Brock Huard and Michael Bennett Twitter interaction

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kobebryant":2dprochi said:
The team is 8-5, young and playing really well.

I don't think the media needs to be saying anything negative about guys who are no longer here and helped deliver the teams first championship with their great play. There was a radio segment this morning where they were still going at former players even though it's been almost a whole season now and there is so much to say about the current guys.

It just seems cowardly to speak about former players when there is no risk of them confronting you while they are in other cities. It isn't like these players forced their way out: Mike (traded), Sherm (released), ET (IR), Cliff and Kam (career ending neck trauma). Very low from the media.
BINGO! This guy gets it! Great post! :2thumbs:
We have a new hungry team that is talented and buying FULLY into PC’s philosophy, we have new offensive coaches that are doing a great job, and JS is finding diamonds in the rough again.

Times are getting good again folks, enjoy the ride and don’t fall into the local sportmedia’s trap of negativity.

rcaido

Reaction score
hawknation2018":13f2jsg0 said:
Seymour":13f2jsg0 said:
hawknation2018":13f2jsg0 said:
There are now three possibilities for Seymour:

1. Admit he was factually incorrect because he didn’t understand how trades affect dead money. Seems like the sensible thing to do.

2. Continue to double down and refuse to comprehend this new information, making any rational conversation impossible since we can’t agree on objective reality.

3. Run and hide. :2thumbs:

This was the basis of the disagreement, why he was shipped out.

From the very article you posted...... :roll:
Based on those figures, it seems more likely that the Seahawks would cut him in 2019 or 2020. It's not like he's suddenly turned into a horrible player. He's still good, if not dominant, and he still adds value to the team

Exactly what I said. You cannot find that talent for what they would have paid to keep him.

Back to the facts. Fact: Bennett was a cancer and was shipped out.

Not because of Mr 2018 reason....salary
Not because of Mr 2018 reason....age
Not because of Mr 2018 reason....injuries

He went with Option 2. :lol:

i think i had the same argument with him with Bennett...Dont bother, he doesn't like him because of things outside of football.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think this solidifies what we had been saying last year and before the season started. We could see it, Seahawks don't air laundry so you had to wait for them to hang it on a line.

Remember T.J. Houshmandzadeh was let go right away and we paid his salary also because he was not in with the program. This isn't a new thing, Bennett admitting to reading a book and tuning Pete out is flagrant and sets a bad example for Pete's teaching and coaching up environment.

That's why Bennett isn't here, not salary.

Pete even said T.J was a great player after he left, just how Pete is.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm quite sure that Bennett and Sherman were both moved primarily due to their attitudes, but there's no proof unless somebody writes a book sometime down the line and even then it will be disputed. Conclusions like that are formed from the thousands of little bits of evidence we have seen over the last five years.

However, it feels fair to criticize ex-players when they do put themselves above the team because of the player friendly way in which Pete manages.

There are lots of disciplinarian coaches out there who parrot Lombardi time (if you're not 15 minutes you're late), set unreasonable curfews and chew players out for minor infractions. Obviously it's the player's job to try to fit into whatever system they are in, but it's somewhat understandable when they aren't getting along with a head coach who is in over his head or overly authoritarian.

Contrast that with players who are not able to live in harmony with a player's coach because they've heard his positive messages before. I just can't muster any sympathy for that at all.

Seafan

Reaction score
If Pete is ready to move on from a player there must be something to it. Pete is the most patient coach in the world. Bennett wasn't a plus in the locker room IMO and the team needed him to be. Cliff Avril was the tougher loss. He was a leader and not a me, me, me guy. When Bennett was healthy he was not blockable 1 on 1. To give that up meant a lot.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
toffee":3i5736yr said:
I am hoping Pete learned from the past mistakes and not let that repeat on the current youngsters.

Unfortunately it's human nature to read into our own press clippings and believe our success was all because of our efforts, as if we live in a vacuum. Humility is a rare quality and nothing breeds failure like success. I don't think there's a lot Pete can do to avoid this issue other than to place more of a premium on character during player evaluations.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree, however it is something in the rearview mirror. Brock should let it be.

I loved both Sherman and Bennett as players and sadly they were not alone in feeling Pete’s message may have gotten old and smelly to those players and their negativity As ever the best deodourant for any program is a few Ws stacked upon another and winning by following the message. Once again the team gets it. I truly believe Pete learned something from the situation too.

It also didn’t hurt that the team went back to it’s roots of playing a more physical style of football and that coaches were weren’t measuring up were sent away as well. The accountability applied to the coaching staff as well as the players. Any team finds disappointment then frustration with that disappointment to be divisive. In the end both with Sherman with Bennett and the other respective players were not the leaders the staff needed them to be and became a problem as vocal malcontents, so they were moved out. Of course they all play football for money and that’s darn good money but they need to be ‘All In’ and if not they should not be here.

For me I miss Bennett’s quirky humour, Sherman’s immense ego, the amazing play of Thomas. It sucks that both Avril and Kam had their careers shortened by injuries. For them all they were awesome players here and to me they will always be Seahawks and in time each of them will be welcomed back as they understand why it was they had to be moved on from.

Each of these guys were champions here and each of them will always be Seahawks no matter where they are.

It’s time to move on with the team that wants to be here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1truwxr5 said:
I agree, however it is something in the rearview mirror. Brock should let it be..

Why?

I don't get why media members, talk show hosts, fans or anyone that's not directly employed or on the team has to check themselves.

Nothing I hate more from media or sports personalities is boring.

Brock isn't on the team, he's a radio host. He can be as opinionated as he wants.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9q4uzid0 said:
jammerhawk":9q4uzid0 said:
I agree, however it is something in the rearview mirror. Brock should let it be..

Why?

I don't get why media members, talk show hosts, fans or anyone that's not directly employed or on the team has to check themselves.

Nothing I hate more from media or sports personalities is boring.

Brock isn't on the team, he's a radio host. He can be as opinionated as he wants.

Agree. Sherman and Bennett are the ones that got this crap revved up....call him on his crap IMO.

Some people think they should not have to be exposed to hearing things they do not like to hear, so people should not be able to speak their minds.

That is not how a democracy works fortunately.

Threedee

Reaction score
I don't agree with Bennett on much of anything, but, I think Brock is being rather childish.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Threedee":esren8wj said:
I don't agree with Bennett on much of anything, but, I think Brock is being rather childish.

For calling out the players that are no longer here for being the immature self centered locker room wreckers that they were?

Maybe if more people told them this while they were here, instead of kissing their asses..............they might still be here.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Brock picked a side of the fence, and I appreciate him for that.

Cliff Avril and Walter Jones are almost unwatchable because they skirt the fence daily. Just dribbling on about stuff that's obvious and coachspeak. Good on Brock to call it like it was.

We have a new defense and Mike's not here anymore. We have younger, hungrier guys now that are balling out. Mike was allowed to be himself while he's here, and he'll be allowed to be himself on his couch in Philly in January watching Seattle in the playoffs too.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Some guys in the local media - Brock,Salk, Jim Moore- seem to be easily offended pearl clutchers who don't like opinionated athletes. Whereas others - Danny, Wyman, Furness, Avril - seem a little more measured, reasonable and understanding of the human element at play with these athletes.

Name on the back of the jersey>>Name on the front.

StoneCold

Reaction score
hawknation2018":19owu1wa said:
Hawkstorian":19owu1wa said:
Arguing about cap numbers is pretty riveting stuff.

Sort of like arguing whether the moon exists.

:lol:

It exists, and it's flat and blue.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bennett was traded because of his mouth, because he kept threatening to hold out, and because he started doing his own thing on the DLine.

He and Sheldon Richardson were let go because both of them were "freelancing." He was showing no respect to Pete, or this team, and it had been building.

Richard Sherman shit all over this team, even doing it on the sidelines with the cameras on him. It became all about him.

Pete Carroll's rule #1 is Protect the Team. Neither Sherman nor Bennett did so. It was all "Me, me me!" So they are gone.

Like someone above said, there were no such negative comments about Cliff Avril, and the only negative thing I heard about Kam, was his 2 game hold out.

But Richard and Michael felt it necessary to run their mouths, and to let everyone know about it. That's why they are gone. That's why this locker room is completely different now. It's back to Love Our Brothers, instead of Love My Money.

You don't see them cutting KJ Wright. People mention "They didn't re-sign Earl." That's on Earl. He's the one that went in to the Cowboys locker room and said "Come Get me!"

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Michael Bennett Million dollar body with 10 cent head! Lynch, Shernan also!

rcaido

Reaction score
Earl would have been traded for peanuts before the season started if it was about the attitude. He was a bigger distraction then Sherman & Bennett last year. Yet he still remain on the team, they wanted him still here...Why because he's still young and producing...

Its all about the money and if it makes sense to keep them. Do you think Seahawks wanted to take a chance on Sherman after that injury? Bennett at 33 appeared to be on the decline w/ age & injury...He still had 3 more years in his contract, instead decided to trade him which made sense.

In the past with Harvin, they had no problems getting rid of player that created distraction mid season. I dont think these two were as big as problem as the media wants you to think.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":70la0e8o said:
Its all about the money and if it makes sense to keep them. Do you think Seahawks wanted to take a chance on Sherman after that injury? .

Yes, we would have done what many teams do with big contract players who got hurt or skills have diminished, yet still are valuable leaders and can contribute...........they're offer the chance to re-do their contracts to a lower value so they can stay.

When a player is just flat out cut? Yep, it's about the money, but it's also a sign that there is absolutely NO interest in working things out.

Guarantee you Pete and John will try and work something out with KJ in the off season for him to come back on a prove it deal, or a deal more team friendly. Doesn't mean he'll take it if he can get more money elsewhere, but the good relationship is still there.

Richard made sure to burn that bridge, which is why he signed with SF on a terrible incentive heavy deal and only 7M guaranteed.