Breno to Jets

Blitzer88

Reaction score
drdiags":39u4b65u said:
For those asking why the team isn't signing back all these players, tell me how you pay them what they got on the open market and keep from cutting everybody. The FO signed Bennett, did you not want that to happen? The team had a number for Tate, he chose a better deal in an offense he rather play in. Maragos was asked to take a cut last year or take a hike. Do you really think he wanted back here or that the FO wanted to give him a decent contract?

Schofield - want to pay him 8M for 2 years?
McDonald - 12M for 4 years, match that one?
Breno - He was making $3.5M last year, I doubt he takes a reduction in pay so do you pay him $4M+
Big Red - Due $8.5M, do you keep him and lose Bennett?
Clemons - 7.5M - keep him at whose expense?
Rice - I doubt anyone is bellyaching about his release, but Blitzer88. What say you?

I am not sure what you guys want to do. There was $2.5M residual cap at the beginning of the new NFL year, and the increase cap would not have allowed you to keep the players at their current levels. So who gets to stay out of the above group?

I am more worried about the fact that we seemingly haven't really made any attempts to replace the guys we have lost. Yeah, I knew we wouls lose some guys, but can the go bring in someone to start filling the voids. I mean the draft can't fill them all. Although I definitely today about losing golden. He was Russells favorite WR.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Blitzer88":12z755z9 said:
drdiags":12z755z9 said:
For those asking why the team isn't signing back all these players, tell me how you pay them what they got on the open market and keep from cutting everybody. The FO signed Bennett, did you not want that to happen? The team had a number for Tate, he chose a better deal in an offense he rather play in. Maragos was asked to take a cut last year or take a hike. Do you really think he wanted back here or that the FO wanted to give him a decent contract?

Breno - He was making $3.5M last year, I doubt he takes a reduction in pay so do you pay him $4M+
Rice - I doubt anyone is bellyaching about his release, but Blitzer88. What say you?

I am not sure what you guys want to do. There was $2.5M residual cap at the beginning of the new NFL year, and the increase cap would not have allowed you to keep the players at their current levels. So who gets to stay out of the above group?

I am more worried about the fact that we seemingly haven't really made any attempts to replace the guys we have lost. Yeah, I knew we wouls lose some guys, but can the go bring in someone to start filling the voids. I mean the draft can't fill them all. Although I definitely today about losing golden. He was Russells favorite WR.

Do we have a game soon that I don't know about?

scakfan

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":38zebp1h said:
Breno, while his fiestyness was amusing at times, is utterly replaceable. I have the utmost faith in Pete and John; they have a plan and so far it's worked. Can't wait to see all the compensory picks we get this year.

You mean compensatory pics NEXT year.

brettb3

Reaction score
Blitzer88":6cjdyvg0 said:
drdiags":6cjdyvg0 said:

Rather than filling the voids, Schneider is going to leave us with a 43 man roster next year in order to even the playing field. After all, it's only fair. :sarcasm_off:

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I appreciate all Breno has done. He's solid starter that's earned his playing time. Having said that, this is one position I'm confident we are going to upgrade. If we sort out LG our offensive line could see the biggest improvement next year.

scakfan

Reaction score
I have seen Breno's number stated at 3.5 mil but in actuality his salary was 4.25 mil with a 4.75 mil cap in 2013. He was not worth resigning for anything near that number.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":2mk8j7pv said:
Grahamhawker":2mk8j7pv said:
OK

NOW IT HURTS...Like I just had my genitals dragged across gravel...

Is there a plan...?

Here's a plan . . . stop dragging your genitals across the gravel.

That's weird. Just stop it.

Yes! Start dragging the across hot coals!

Edit: this is a good thing because of Breno's knee. His availability throughout a season would be in doubt so now we can focus on starting a right tackle that will be there game in and game out.

themunn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2kh7drxr said:
Blitzer88":2kh7drxr said:
Laloosh":2kh7drxr said:
Blitzer88":2kh7drxr said:
Dang, not re-sign in any of our own guys is really starting to piss me off.

I'm not going to lie, Blitzer... You're handling this a lot better than I expected.

Trust I am a wreck inside. I think today has been a major step back for us.

Who have we lost that is irreplaceable?

Honest question

There is nobody in the league that is irreplaceable, however, there are a lot of guys that are difficult to replace. I think Tate is one of those guys, but of the others we lost, probably none.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I'm going to miss his guaranteed, one-a-game, 15 yard personal foul penalties. It was fun :)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
drdiags":35w7925m said:

Not to mention the perception we "lost" on these guys...

We cut (meaning we got rid of, we let them go, we found they werent worth it, we broke up with them) 3 players and made little to no attempt to sign the others.

Tate may have been the biggest loss. We can beat ourselves up over that. But he wasnt worth the dollar amount he got from Detroit to us.

All this hand wringing is understandable, just unwarranted

A

Anonymous

I'm looking at it in a positive light: 15 less penalty yards per game.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The folks knocking Breno sound like Niner fans. Get a grip. He struggled when he was new but only improved as time went by and by the end he was the one drawing personnel fouls rather the getting called for them.

Am I upset he is moving on? No, his nasty streak will be missed but his overall play is not irreplacable. That is not to say it was poor but it wasn't ptobowl caliber either.

These are the guys we are constantly going to be replacing because the alternative is to overspend to keep them and the cap forces you to choose between that and keeping your core guys.

We could do what Denver is an sell our future for a chance to win another but Wilson isn't on his last legs and our future looks extremely bright if we are able to keep our core while replacing the others.

I think the only real argument would be if you believe we have allowed core players to leave. I don't believe that is the case.

We should be thanking these guys for helping us get our first trophy and wishing them the best. Everyone of them bought in and none were TJ Housh type players. They made midtakes from time to time but weren't probowlers so it should be understandable. They gave us thier very best and it was g ood enough. Some things will be missed but overall we are in grest shape moving forward.

drdiags

Reaction score
Here is the numbers from Breno's contract in case some wondered and hadn't seen them

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN · 1h
Jets right tackle Breno Giacomini's deal, per source: 4 years, max value of $19.25 million with $7M fully guaranteed. $3.5 up front. #nyj

So close to $5M year, if he finishes the contract, otherwise twice his $3.5M salary last year, guaranteed.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sad to see him go. I don't expect my RT to perform like an LT, and Breno was one of those guys you knew would put a foot onto the other team's throat. Big Russian, I'm gonna miss you.

Jville

Reaction score
drdiags":3cu9ep3c said:
Here is the numbers from Breno's contract in case some wondered and hadn't seen them

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN · 1h
Jets right tackle Breno Giacomini's deal, per source: 4 years, max value of $19.25 million with $7M fully guaranteed. $3.5 up front. #nyj

So close to $5M year, if he finishes the contract, otherwise twice his $3.5M salary last year, guaranteed.

Thanks ... It is essentially a two year contract with built in 3rd and 4th year options ...... cap number is $2.625 million in 2014 and $5.125 for years 2,3 & 4. ..... here is a link to the details as presented by over-the-cap >>> [urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Breno%20Giacomini&Position=RT&Team=Jets[/urltargetblank]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I loved his brawler mentality and thought he got better and keep the penalites in check this year...the 15 yarders anyway. And he managed to goad others to take them (I think we got a key first down in the reg. season win over San Fran).

But we can probably find a decent replacement there. The line was an area we needed to get better that might be masked due to the Super Bowl win.
Hypothetically consider this ugly possibility. The Niners score the TD late or something else happens and the Hawks lose the NFC championship. Are we happy right now if the team decides to re-sign Breno and go status quo on the o-line or are we wanting upgrades?