Brian Schottenheimer

chris98251

Reaction score
Colts a dumpster fire the last few years with Irsay, Rams had Fisher holding down creative offense thoughts and QB's controlling the games, just have to look at his history no matter the team, QB or OC. Jets Sanchez and more dysfunction.

He has obviously seen what working for the shit end of the stick looks like, lets see how he does with a shiny end of it, IF and big IF Pete allows him to be his own guy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If Shotty was the OC for Brees or Rodgers we would probably be singing a different song right now.

So much of coaching has to do with the roster you have. Do you think Dan Quinn would be this great coach if he took over the Browns? Bill O'Brien went from looking like one of the worst to one of the best coaches with DeShaun Watson.

PC could have been a joke in the NFL if he didn't land in Seattle.

Lets see what he can do with an actual QB.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Either Pete truly is addled and made a rash decision, or he got exactly the guy he wanted. I'm guessing the latter.

DrDix

Reaction score
Lmao, not even official yet and people are losing it, in typical fashion of this board. And every single time it's as unreasonable as before.

The guy is inherently an upgrade over Bevell because he is not Bevell. The team absolutely needed a new voice and vision for the offense.

And give me a break about this "puppet" BS. Hasn't played one god damn game and it's somehow the "absolute worst candidate possible" Pretty sure that's not at all how it works!!

endzorn

Reaction score
Pete wants a specific style of offense. All the information about Seattle running a college offense made zero sense because all Pete wants to do is run the ball, throw off play action and play defense. He wS never looking for an innovator, he was looking for a veteran offensive coach who would run what he wants. This makes perfect sense. I’m not saying I like it, just saying it makes perfect sense.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hawkfish":1x1mu68k said:
Coryell managed to maintain an edge by combating both press and man coverage with constant motion. He split backs out wide and shuffled receivers along the line of scrimmage to make defenders hesitant; complicating defensive assignments or, at the very least, keeping them on their toes.

//www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/1/25/2733390/air-coryell-and-brian-schottenheimer

Interesting article on Schotty's philosophy.

:179417:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Even if the guy is just your “average” OC, then he is light years better than the guy that just got canned here!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I did a stat real quick of his rushing offense during the Rams and Jets. We going back to running that ball. The thing we missed this year was our RB's getting in the endzone, for comparison I put his stats as an OC below.

I'm willing to give Schottenheimer a chance (at least to see what he can do), if you really think about it, Bevell had been on teams with high caliber players. Let's see what Schottenheimer can do with a better QB.

Seahawks
2017 Rushing TD 4, 3 with Russell Wilson, Rushing Rank 22nd, 1629 Rushing Yards
I believe we would have won a few more games if we had a few more TDs in the redzone from a RB and of course a more consistent kicker.

Brian Schottenheimer
Rams
2012 Rushing TD 10, 1 with Sam Bradford, Rushing Rank 19th, 1714 Rushing Yards
2013 Rushing TD 11, 1 with Sam Bradford, Rushing Rank 29th, 1752 Rushing Yards
2014 Rushing TD 11, 1 with Shaun Hill, Rushing Rank 15th, 1635 Rushing Yards

Jets
2006 Rushing TD 15, Rushing Rank 18th, 1738 Rushing yards
2007 Rushing TD 6, 3 with Chad Pennington, 1 with Kellen Clemens, Rushing Rank 27th, 1701 Rushing Yards
2008 Rushing TD 20, 1 with Brett Favre, Rushing Rank 5th, 2004 Rushing Yards
2009 Rushing TD 21, 3 with Mark Sanchez, Rushing Rank 11th, 2756 Rushing Yards
2010 Rushing TD 11, 1 with Mark Sanchez, Rushing Rank 5th, 2374 Rushing yards
2011 Rushing TD 7, 1 with Mark Sanchez, Rushing Rank 18th, 1692 Rushing yards

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Crizilla":1r2yi8dc said:
of course none of that matters if we dont have an O-line.

Which is why I think the O-line coach is going to be the bigger name.....I hope.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkfish":355tii6b said:
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/1/25/2733390/air-coryell-and-brian-schottenheimer

Interesting article on Schotty's philosophy.

Air Coryell is largely what Pete has been running all this time. Seattle has already been splitting backs out wide, using motion, and emphasizing the run under Bevell this entire time. If you think that's going to be some kind of crazy innovation Seattle's opponents have never seen before, you're going to be disappointed. It'll be more of the same, and last I checked, it wasn't doing us much good.

This is Pete being Pete - finding someone who will come in and execute an already-cemented vision without threatening the hierarchy with too much independent-mindedness. Nothing new under the Seattle sun.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hard to get excited about this, my buddy is a Georgia fan and claims he was bad there too. Finished in the bottom half of offenses 7 of 8 seasons in the NFL. That's bullshit

Scorpion05

Reaction score
What a garbage hire. I live in NYC and watched Shotty's offense. Yea Mark Sanchez was horrible, but decent coordinators make average Qbs look competent. The narrative on Shanahan was also never accurate. He succeeded with RG3, his stint with Kirk was wayyyy more about Kirk sucking, succeeded with Matt Ryan. This is a bad hire. People need to stop trying to spin this

Would rather have kept Bevell. Cable was the biggest problem anyway

jake206

Reaction score
Schottenheimer hire, makes me think that Pete values experience over innovation. He's going to stick with what got him here, run, run, pass and not recreate the offense. Hopefully the OL coach is a more inspired choice.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Holy $#&@ some of you are unbelievable. The guys been stuck with horrible talent for most of his career. He hasn't even coordinated one game yet and it's already over? And did I really just see someone say they want DB back? Give the guy a chance. Besides, last time I checked, "expected to hire" did not mean the same thing as "officially hire".

Rainger

Reaction score
getnasty":o8cgvlzs said:
Hard to get excited about this, my buddy is a Georgia fan and claims he was bad there too. Finished in the bottom half of offenses 7 of 8 seasons in the NFL. That's bullshit

This thread is exactly the same negative nelly shit that was espoused on .NET when PC was hired. I am having deja vue all over again.

Give the guy a chance. The bigger issue will be getting some bodies for the O line and a Oline coach that actually gets them blocking. I think people will be pleasently surprised bu Schotts.

The team no longer has 2 people running the O and will now have one clear focus and direction that is much more of a change up O than 3 play DB could ever do.

Latest posts