Breshad Perriman -- Seahawk dark horse pick?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
No longer a "dark horse" pick for anyone. With that 4.24 and 4.27, he's a legit pick for anyone 1st or 2nd round. If he happens to slide to the 3rd (won't happen), STEAL of the draft. Doubt that he will be there at the end of the 2nd round, so can't see him being a Hawk after his successful Pro day. Congratulations to the young man.

McGruff

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Back in February Perriman was considered by most to be a reach in the 4th round. Now he's considered a potential 1st rounder.

Between then and now exactly ZERO meaningful football has been played.

Typically when this happens one of two things is going on. Either A) teams have always been high on the prospect and the media is just catching up, or B) the prospect is being overhyped based on the spring spandex olympics.

Unfortunately we won't ever really know the answer . . .

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":2n6wqhjd said:
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Back in February Perriman was considered by most to be a reach in the 4th round. Now he's considered a potential 1st rounder.

Between then and now exactly ZERO meaningful football has been played.

Typically when this happens one of two things is going on. Either A) teams have always been high on the prospect and the media is just catching up, or B) the prospect is being overhyped based on the spring spandex olympics.

Unfortunately we won't ever really know the answer . . .
The media is often left scratching their collective heads on draft day. Beli3ve it. In the words of JS, "We don't care what the media thinks."

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":10afrc89 said:

I don't know about that. I'm sure CBSDraft had him that low. Pre combine, I think in these parts, he was considered a fringe first round talent who we may be able to move back into the late 30s to still acquire.

Rob had serious questions about his drops. I generally don't see drops as a huge predictive stat. The sample size is generally small, and the quality of QB play greatly amplifies the difficulty of catches. I like to see how they catch balls (or drop them) and judge in context.

From a draft perspective, I felt he was a possible 25-45 kind of pick before the combine. The pro day will add buzz. But that is topical and will subside over the following weeks. Fans like to chase the new shiny. Perriman has very good elements to his game. For a WR who is 6'2", he really doesn't play on tape like a big WR at all. I can't tell if that's good or bad really. He gets open very cleanly -- which is good even if he were a shifty 5'11" kind of WR. His length isn't great, but yet displays a very good catch radius by way of snaring errant passes away from his body.

If we're looking for a red zone mismatch kind of WR, I don't necessarily see Perriman as providing that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Some team will now get excited over his very uber fast pro day times. He might now just become a 1st Rd pick.