Breno

kearly

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1h01v2tt said:
Atradees":1h01v2tt said:
Accourding KFFL Miami is kicking his tires.

Do we keep em or do we have a guy in the wings?

Bailey and Bowie are both legitimate options at a much cheaper price point than Giacomini.

They sure didn't look like it last season. Bowie was atrocious in pass pro. I kinda like Bowie but he is not ready.

I think they view Bailey as a guard anyway. Though that can always change.

Whether they keep Giacomini or not, I'd be pretty upset if we rolled into week 1 2014 with Bowie at RT. Why risk a SB season, and Wilson's health, to save a few million?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not sure Miami can afford to pay him a lot either. They just over paid Branden Albert almost 10 mil/year.

GCrow

Reaction score
With regards to Bowie, I personally hope he fills that LG position (or Bailey). Liked him there.

two dog

Reaction score
Breno's a bad dude and I like bad dudes on our offensive line.

Attitude, real attitude is not something you can pretend.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hate to see Breno go. No way can any of the backups even carry his jock right now.

"3 yards and a pile of bodies"; that's Breno...

Maxman186

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 34s
Jets making strong push to sign Seahawks free-agent OT Breno Giacomini, who's on his way to visit team Wednesday.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I am pretty sure we will not re-sign Breno but offensive line and WR are our biggest holes right now.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
And with the 32nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select OT Joel Bitonio from the University of Nevada.

I'd love to keep Breno around but we have to cut our losses here and there and can't afford to pay everyone. Keeping him for about $5mil per year is pushing it and the run on OL this FA he's going to get at least that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think Bailey fits the mauler profile that Seattle likes at RT. He is a better fit for LG/LT where they value better protection IMO.

Bowie was okay in some games at RT and just straight abused in others. He is promising, but RIGHT NOW, he isn't close to Breno's level...

If we lose Breno, I have to imagine we sign a bargain Tackle to fill out the roster and go high at OT in the draft -- #32 high.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
We should lock up Breno now. Okung was (when healthy) our most solid offensive lineman last season and IMO Breno was second. Not saying he's a world beater but their are other bigger concerns on this line! And I dont believe we have the pieces in place to backfill at the moment. Carp, Unger and McQ are marked men though.

drdiags

Reaction score
McQ is a FA, he has to be re-signed to become a marked man.

From NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

Browner, Brandon
Clark, Arceto
Davis, Kellen
Giacomini, Breno
Hauschka, Steven
Jackson, Tarvaris
Maragos, Chris
McDaniel, Tony
McQuistan, Paul
Robinson, Michael
Spitz, Jason
Tate, Golden
Thurmond, Walter
Walters, Bryan

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Of course this is just my opinion, but I think PC may be more intrigued with Bailey at a tackle position (RT of course) than many posters here believe should Breno leave for lotsa greener pastures.

rcaido

Reaction score
Our O-line was probably the worst in the NFL. Bowie had 1 good game the rest of the time he seem rather lazy or just not talented enough...McQuistan look like a high school kid trying to block All Pros it was painful to watch. i held my breath for Wilson in every play, our focus is to protect Wilson. Okung & Breno got it done. Breno is must signing more important then getting another pass rusher or resigning Tate. We need better Guards although Bailey look promising & a new center.

sam1313

Reaction score
while breno was much better the latter part of the season, there were times last year when i wanted to toss him off the starting line. I don't think our drop off is that bad, but I would strongly prefer we get a couple more OL in the draft this year..

nwgamer

Reaction score
Why do people think we need to replace Unger?? I don't get it. The guy was an all-pro in 12' and played through injury most of last season. Quality centers don't grow on trees.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":22bnh74o said:
Jets may do whatever it takes to get him now that they have a hole at RT.

Yeah and they haven't spent much in FA with a bit of cap space. I expect them to sign Breno to fill the void Howard left.

Latest posts