomini, formerly of the Seahawks.
A very limited talent, 28-year-old Giacomini has forged a career as a starter with sheer determination and physicality.
He's a brawling blocker, and will take the place of Austin Howard in New York.
We wouldn't call it a big downgrade, but it's certainly not an upgrade, either.
The Seahawks essentially made no attempt to retain Giacomini.
He's a rather uninspiring addition for Gang Green.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CPHawk":3jqf0n3r said:
Every guy we have lost, are either older and close to the end, or really overrated by the fans. cough cough Tate. Breno was an ok OL, but be honest he made a ton of mistakes in his time here, and was a drive killer throughout his time. We haven't lost one player that we can't replace, none are pro bowl quality guys, and JS and Pete have shown they can find good players.

Yeah most of us on here have our perspective skewed because we have lost some of the biggest names on our free agent list.

But we have ignored the fact that none of these names are a part of the Seahawks' core (except maybe Bennett, who we kept). These are the biggest names on the free agent list, but none of these are the biggest names on the Seahawks team.

All the most important guys are still here, under contract for at least one more year.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Thanks for your time, but this is one of the moves I'm happy about, next man up.

evergreen

Reaction score
HawkFan72":aojc6u6o said:
Marshawn Lynch is crying.
We're perfectly all right. This is the plan when the big contracts come due. Only elite players get signed. There's always competing talent coming along. There are only a handful or so players you can bank on being around for a while. Hang on to your 81 jerseys! Think how long Lynch has been here. His time will come to an end soon too. You can be sentimental, but not Pete and john. No way! I trust these guys. They wouldn't have let Hutch walk and keep Alexander instead. I think we get better talent out of the draft per ranking than any team in our division too! The 9ers are having the same problems too.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
McGruff":1mpwmhnf said:
This is one I am actually thankful for. I know the jury is out on Bailey and Bowie, but I thought both showed more than enough to gamble on their upside in 2014.
Gambling on their upside is risking Russell's back side.