Crizilla

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1a4huxcj said:
Where is all this Defilippo hype from?

They just won the super bowl and led the NFC in offense

But it was mainly because of Doug Pederson not Defilippo

Mojambo

Reaction score
Honestly, he could be third on the Eagles offensive credit train behind Pederson and Reich.

The hype behind that guy is about as out of control as it gets. He's proven NOTHING.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crizilla":32h4koht said:
Trrrroy":32h4koht said:

It's both.

Pederson and Defilippo have installed a dynamic creative offensive scheme for the Eagles...........and we saw it in full display in the SB.

Against a team btw that is practically impossible to trick and misdirect, especially in game.

So not hard to believe that Defilippo is a hot commodity right now.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
You'd have to think it was more Pederson and Reich than Defillipo. I'm sure he's involved, but he's not the OC and he's not calling plays.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wms32yx said:
Crizilla":1wms32yx said:
Trrrroy":1wms32yx said:

It's both.

Pederson and Defilippo have installed a dynamic creative offensive scheme for the Eagles...........and we saw it in full display in the SB.

Against a team btw that is practically impossible to trick and misdirect, especially in game.

So not hard to believe that Defilippo is a hot commodity right now.

Throw in Cris Collinsworth, who starts foaming at the mouth about "great play-calling" whenever a QB completes a pass. I swear, outside of Romo, color commentators are the worst thing about the game right now.

mistaowen

Reaction score
NJlargent":398erplh said:
Where did all the Schottenheimer hype come from?

He led the Toronto Bears to a 24-10 record last year. Put a guy through a table when he dropped a pass and then chugged Dr. Pepper.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":2dl03w3k said:
Maybe DeFilippo saw our OL and the regression and decided he would wait for another team. Not that I would choose the Vikings with the QB situation.

You make it sound like he spurned the Hawks. Do we even know if the Hawks were interested and even contacted him?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And sometimes you can't just wait around. The fans have no idea if the Hawks attempted to contact them. A bunch of other teams passed on the guy. But if the Hawks do it, somehow that means they are clueless :roll:

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
All these comments mean nothing right now. We hired Schotty , they hired DeFilippo. The season hasn't even started , let's give him a chance to prove himself. First of all , let's hope that all our players we'll be healthy and good things are ahead of us. (I'm not concerned about OC issue , but more like our RB issue + cap space issue)

NJlargent

Reaction score
Seanhawk":ua5u9vvm said:
NJlargent":ua5u9vvm said:
Maybe DeFilippo saw our OL and the regression and decided he would wait for another team. Not that I would choose the Vikings with the QB situation.

You make it sound like he spurned the Hawks. Do we even know if the Hawks were interested and even contacted him?

We probably did not even contact him. My statement was in response to a post that suggested we made a mistake in taking Schottenheimer over DeFilippo. Now if we could have hired him, then perhaps it was a mistake but who knows.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seanhawk":36hz9ma6 said:
NJlargent":36hz9ma6 said:

I doubt it, Pete likes his coordinators to be yes men, and not so much independent thinkers that don't go with his philosophies and schemes.

I have no idea if Schottenheimer will do well, or not.............but if people think they're going to see some drastic scheme change away from how Bevell called games? Nope, this is Pete's team, Brian's going to playcall how Pete wants him to, just as Bevell did.

My guess is Defilippo would have wanted more autonomy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4nxbssce said:
Seanhawk":4nxbssce said:
NJlargent":4nxbssce said:

I doubt it, Pete likes his coordinators to be yes men, and not so much independent thinkers that don't go with his philosophies and schemes.

I have no idea if Schottenheimer will do well, or not.............but if people think they're going to see some drastic scheme change away from how Bevell called games? Nope, this is Pete's team, Brian's going to playcall how Pete wants him to, just as Bevell did.

LOL, What an imagination.
Where do you guys come up with this "Yes Men" crap? :lol:
You do understand what the word "Coordinator" means, right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":26hlnj71 said:
Sgt. Largent":26hlnj71 said:
Seanhawk":26hlnj71 said:
NJlargent":26hlnj71 said:

Yes, it's an assistant football coach who works with his players, head coach and QB to scheme and playcall. Some coordinators are autonomous and have the full faith of their HC to scheme and playcall, and some are more dependent upon their head coach for direction and philosophy....................THAT'S who Pete hires, thus why 90% of the time he hires within his own coaching tree. Control and familiarity.

Tomorrow we'll discuss how yellow and blue make green.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lko16y6 said:
scutterhawk":3lko16y6 said:
Sgt. Largent":3lko16y6 said:
Seanhawk":3lko16y6 said:

Yes, it's an assistant football coach who works with his players, head coach and QB to scheme and playcall. Some coordinators are autonomous and have the full faith of their HC to scheme and playcall, and some are more dependent upon their head coach for direction and philosophy....................THAT'S who Pete hires, thus why 90% of the time he hires within his own coaching tree. Control and familiarity.

Tomorrow we'll discuss how yellow and blue make green.
Coaching Tree Smoaching Tree, Just saying it's so, doesn't make it so, that's alternative reality.
I'll put it another way, Pete doesn't need his Coaches to GO OFF SCRIPT, his expertise is in Defense, so he relies on his OC's to shape offensive strategies, LEANING HEAVILY on producing a decent Run Game, but that doesn't mean that he's completely relinquishing some say in how he wants his Coordinators to work out the bugs, NOR does it imply that he's a control freak, needing to be surrounded by "Yes Men".

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete dictates what kind of offense he wants, ball control, run heavy, eat chunks of time and then take shots downfield to get a score once they cheat up to stop the run.

He favored the ZBS scheme, our implementation sucked under Cable, doesn't mean the variant won't still be there but with a power aspect to it which we had but for some reason refused to use.

That's what he is going to tell Schotty, what Schotty does to incorporate that mantra is going to be up to him. But he will have to incorporate it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":22jmzzef said:
Coaching Tree Smoaching Tree, Just saying it's so, doesn't make it so, that's alternative reality.
I'll put it another way, Pete doesn't need his Coaches to GO OFF SCRIPT, his expertise is in Defense, so he relies on his OC's to shape offensive strategies, LEANING HEAVILY on producing a decent Run Game, but that doesn't mean that he's completely relinquishing some say in how he wants his Coordinators to work out the bugs, NOR does it imply that he's a control freak, needing to be surrounded by "Yes Men".

We're saying the same thing, it's just that you don't like the phrase "yes man."

What do you think Pete's doing this off season by cleaning his coordinator house and replacing all these guys with either coaches he already knows, or in Schottenheimer's case, a coach Rex Ryan is on record as saying he'd do whatever he wanted him to do?

Pete's taking control back over the entire scheme, on both sides of the ball. Thus "yes man"...........as in run the offense how I want it run.