Browner 1 year suspension is for substance abuse per NFL

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
Browners tweet that he wasn't being suspended for PED's was a shining example of the Word of the Week.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cut him. Cut Thurmond too. There has to be consequences when a team gives you multiple chances. On top of that, the FO gave BB a raise this fall to unofficially cover the money he lost during his suspension last year. So what does he do? He screws his team that took him off the street and made him a Pro Bowler. I never want to see him in a Seahawk uniform again.

hawker84

Reaction score
i'm done with this dude, couldn't care less if it was PED's or PCP....Maxwell you're up.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I dont think we see the guy in the NFL again. Unless some team at this time next year has two injured Corners, and BB is not back in the CFL already.

certainly not in a Hawks uniform. I feel bad for all the guys wearing new Nike Browner Jerseys.

BamKam

Reaction score
5280Hawk":1efyk2yg said:
I dont think we see the guy in the NFL again. Unless some team at this time next year has two injured Corners, and BB is not back in the CFL already.

certainly not in a Hawks uniform. I feel bad for all the guys wearing new Nike Browner Jerseys.

Disagree.

I think we will see him in the NFL again, just not on the Seahawks and more than likely as a backup on a team with a thin secondary.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
5280Hawk":26jwdnaw said:
I feel bad for all the guys wearing new Nike Browner Jerseys.

If you are going to spend money on a soon-to-be 30-year old CB in the last year of his contract on a young team like the Seahawks then that's your own fault.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3d95117m said:
Cut him. Cut Thurmond too. There has to be consequences when a team gives you multiple chances. On top of that, the FO gave BB a raise this fall to unofficially cover the money he lost during his suspension last year. So what does he do? He screws his team that took him off the street and made him a Pro Bowler. I never want to see him in a Seahawk uniform again.

Can't cut Browner, he's a free agent after the season so a year long suspension would go into his free agency.

Appleegg1

Reaction score
Cut em? Really? Dude, you don't even know who else on the team has flunked drug tests and are in the program, awaiting suspension on their next failed test.

Really? Cut em? Might as well cut half the league, plenty guys smoke in the off-season and quit before their scheduled test.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Browner is an idiot. I sure hope he saved his money because I'm guessing his career is over.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If Browner gains 25lbs, and keep off the dope he would be a damn good linebacker.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
He's as good as gone - you can't keep a roster spot open for a year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Appleegg1":1u2yojwf said:
Cut em? Really? Dude, you don't even know who else on the team has flunked drug tests and are in the program, awaiting suspension on their next failed test.

Really? Cut em? Might as well cut half the league, plenty guys smoke in the off-season and quit before their scheduled test.

I see, and did all these guys get busted multiple times after their team gave them second chances? And after their team gave them a raise?

After Bruce Irvin's mistake and the big players only meeting? Not only did he insult Pete and John, but he has put this team at risk, he has put every player on this team that has busted their ass for years to get to the possibility of a Superbowl at risk. He burned his team mates.

Yes, cut him, as soon as the suspension becomes official.

And yes, you can cut Browner, he is still under contract, a contract that can be terminated.

Edit hope this doesn't cost us draft picks: NFL Sanctions thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80795

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He won't be paid and can't be around the team through the end of his contract. "Cutting" him would be a functionally meaningless act. Not even sure it's possible, especially if he's injured to boot.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Here's an anology:

"Hey Absolut, we have this incredible job for you - you will get paid a million dollars a year to be a video game tester and rate smokin hot massage therapists with twice daily massages. Only catch, you can't smoke weed. We will test you for it, I promise you that, so don't smoke it. If you do, you're fired and don't get millions of dollars to play a game and get free massages."

How the hell he decided to smoke weed is beyond me.

Is he suspended until this time next year, or is he suspended for 16 games? Would a team have to sign him and let him sit out 16 games, or will he just be signed for week 13 next year somewhere?

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
Here's another analogy...

"I won't get caught".
Prisons are full of people who said this.

When you take a kid who grew up with NOTHING and give him millions there will be a vast number of opportunities for excess.
See Marshawn's response to his critics in the recent sports interview. I daresay that few here would survive the transition from going hungry as a child to fortune and fame.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
Add in the psychological feeling of invincibility that's spoon-fed to athletes by the coaching staff...

plus the possibility of legal confusion for the WA and CO football planers.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Rocket":1akljq64 said:
Add in the psychological feeling of invincibility that's spoon-fed to athletes by the coaching staff...

plus the possibility of legal confusion for the WA and CO football planers.

I'm sorry but that last line is BS. These guys know its banned in the NFL, just like I know my employer will can my ass if I smoke weed.