Brooks: Cardinals Can Beat Seahawks w/Stifling Defense

seahawks08

Reaction score
They will throw the ball more and our offense should not choke and score points early. They are built to throw the ball in the 4th quarter after keeping the score low. If we follow the philosophy of being ahead early, we can get them to make mistakes more. We can do this and we will, we never play scared, so that's what our team is about.

kpak76

Reaction score
xXPhoenixRoninXx":2yepltrh said:
You mean to tell me, if the Cards contain Russ and Lynch they'll win? :sarcasm_on:

Seattle's offense is built to punish the blitzes that Bowles is going to bring. Slant routes, counter runs, draws, swing passes, corner/post routes, seam routes, and anything that rolls the pocket are all concepts they use well. We already know Cromartie, Powers, and P2 are gifted in man2man coverage, and having Honey Badger and Deone playing deep adds security. With the league cracking down on defense, and Bowles making a living by blitzing exotically, Bevell would be smart to use those two as advantages to move the ball. On another note, every analysis tells Arizona to keep the Hawks under 10 points to win. Can anyone remind me when Russ and Co. have been held to single digits this year? The answer is ZERO, even with all the sluggish days we've had offensively. Seattle however, has held 4 teams under 10 with 3 of the 4 wins coming on the road. Although this article did a good job explaining how Seattle attacks, I found it too Captain Obvious for me. I believe the Cards will make some stellar plays on defense, but to be so overt about it is overkill in my opinion. Of course Arizona will play an elite game on defense, it's the only choice they have.

Go Hawks

That group is more overrated than the Niners where this year. The Dline and LBers are what keeps AZ's defense on top. AZ has the 29th ranked pass defense in the NFL. No one ranked that low should be considered gifted in anything.

byau

Reaction score
hgwellz12":5exqtkl7 said:
My LACK of concern/worry for this game is seriously starting to concern/worry me.

hahahaha.... me too . I am a worry-wart and I feel like I am trying to force the worry so I can feel comfortable and it ain't working.

what-me-worry-2.jpg

lsheldon

Reaction score
Aren't the Cardinals imploring their fans to not sell their tickets for a quick buck, so as to keep fewer Seahawks fans from being able to attend the game? Thought I heard someone mention that on 710 AM earlier in the week.

And who the hell is Bucky Brooks?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1cyiizr1 said:
NFL has to hype this game. They are obligated to do so.

"Listen everyone! I know that you see SEA v. ARI as a laugher on SNF, but before you decide to not tune in at all, here us out!"

If these are two elite Defensive units (and they are) then I guess it comes down to one thing: Russell Wilson vs. Ryan Lindley. One is a Super Bowl winning QB with the most victories for a QB ever over his first three seasons and is a 4th qtr. comeback master. The other your 2016 2nd string QB for the Spokane Shock.

Hype away, NFL and NBC. You need it.

Ding, ding, ding.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1esptnb4 said:
My LACK of concern/worry for this game is seriously starting to concern/worry me.

Don't worry about it. This game will not be close.

Even if the offense scores only 17-20 .. it will feel like Super Bowl 48 the way the defense will smother their offense.

dukestar

Reaction score
I just rewatched the 19-3 Cards Hawks game.

Stanton had a couple of overthrows that could have changed the flow and 1 dropped TD in the endzone. Other than that they were pretty much ineffective of moving the ball against our D. Now bear in mind that Elligton was hobbled and Fitz didn't play.

On the O side Hawks had a blocked FG and a ticky tack holding call that moved RW's run to the 9 back to the 19. We moved the ball pretty effectively and burned 4+ minutes at the end and took a knee inside the Cards 5 yd line at the end. We moved the ball quite well but settled for FGs. This is typical Cards D bend but don't break similar to the Hawks last year.

Now if both teams had capitalized on their redzone opportunities the score would have been more like 30 - 10. The Hawks had their opportunities but the Cards didn't. I don't see this changing with Lindley under center.

I think the Vegas line with Hawks -8 is accurate. If it plays out similar to the first game I see at least a 2 score victory for the Hawks. Hawks only lose if they beat themselves.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
devilhawk88":1tvbi00f said:
So let me do the math, the cards can beat us with their defense besting our offense so:
Cards D > Hawks O.
But inversely the Hawks D can beat the cards O so:
Hawks D > cards O.
Now comparing the two offenses I think everyone excepts that the Hawks are better so:
Hawks O > cards O.
And for defense we are imperically better so:
Hawks D > Cards D.
So tell me again how we don't win? We are worried about random variables like fumbles and special team gaffes. Why has the variable of our defense scoring off turn overs from a QB that has 7ints and 0 TD's?
We are better and I won't participate in negative self talk.
GO HAWKS
Arians is shrewd for sure, but to believe that he can get his Offense to surprise, and stun the Seahawks defense with multiple tricks, is being totally unrealistic.
The Seahawks Defense would have to come out flat, and play THIS game uninspired for Brooks theory to have any merit.
With the way that the Seahawks Defense has been playing since the healthy return of both Wagner & Chancellor, the Cards will be lucky to not be dealt a shut out.