Breshad Perriman -- Seahawk dark horse pick?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Not being able to compete at the combine will drop his draft status and raise even more questions about his limitations. Doubt he gets picked in the 1st Rd now.

He certainly is intriguing however.

titan3131

Reaction score
what are you talking about i cant find anything about him not being able to compete at the combine?

do you mean todd gurley?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Apparently Periman has a strained hamstring and will not be doing drills at he combine.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3ljnw40o said:
Apparently Periman has a strained hamstring and will not be doing drills at he combine.

Good. Maybe that pushes him down to 63.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Smart move, now while everybody else is judged from their combines, Perriman will have some biased pro day numbers for comparison.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Possibly, but it could work against him as well. He's rolling the dice for a great Pro Day when the buzz upward could continue if he ran well/caught well at the combine. The value of competing is not to be underestimated at this stage of the selection process.

If he's really as good as some have indicated he possibly won't get picked in 1st rd b/c of the miss on the combine even if his Pro Day is solid as he is borderline 1st rd pick. This could as mentioned work to the Hawks advantage if they're interested.

hawksurething

Reaction score
Athletic yes. Horrible WR though. Hands can't be fixed often.

Plus he rarely comes back to the ball which is a sure sign of a bust!

Only good WRs in the draft that can demand a double team are... Cooper,white,parker,strong,& Beckham.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksurething":12umsril said:

Only good WRs in the draft that can demand a double team are... Cooper,white,parker,strong,& Beckham.

Amazing that you're taking time to post on Seahawks.net in the middle of scouting these WR's for an NFL front office.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawksurething":rgl6zhjm said:

But Cooper is only 6'1 with only a 33" inch vert. He's nothing more than a #5 WR

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3916xcsr said:
TeamoftheCentury":3916xcsr said:
seahawkfreak":3916xcsr said:
Highlight film is impressive. Knock might be his quality of his opponents, playing for UCF and all
(Disclaimer: No, I'm not a UCF alum or fan... though, I've been starting to follow the team the last few years since I live just a few miles from the campus.)

You mean the NCAA Division I football program that went 12-1 in 2013 beating #8 Louisville and thrashing #6 Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl? You mean the NCAA Division I football program that went 9-4 in 2014 (without Blake Bortles) with two respectable close losses to Penn St and NC State in games where they were battling to the end? (They got beat pretty good @ Missouri in week 2 after traveling to Dublin, Ireland to play Penn St., but that's major college football for ya.) You mean the NCAA Division I football program that has been called an awakened sleeping giant in one of the hotbeds of college football recruiting?

http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/UCF ... 927908.php

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... ke-bortles

http://today.ucf.edu/football-ucf-10-final-ap-poll/

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... rida-state

UCF "and all" seems like a comment made in yesteryear. UCF is a respectable program that plays a full schedule of other respectable NCAA Div I programs. No teams schedule has Alabama scheduled as their opponent week after week. There will be a mix of opponents. Sometimes seemingly weaker opponents are no such thing. So, I don't understand why you would make such a flippant comment. If you didn't mean it that way, there are several other ways you could have worded it. :Dunno:
Sure but the teams you listed that are ranked are offensive powerhouses. I don't real care enough to do the research but I would question if he's gone against any top CBs. If so good for him. I just don't see it ,,playing at UCF. I do agree with you that the program itself is respectable.
You can read what I wrote and I don't think I've said much about Perriman. Only that his Dad played in the NFL. My comments were singularly about your passing comment about the program. I respect that you've seemingly softened on that upon further review.

Onto the actual player:
My take on watching him somewhat closely is that he's improved each year. I think he's pretty good running slant patterns and plays with some toughness over the middle. He's a prospect worth a draft pick, but I would value him somewhere more around the late 2nd or early 3rd. Might be a poor man's Kelvin Benjamin. Maybe not a high draft pick, though. I think there's going to be a lot of assessment and talk between now and the draft. Projections can change.

In terms of the talent of the specific CB's, even top tier WR's don't compile stats constantly against the best college football has to offer. Perriman has faced DB's from teams that have had and have DB's in draft consideration. UCF has faced major college programs. I'm sure the scouts will look at those specifics. But, It only takes one team to take a chance on you. There's more to it than actual stats. Blocking, missed QB opportunities, potential playing with Pro's given the player's talent, etc.

The Seahawks tend to take guys that are projected lower in the draft and JS says he doesn't care where others think players should be drafted. So, whether it's Perriman or some other player... they're going to draft their guy. (I wished they would have taken Moncrief last year, but they went with PR. Hopefully he can come back from the injuries. I think Moncrief or even Martavis Bryant would have been interesting additions for this offense.) Anyway, I guess it wouldn't surprise me if they drafted him in the 1st round. But, I don't think that's the best direction at that point in the draft.

hawksurething

Reaction score
STAY AWAY FROM PERRIMAN in the 1st round.

DUDE CAN'T Catch consistently.

Even worst he doesn't work back to the ball at times. It don't matter how big & fast you are if you drop so many balls & let the ball beat you up.

Hands is the one thing that can't be taught,a WRs must learn it from within. Hand eye corrdination,timing,etc... Maybe he has bad eyesight like Troy Williamson ??? Hard to say cause he has made some great catches.

Either way he is a no pick for the hawks in the 1st. Hawks are done missing on WR. They will go with the top 6 WRs in the draft, instead of maybe WRs who double catches & drops alot of easy balls!

Watch him burn easy & decent comp & make a few great catches like kearse. This shows some if his good stuff,not his lowlights though. Hehe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0qBVVND-U

Ok WR,just not great simply because his hands are inconsistent. If he had great hands he would be amazing .

Now maybe he gets picked 2-3 round after hawks get their surer WR :)

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1w9ydm1r said:
Well now that clown shoes has spoken, I want him more than ever.

I'm not so sure this guy isn't John Schneider. hawksurething - initials HST, John Schneider studied History at you guessed it, St. Thomas. Both are extremely good WR evaluators too. Just think about it, let it sink in.

post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

Ozzy

Reaction score
As hawkssurething goes I go. I hope we stay far away from Perriman.

Throwdown that was pretty funny though, I have to give you that.

hawksurething

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":de0x4qy5 said:
Throwdown":de0x4qy5 said:
Well now that clown shoes has spoken, I want him more than ever.

I'm not so sure this guy isn't John Schneider. hawksurething - initials HST, John Schneider studied History at you guessed it, St. Thomas. Both are extremely good WR evaluators too. Just think about it, let it sink in.

post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

Funny throwdown...clownshoes. Lmao.

Anyways I'm not Schneider or hawks would have had Alshon Jeffreys, Kennan Allen or Terrance Williams, Odell Beckham or Benjamin, & Jordan Matthews. Plus Marshall or Andre Johnson.

And a killer O-line too !

RB Jeremy hill & crowell

TE Travis kelece.

D-line would be great. But I like what he has done.

He picks way better LBs than I ever could ! :)

And I love his secondary! I could not do any better with those low picks. :)

kearly

Reaction score
Seems Seahawky to me. Seattle has an affinity for WRs who make plays yet don't make it look easy in the process. Golden Tate, Jermaine Kearse, Kevin Norwood, etc.

Sucks that there isn't really a true "power forward" type of WR in this draft that's considered a great prospect. Every great point guard needs a great power forward to compliment him. Russell Wilson is the NFL's version of Tony Parker, we need to get him the NFL's version of Tim Duncan to pass to.

As much as I hated the Chris Harper pick, I respect the team's desire to get a Boldin type. We have sorely lacked that physical WR ever since BMW was let go.

titan3131

Reaction score
"UCF WR Breshad Perriman had a drop rate of 12.96% in 2014, according to PFF.
That is terrible. The sample size might be smaller than others, as Perriman dropped seven of 54 catchable passes, but PFF has a tendency to side with the receiver on what exactly is "catchable." Perriman would have generated more buzz if he worked out at the Combine and still has a shot at being a late first-round selection, but very poor drop rates tend to carry over to the NFL - at least early on."

also

"UCF WR Breshad Perriman clocked a sensational forty between 4.19 and 4.27, depending on the watch, at the school's pro day, according to NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt.
That is huffing it for a 6-foot-1 3/4, 212-pounder. Officially, the time is being reported as between 4.24 and 4.27. New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert were amongst those taking in the workout. Perriman added a 36 1/2-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-7 broad jump and 18 reps on the bench press. Perriman (32-inch arms and 9 5/8-inch hands) "caught the ball better than expected during his positional workout," Brandt reported. "Some people thought that he didn't have very good hands, but you didn't see that today in his workout. He also showed very good change-of-direction skills. The knock on Perriman is that he is not the hardest-working player, but he helped himself a lot at UCF's pro day and should be a low first-round to high second-round draft choice.""

Who had the super bad drop rate coming out of the draft last year? O yeah kelvin Benjamin how did he do again?

On his film he scream YAC MONSTER! And it makes sense with how fast he is He always gets open.

This guy will be a star BOOK IT.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":3090qz7r said:
Who had the super bad drop rate coming out of the draft last year? O yeah kelvin Benjamin how did he do again?

Good point. Although to be fair, Benjamin really did struggle late in the year with consistency catching the ball. He came out of the gate hot. But his drops did become a factor as the season went on. Particularly amongst Panthers fans that watched every game throughout the year.

Personally, I don't think he's a natural ball catcher. He can make instinctive, great catches. But seems to second guess himself on balls directed into his body or where he has to make a choice on how to catch a ball. He is fantastic at getting open. Very underrated in that respect. But it really seems like he has a confidence issue with the act of catching the ball. That is a skill that is generally kind of a 50-50 thing whether it can be improved with work. There are instances of players overcoming it. But there are many more where they never get over it.

titan3131

Reaction score
I read all your comments on seahawks draft blog article about perriman. Again appreciate your insight and opinion.

I agree he is raw-ish but he is far and above DGB IMO the main difference is his routes. And as far as I understand the route running is the hardest part for new recievers, I hope he can make an immediate impact having a amazing deep ball thrower as a QB.

I see this guy as the Sidney rice 2.0 with more yac ability and separation.