Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ducks41468":35cag2jn said:
Maelstrom787":35cag2jn said:
John63":35cag2jn said:
sdog1981":35cag2jn said:
Seahawks official Twitter

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1349146198863605761[/tweet]

Shotty may have been a lot of things, he was however one of the best Redzone play-callers in the NFL. During his three years with the team, his red-zone TD% was 66% and 73% in the 2020 season which was 3rd in the NFL.

During the glory years, Bevell had a TD% of 53%.

Well at least the Seahawks offense will look different, I just hope they will score TDs and not FGs when they make it to the Redzone.

LOl le tme help you how it will look

run, run, run, punt for 3 qtrs. Wilson save us for 1 and when he can't its all his fault. Remember PC just said in an interview he wants to run more, and play close games. More dominoes will be falling.

We both love Wilson, but come on. He clearly struggles in the short game and always has. A robust rushing attack does nothing but open Wilson up to play to his strength, which is his amazing command of the intermediate and deep passing attack.

Getting better at running the ball HELPS Wilson. We don't know how run heavy Seattle will end up being, and there's obviously proof that they're capable of adapting based on the complete philosophy shift we saw this season.

Where is the running attack going to come from with the players we have returning and the lack of draft capital? Either this next guy will be an absolute genius (less than 2% chance), or we'll just be pounding it up the middle for 3 yards a carry 30+ times a game (98% chance)

In 2020, they averaged 4.8 yards a carry team-wide. We'll see what happens to the RB room, but it's not like they straight up can't rush the ball. It'll be critical to keeping the chains moving, making third downs more manageable, and counteracting the previously-crippling 2-high looks that they couldn't move the ball against.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Wow after yesterday’s PC I didn’t think there’d be any changes. Apparently they met last night and had fundamental differences in philosophy going forward.

I’m happy because I never thought he’s a good OC but also worried Pete is gonna hire someone to run an offense from 1970.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Could we get a new QB coach while we're at it? Why is Austin Davis the QB coach?

ducks41468

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":38e8zk5v said:
Media pundits seem to be rolling with speculation that two Chargers assistants are in the mix: Pep Hamilton and Shane Steichen.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1349150950708162562[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1349148339766521861[/tweet]

Given that the Chargers were third to last in YPC this past year while being top 10 in attempts (aka the least efficient rushing attack in the league) makes this a fitting move.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2msi11zh said:
I'm expecting his replacement to be Dave Canales, currently on staff. Either that, or Pete wants to go with someone who has a creative rushing attack.

I agree with this. Canales has been moving up the coaching staff the past couple seasons.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
When will fans realize coordinators in Seattle mean nothing. Pete runs the show and wants yes men.

There’s nobody imaginative coming in. Expect More of the same. Not what I want but after ten years how can anyone see it any other way?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Yes, I’m curious to see how this all shook out. Either he decided that he wasn’t going to follow Pete’s plan or they are going in another direction. Half the problem with this team is Pete Carroll. His coordinators are forced to follow his plan as it is mentioned when he overrode schottenheimer’s call on fourth and one which led to a delay of game and forth and six on Saturday night. Pete loves complete control which is not the definition of a real head coach. We don’t need yes-man anymore we need someone who’s going to challenge him. I will be curious to see how this shakes out.

ducks41468

Reaction score
hugecanoli":7bfcfbyb said:
When will fans realize coordinators in Seattle mean nothing. Pete runs the show and wants yes men.

There’s nobody imaginative coming in. Expect More of the same. Not what I want but after ten years how can anyone see it any other way?

This. It will always be the same inefficient, low-outcome offense. The only difference is that now we'll shift back to focusing on running between the tackles for 2 yards a carry rather than throwing incomplete passes on 40 yard sideline bombs.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Something major obviously needed to change. As I remember, fans weren't excited about Schotty's hiring in the first place, saying it was unimaginative and that his record wasn't great, and the results were commensurate with that analysis. Let's hope Pete learns from that, and hires someone who will push the envelope, rather than wrap himself in it.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Something I heard on a podcast that might have been after the Giants loss was that traditionally Shotti's passing schemes were the deep shots we were seeing, However he hadn't shown the route concepts that were cover 2 beaters in his schemes. That theory fits with how the offence could not adapt

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
So, Schotty got fired for listening to PC the last half of the season? LOL

They we’re probably worried about losing the locker room so PC had to duck blame somehow.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":21idwk7l said:
So, Schotty got fired for listening to PC the last half of the season? LOL

They we’re probably worried about losing the locker room so PC had to duck blame somehow.

Ummm, correct.

hoxrox

Reaction score
WarHawks":1xvtddkf said:
Something major obviously needed to change. As I remember, fans weren't excited about Schotty's hiring in the first place, saying it was unimaginative and that his record wasn't great, and the results were commensurate with that analysis. Let's hope Pete learns from that, and hires someone who will push the envelope, rather than wrap himself in it.

I'm happy with this move, and will give Pete the benefit of the doubt.

In the post season presser, Pete said he wanted more efficient passing too.... 70%+... not just what the media quoted about running it more...

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1a8pckrs said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1349152734142889984[/tweet]

I think I support this. Future head coach?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Heads had to roll after that performance.

Pete isn't getting fired, Russ isn't going to be released, so.....

James in PA

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread: after watching Pete’s presser, I was NOT under impression that Schotty would definitely be back. I’m not sure how the story about him returning got started. When the reporter asked Pete to confirm if his coordinators will be back, Pete said, “I don’t talk about stuff like that. It would be disrespectful for me to answer those questions. We’re going to figure out what we need to do to get better.”

That was definitely Pete talk for he’s gone. Good. Change was needed. Had the entire 2nd half of the season to figure it out and was unable to.

Latest posts