Britt and the Screen.

olyfan63

Reaction score
As a team we seem to overall suck at screens, and get a lot of sacks against us. Not sure where the blame lies, but whoever is overall responsible for Offensive execution would be the guy. Probably that's Bevell. As a team we are having way too many screens fail miserably. I say that's on Bevell to fix.

HawkHack

Reaction score
UGotHawked":avr3kche said:
Anybody think Britt would be a better OG prospect than OT?
Well, give it another 10-12 games. Plenty of guys ultimately get moved from T to G, and he might be one of them. If they don't extend Carp (e.g., due to injuries), maybe Britt could move to LG. I do think he has potential, but maybe not at RT.

Of course, then we'd have to find another RT. I do sorta miss Giacomini.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Public Service Message

atrocious

adjective

extremely or shockingly wicked, cruel, or brutal:

an atrocious crime.

shockingly bad or tasteless; dreadful; abominable:

an atrocious painting; atrocious manners.

Since I saw some incorrect corrections I figured I would help.

I loved seeing the defence play like they did. We still have a very tough road and the next time we play AZ it will be a whole differnt ballgame. We will need to crush them in their house. If our D continues though, we will win the division.

I would like to see our offense get away from the screen game a bit though and try more shallow crosses.

DrDix

Reaction score
Offense was not very good (except when it mattered) but the Cards were even worse. It was a highly defensive battle, and we won, that's all I care about it.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Let's be honest, it's year 3 and Wilson still struggles to run a screen play. His timing hitting the WR/RB has been dreadful. Either he's clutching the ball because he can't throw over the defensive linemen, only to the sides of them, or he's still doesn't trust the throwing lane and is double pumping the ball before throwing it to a WR waiting for the ball before getting smashed by a safety.

Either Bevell and Carl Smith needs to coach Wilson and this offense up or take most of these plays out of the playbook cause the negative yard aren't helping anything.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Britt is a revolving door at RT. I think it was piss poor planning to fill the RT vacancy in what we knew was going to be a very challenging year for us with a rookie. At least spend a 1st round on the position if your gonna do a baptism by fire thing imo. Jared Veldheer was available in the offseason for a non-humongous salary and the Cardinals picked him up absolutely solidifying their very troubled o-line and look at the consistency they have been able to achieve from their offense. We should have had a serious back-up plan for the right side. We took steps back instead of forward from this standpoint and we have been paying for the gamble all year.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
There was one sack where the Seahawks had a running back screen to the left. The back slip out to the left, the linemen released to the left, but Wilson for some unknown reason turned to the right when he got the snap and was sacked without even seeing the rusher.

BASF

Reaction score
olyfan63":3stfus7q said:
As a team we seem to overall suck at screens, and get a lot of sacks against us. Not sure where the blame lies, but whoever is overall responsible for Offensive execution would be the guy. Probably that's Bevell. As a team we are having way too many screens fail miserably. I say that's on Bevell to fix.

Cable. See my sig.

Brahn

Reaction score
Cartire":3k2zxtox said:
HawKnPeppa":3k2zxtox said:
Cartire":3k2zxtox said:
I know I know, Team Sarlacc.

But honestly, rewatch the game. Britt twice blocked the same guy sweezy had and let a free runner right by him. It was attroshis, and he finally showed his rookie flaws.

3 Screen were not bevells fault. They were entirely on Wilson taking way to long to throw the ball. You cant hold the ball that long on a blitzing card defense. IF you're going to throw screen (which would have countered a lot of the blitz), you have to do it right away. Wilson waited way to long and it was on him.

Other than that, let the Bevell blame begin.
'Attroshis?' At use a word you can come close to spelling. [emoji33]

Making fun of my spelling while drunk, at the same time using horrible grammar. I love it. "At us a word you can..."

[youtube]uxJh6slAqXM[/youtube]

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
BASF":2ckzh2j9 said:
olyfan63":2ckzh2j9 said:

Cable. See my sig.

So our OC and OL coach are Bevil and Butthead now?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree that our screens suck most of the time but that isn't a reason to avoid them like a ferocious animal. It is a good reason to spend some practice time on them, and a very good reason to make sure that we take advantage of Wilson's precociousness to check out of one if it doesn't look good.

We do want Wilson to hold the ball until just before the pressure reaches him, but if the pressure reaches him first then he held it too long. Seconds are a silly thing to talk about because they don't matter; either a guy is getting close or he isn't. If somebody is there at the 2 second mark then Wilson needs to throw it before that, or if he has all the room in the world then he should be pulling it down and running it himself. I don't think anybody here actually wants timing routes where we throw to spots on the field and trust everything to work out.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Are we allowed to blame multiple people for the amount of sacks? Poor line play by Britt (especially), Wilson holding onto the ball or leaving the pocket too early, his WRs not helping him out by beating man coverage.

If the Cardinals are going to blitz that much you have to know you have to get rid of the ball. Wilson went through his progressions like there was a 4 man rush on a consistent basis when they were bringing 6 or 7.

AgentDib

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3iy0dcwg said:
Are we allowed to blame multiple people for the amount of sacks? Poor line play by Britt (especially), Wilson holding onto the ball or leaving the pocket too early, his WRs not helping him out by beating man coverage.
Don't forget our defense. If they had given up more points we might have had to open up the passing game and try a few of those risky throws instead of pulling it down for a sack.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":2ljwya4e said:
SonicHawk":2ljwya4e said:
Don't forget our defense. If they had given up more points we might have had to open up the passing game and try a few of those risky throws instead of pulling it down for a sack.

You're right, how could I be so stupid? Wilson and the WRs could never make a bad decision or play poorly.

Stupid me, I've only been a fan since January so you'll have to understand.