Brian Schottenheimer

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HansGruber":384iwoq1 said:
If Shotty fails, so does Pete. So I'm not that worried about it. Paul Allen is going to give Pete a chance to shake things up, and run things his way. If it succeeds, then so be it. If it fails, Allen will let Carroll go and start over. So I'm not too worried about it.

I get a pretty big kick out of some of the posters on here, though. You're ready to trash Shotty because you're angry we didn't hire DeFillipo. Thing is, DeFillipo doesn't have a resume either. He's just the flavor of the week.

Reminds me of when we hired Carroll and over half of this forum was seething with anger and calling Paul Allen a fool for not hiring John Gruden. Which is pretty amusing. I never wanted Gruden. He was never that great of a coach in the NFL. But there are a lot of people here who buy whatever they hear on the radio or TV, whatever the flavor of the week is, that's what they want.

I'm glad that Paul Allen knows better, and I'm glad that Carroll doesn't give a crap about fads. I'm confident that we will improve and if we don't, that Paul Allen will take the necessary steps to make sure we do.

It's great being a Seahawks fan.
Your first paragraph brings the point home. :2thumbs:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Blitzer88":26pm1np2 said:
Bevell being interviewed by Cardinals for their open OC position.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
OMG

SRSLY? RLY?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xkkzap21 said:
NFSeahawks628":xkkzap21 said:
Why is there 10 pages on this topic. Give the guy a chance you nutsos.
I suspect that a lot of people are feeling stupid now that it's proven that Bevell's worthless and his next job will probably be at a 7-11, so now they're trying to play Nostradamus; because God forbid we base our opinions on evidence in a new environment when we can just look at past bodies of work and selectively decide his future outcome from the comfort of our chairs.

Right, some people are quite dense.

Don't worry, we'll revisit this thread midseason.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Next year is ALL on Pete. Win or lose. If Cable was the problem, then whose fault was that? Who gave him the titles he had? Same goes for Bevell. Same goes for Shotty. Pete should have made these changes after The Play. He refused and the team has suffered. This is Pete's second chance. Screw it up and bye bye.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1u37mtwp said:
NFSeahawks628":1u37mtwp said:
Why is there 10 pages on this topic. Give the guy a chance you nutsos.
I suspect that a lot of people are feeling stupid now that it's proven that Bevell's worthless and his next job will probably be at a 7-11, so now they're trying to play Nostradamus; because God forbid we base our opinions on evidence in a new environment when we can just look at past bodies of work and selectively decide his future outcome from the comfort of our chairs.

Regardless of how it turns out Bevell needed to go along with Cable....SOMETHING had to change on offense because we werent getting it done and super inconsistent. Cant rely on back yard football with Wilson every game. If it was up to me I would of fired him after the superbowl. Player Morale slowly declined year after year from that one play

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xbqs0zw7 said:
MontanaHawk05":xbqs0zw7 said:
Who wants to tell him that the Eagles used...bubble screens?
Who wants to tell him that they did them in a way that actually worked?

You're eight posts behind this sub-debate, catch up.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ugwal6c3 said:
Scorpion05":ugwal6c3 said:
Look, I don't think there's a fan in here that cares more about being proven right (About Schotty sucking)..than they care about us winning

But, can we at least all come to an agreement that it's really hard to be optimistic about Schotty? Like yea, we hope he does great. We hope he has a career year as a coordinator. We hope Russell throws for 40+ TDs. But if past success is a predictor of future success, can we at least admit there's not much to be optimistic about? That we're all just...Hoping?

That's exactly it. I hope the guy succeeds. I truly do. I WANT to eat crow on this one.

But if we're pointing out facts, it's hard to be optimistic about this guy. He literally has produced NOTHING to hang our hopes on. That's all we're saying.

Yea, at this point I’m going to let this go though. Other fans here are literally calling people dense, stupid, etc. for actually doing research and questioning what Schotty brings to the table. The nerve of us

And you know what? I bet Raiders fans, or ANY other fan base that would have received Tom Cable, would have the EXACT same reaction to Cable. Can we honestly say that Schotty’s track record is better than Cable’s?

By mid-season this will turn into a petty, immature pissing match. If Schotty succeeds, some will pretend as if they knew he would. If Schotty fails, some will create a million threads about it. I wish we could just objectively debate the facts as they stand. And RIGHT NOW, the facts do not give me hope. I have nothing against Schotty as a man, and the last thing I want is another wasted season

Mojambo

Reaction score
Seymour":17vv1tqe said:
SoulfishHawk":17vv1tqe said:
Hasn't coached a down here and he already sucks. Aaaah, gotta' love the positivity on dot net :lol:

I never had Mary Kay Letourneau as a teacher, but that doesn't mean that I didn't know that I would have liked to have "had her". :twisted:

Weird reference to just pull out of the blue. Like, really weird.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mojambo":3vs5zp9g said:
Seymour":3vs5zp9g said:
SoulfishHawk":3vs5zp9g said:
Hasn't coached a down here and he already sucks. Aaaah, gotta' love the positivity on dot net :lol:

I never had Mary Kay Letourneau as a teacher, but that doesn't mean that I didn't know that I would have liked to have "had her". :twisted:

Maybe to you was "out of the blue", but possibly not everyone in the conversation? :idea:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seymour":98sl0k3z said:
Mojambo":98sl0k3z said:
Seymour":98sl0k3z said:
SoulfishHawk":98sl0k3z said:

Maybe to you was "out of the blue", but possibly not everyone in the conversation? :idea:
It was weird to me because I'm not 84.

Anyway continue. :lol:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As Hans pointed out, the root of the issue will be clear.

We are going to know shortly if the problem is the coordinators or Pete.

Since we don't really get a say in the matter, I will just wait to see if next season gets better....or worse.

Not optimistic about it, but I suppose still hopeful.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3u7ybdgq said:

Since we don't really get a say in the matter, I will just wait to see if next season gets better....or worse.

How are we gona know this? What if it's both Pete for hiring underwhelming people, but im still apt to giving them a chance.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":dvfip4td said:

You can wait if you like, but the hire itself (along with keeping Bevell so long) tells me it is Pete holding this offense back.

That said, an improved oline will be the fools gold that will keep this questionable since I expect improvement from that alone.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":18741ku7 said:

We will know right away, if we refuse to use the middle of the field and seam routes and everything is edge and away or deep and or over their heads.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3gwoycye said:
RolandDeschain":3gwoycye said:
MontanaHawk05":3gwoycye said:

Apparently I need to. After page five or six, I started only reading intermittent posts in this thread, to be honest. :)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3vb5vvac said:
MontanaHawk05":3vb5vvac said:
RolandDeschain":3vb5vvac said:
MontanaHawk05":3vb5vvac said:

Apparently I need to. After page five or six, I started only reading intermittent posts in this thread, to be honest. :)

I suppose I can't blame you for that. It's not like I perused everything before my own post...

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3h4cuyi6 said:
xgeoff":3h4cuyi6 said:
MontanaHawk05":3h4cuyi6 said:
xgeoff":3h4cuyi6 said:
you know who's offense I just loved watching recently? The Eagles. The Eagles and Doug Pederson came up with a scheme and a series of plays that maximized Nick Foles' abilities and seemingly gave their offense a number of creative options on every play.

LOL! Nooooooo!

Yep. :)

But the difference is that they used well-blocked bubble screens. They actually have an OL, blocking TE's, and WR's who can block.

The downfield and lateral blocking is something that really took a nosedive on this team since 2014, and nobody's been talking about it.

Again, the overlooked part of this is that Bevell and Cable were fairly ineffective as teachers. The offensive coordinator doesn't just call plays on Sunday. The players have the talent but Bevell/Cable weren't bringing it out. Time to see if someone else can.

The "scheme" is the most overrated element in football by fans.

Some of this falls on Wilson as a leader. If he wants to win multiple super bowl's he needs to demand perfection from his teammates.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1gstfhdi said:
Scorpion05":1gstfhdi said:
Look, I don't think there's a fan in here that cares more about being proven right (About Schotty sucking)..than they care about us winning

But, can we at least all come to an agreement that it's really hard to be optimistic about Schotty? Like yea, we hope he does great. We hope he has a career year as a coordinator. We hope Russell throws for 40+ TDs. But if past success is a predictor of future success, can we at least admit there's not much to be optimistic about? That we're all just...Hoping?
Hoping is really all we got given his history as a coach. I'm just baffled as to why Pete Carroll is willing to give chances to people with such spotty track records. In Schottenheimers case, a man that couldn't even get it done in college, in one of the biggest programs. Why this guy? There were much better options out there, including the guy we let go. Yes -- Darrell Bevell had a better resume than Schottenheimer. Also yes, I am saying that Bevell, as bad as he was is a better coordinator than Schottenheimer.

Since we have watched this guy, I have been researching frantically trying to find a glimmer of hope. There is little to go on, the games I have watched of him, and the general consensus of fans and opposing fans about Schottenheimer is that he is horrible. The only reason why he has a job is by the virtue of his fathers reputation --- pure nepotism.

I will say this about Schotty. I think Wilson will really like him, personality wise at least. I used to see tapes of Schotty and Sanchez in the film room, and Schotty has just the kind of firey, hard ass, yet fun and supportive personality that Russell is probably craving

Will that translate to a great offense? I don't know, but it's something. Wilson is great enough that we will still have at least a solid offense. I just want greatness