Brock & Salk is back!

uncle fester

Reaction score
Great news. Shame it didn't work out for him in Boston, but glad he's back.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Great news, salk is cool. 710 kicks the crap out of kjr. KJR spends way too much time on sports nobody cares about like golf, soccer, NASCAR, etc.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2pljlwjw said:
I know Salk has a cult following up here, but I am in the minority where I can't stand the guy.

Oh well, I am rarely listening to the radio from 7-10 anyway so no big deal.

I'm with you.

I remember after the Hawks beat the Bears in 2012, the spin from Skip Bayless and the other Wilson doubters was that "he couldn't throw from the pocket." Brock and Salk had Mike Sando on to refute that claim and he had the stats to back it up. Salk started laughing at Sando when he started presenting his statistics and kept laughing so long and loud that I couldn't hear a word Sando was trying to say. It was annoying as hell.

"Brock and Danny" might not have been award-winning radio but I really can't stand Salk. Not happy to hear that he is back.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":y7yfp79g said:
Hasselbeck":y7yfp79g said:
I know Salk has a cult following up here, but I am in the minority where I can't stand the guy.

Oh well, I am rarely listening to the radio from 7-10 anyway so no big deal.

I'm with you.

I remember after the Hawks beat the Bears in 2012, the spin from Skip Bayless and the other Wilson doubters was that "he couldn't throw from the pocket." Brock and Salk had Mike Sando on to refute that claim and he had the stats to back it up. Salk started laughing at Sando when he started presenting his statistics and kept laughing so long and loud that I couldn't hear a word Sando was trying to say. It was annoying as hell.

"Brock and Danny" might not have been award-winning radio but I really can't stand Salk. Not happy to hear that he is back.

They were laughing because they were playing computer sounds in the background because Brock and Salk had a brief running gag that Sando was a robot/computer with his statistics. The reaction to it wasn't positive. It wasn't that he disagreed with him.

Tical21

Reaction score
Salk will be the second best radio host in the area. Dick Fain and Brock will have a contest for worst sidekick. Shame is that Salk is up against the best radio host in the area.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glad to see Salk back.

On another note...........Jim Moore, why? Dude's like your drunk out of touch 60 year old uncle that just blurts out whatever stupid thought that comes into his head regardless of whether it's factual or not.

I don't love Softy, and I like Wyman.......but I REFUSE to listen to Jim Moore. He may have been a good sports columnist 30 years ago, but now he's just an old out of touch burned out hack.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I was never a fan of Salk, he didn't seem to grasp Seattle sports. I was "happy" when he moved back east....that was until I heard Danny O'Niel...yikes.

Needless to say getting Salk back is a MAJOR upgrade to danny...

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1ogwcqni said:
Great news, salk is cool. 710 kicks the crap out of kjr. KJR spends way too much time on sports nobody cares about like golf, soccer, NASCAR, etc.

Golf yes, but the others? Not so much.

If anything, they spend too much time on the NFL. I don't need to listen to Holmgren 5 days a week, especially in the off season.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":b15ey56k said:
On another note...........Jim Moore, why? Dude's like your drunk out of touch 60 year old uncle that just blurts out whatever stupid thought that comes into his head regardless of whether it's factual or not.

You left out "With money on the game". Personally, he is my favorite personality for exactly the reasons that you list. And Moore frequently admits that your description is accurate.

kearly

Reaction score
I've lived a lot of places and listened to a lot of bad radio, but Danny O'neil was the only radio guy I ever listened to that just flat out pissed me off. Danny rarely goes a full hour without making a factual error or saying something laughably moronic. The worst part is when he interrupts the program on the air to tell Brock or the producer that he is factually wrong about something, which is a no-no (that's broadcasting 101). What's worse is that O'neil makes a big deal out of these situations and in most of them he's actually the one who's factually incorrect himself, not the person he jumps on. I would guess at least 75% of the time that Danny throws a wrench in the program to tell someone they are dead wrong about a fact, he's actually the one who's wrong and the person he interrupted was 100% correct.

He's also kind of an ass, he made things pretty personal with Tom Wassell (Wassell is a bit insensitive himself, but is infinitely more eloquent, interesting and intelligent than Danny is). O'neil also has a habit of being told not to say certain things and saying them anyway, and then you have his venomous comments after Wassell left... there is definitely a vindictive side to him at times. O'neil to me was almost like Jim Mora with a smile and a bow tie.

Brock has some bad broadcasting habits on radio, but he's a guy that just "gets it" when it comes to football. Other sports, not so much (I cringe hearing him talk about "advanced stats" and "Sabermetricians" in baseball, even though he does mean well). I think he's spot on just about 100% of the time with the Seahawks. He's not perfect, but he's the brightest mind on Seattle sports radio and has been for some time.

So thankful that I don't have to endure Danny to hear Brock anymore. I kind of think those guys brought out the worst in each other. Danny was more of an ass with Brock around than he was with guest hosts. And Brock caught the "lets make a story out of a non-story" idiocy bug from Danny, and in general the amount of time it took Brock to get to his point got even longer with Danny around.

Danny was actually non-horrible with some of the guest hosts he worked with, and I thought he was surprisingly decent as a solo act. The one exception were the times when he subbed in with Wyman. Wyman is so anti-intellectual, if Brock carried the Brock and Danny show with his insights then Wyman dragged it down by an equal amount. I'm by no means a O'neil fan but I feel sorry for him that he's stuck with Wyman now.

I would love to see Wassell brought back as the producer for Brock and Salk. Maybe that would be a "three's a crowd" situation, but I always thought Wassell and Brock worked very well together.

Regarding the news, 1000% unsurprising. Once Salk got fired in Boston you knew he'd be back with Brock eventually, and Danny's shit show expedited the process. The game of musical chairs with all the producers hinted at a lineup change, and when they hyped the "7.14.14" stuff, by process of elimination it could only be Brock and Salk.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1hwmj0in said:
Salk will be the second best radio host in the area. Dick Fain and Brock will have a contest for worst sidekick. Shame is that Salk is up against the best radio host in the area.

Mitch in the Morning?

HawkHack

Reaction score
kearly":39v6njf0 said:
Tical21":39v6njf0 said:

Mitch in the Morning?
Lord preserve us. Is he still on?

I knew there was a reason I didn't listen to 950 any more.

Worst. Host. Ever. Annoying, whiney, puerile, misogynistic.

Smellyman

Reaction score
kearly":1pwoy814 said:
I've lived a lot of places and listened to a lot of bad radio, but Danny O'neil was the only radio guy I ever listened to that just flat out pissed me off. Danny rarely goes a full hour without making a factual error or saying something laughably moronic. The worst part is when he interrupts the program on the air to tell Brock or the producer that he is factually wrong about something, which is a no-no (that's broadcasting 101). What's worse is that O'neil makes a big deal out of these situations and in most of them he's actually the one who's factually incorrect himself, not the person he jumps on. I would guess at least 75% of the time that Danny throws a wrench in the program to tell someone they are dead wrong about a fact, he's actually the one who's wrong and the person he interrupted was 100% correct.

He's also kind of an ass, he made things pretty personal with Tom Wassell (Wassell is a bit insensitive himself, but is infinitely more eloquent, interesting and intelligent than Danny is). O'neil also has a habit of being told not to say certain things and saying them anyway, and then you have his venomous comments after Wassell left... there is definitely a vindictive side to him at times. O'neil to me was almost like Jim Mora with a smile and a bow tie.

Brock has some bad broadcasting habits on radio, but he's a guy that just "gets it" when it comes to football. Other sports, not so much (I cringe hearing him talk about "advanced stats" and "Sabermetricians" in baseball, even though he does mean well). I think he's spot on just about 100% of the time with the Seahawks. He's not perfect, but he's the brightest mind on Seattle sports radio and has been for some time.

So thankful that I don't have to endure Danny to hear Brock anymore. I kind of think those guys brought out the worst in each other. Danny was more of an ass with Brock around than he was with guest hosts. And Brock caught the "lets make a story out of a non-story" idiocy bug from Danny, and in general the amount of time it took Brock to get to his point got even longer with Danny around.

Danny was actually non-horrible with some of the guest hosts he worked with, and I thought he was surprisingly decent as a solo act. The one exception were the times when he subbed in with Wyman. Wyman is so anti-intellectual, if Brock carried the Brock and Danny show with his insights then Wyman dragged it down by an equal amount. I'm by no means a O'neil fan but I feel sorry for him that he's stuck with Wyman now.

I would love to see Wassell brought back as the producer for Brock and Salk. Maybe that would be a "three's a crowd" situation, but I always thought Wassell and Brock worked very well together.

Regarding the news, 1000% unsurprising. Once Salk got fired in Boston you knew he'd be back with Brock eventually, and Danny's shit show expedited the process. The game of musical chairs with all the producers hinted at a lineup change, and when they hyped the "7.14.14" stuff, by process of elimination it could only be Brock and Salk.

I liked Danny. When he was wrong and the "fact checker" came in, it was great. And he was quite humble and self dprecating about being fat and dumpy, butchering English and getting things wrong. He also seemed great with guest hosts.

kearly

Reaction score
Smellyman":3e0pv0w3 said:
I liked Danny. When he was wrong and the "fact checker" came in, it was great. And he was quite humble and self dprecating about being fat and dumpy, butchering English and getting things wrong. He also seemed great with guest hosts.

I think the fact checker schtick got old for Danny really quick. Danny eventually lost his ability to conceal his contempt for Wassell, at one point even saying Wassell "would be missed like a canker sore." I think the fact checker friction was probably the primary instigator between those two, unless there was off the air stuff going on.

Danny is a bit self-depreciating at times. I think on his own, or in the right company, he's a decent enough guy. I agree that with guest hosts he is better, in fact Brock and Wassell made this observation as well.

But I've pretty much listened to all his radio since he started, and I've lost count of how many times he made things personal or was an ass. Wassell is almost as much of an ass as Danny, but whereas Wassell is sharp, Danny says the dumbest shit every single day, so it's a lot easier for me to put up with Wassell's shortcomings.

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
kearly":3436w2hf said:
Smellyman":3436w2hf said:

I think the fact checker schtick got old for Danny really quick. Danny eventually lost his ability to conceal his contempt for Wassell, at one point even saying Wassell "would be missed like a canker sore." I think the fact checker friction was probably the primary instigator between those two, unless there was off the air stuff going on.

Danny is a bit self-depreciating at times. I think on his own, or in the right company, he's a decent enough guy. I agree that with guest hosts he is better, in fact Brock and Wassell made this observation as well.

But I've pretty much listened to all his radio since he started, and I've lost count of how many times he made things personal or was an ass. Wassell is almost as much of an ass as Danny, but whereas Wassell is sharp, Danny says the dumbest shit every single day, so it's a lot easier for me to put up with Wassell's shortcomings.

Interesting then that Wassell is now Danny's producer in the afternoon.

Barthawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":3bd2u68x said:
kearly":3bd2u68x said:
Smellyman":3bd2u68x said:

Interesting then that Wassell is now Danny's producer in the afternoon.

I think Kip is just pissed because Danny doesn't answer his questions during the Seahawks chat...