Browner 1 year suspension is for substance abuse per NFL

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawkFan72":8xpueuco said:
brimsalabim":8xpueuco said:
fwiw Browner maintains that he has not been using and that he has not failed a test. He was put into the system by Denver because of college trouble. He did not continue with the NFL system after he was let go. His attorney claims that this is about Browner not participating in the NFL system while he played ball in Canada. If this is at all true I am sorry for comments I have made and I hope Paul Allen has a staff of attorney's working on this.

Where have you read this? I have been looking and can't find this info.

I linked it back on page 7. The write up explains a lot but if this is the case then why now?

stack600

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3c1lbyiv said:
brimsalabim":3c1lbyiv said:

It's unconscionable of the NFL to proceed with this without taking those extenuating circumstances into account. If they don't rescind his suspension on appeal they will wind up paying a monster settlement for lost earning capability and NFL fans will have been deprived of one the leagues more entertaining members in the interim.
Bob you had it back a few pages...Exactly why he will win..........

Exittium

Reaction score
That video posted i couldn't actually stop laughing when he said weed.. idk it just sounded awkward enough to be funny?

HawkWow

Reaction score
One of the things in the case of Browner, that kinda' pissed me off with him, was his twitter crap whining about the NFL. To paraphrase "There is no truth to this story. I am NOT looking at a suspension for PEDS, it is upsetting the NFL would say such a thing".

If you're like me, what he did was inspired hope (with his half-truth).

Instead, he was being intentionally vague if not deceptive. Knowing he was done for a year, and likely as a Hawk, a better man would have said "My actions are regretful and I did make a mistake, but I am not guilty of using PEDS as erroneously reported by the NFL".

Sometimes a man has to be just that and own his transgressions. Crucial step to betterment.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
plyka":23gp0s6p said:
c_hawkbob":23gp0s6p said:
brimsalabim":23gp0s6p said:

It's unconscionable of the NFL to proceed with this without taking those extenuating circumstances into account. If they don't rescind his suspension on appeal they will wind up paying a monster settlement for lost earning capability and NFL fans will have been deprived of one the leagues more entertaining members in the interim.

I really hope you're right, but I'm not sure. Remember, we are not talking about a normal business here, we are talking about the NFL. The NFL is a monopoly, a cabal of sorts that has worked out a deal with the government. No other legitimate business could get away with it, as we remember the government hassling Microsoft for its "monopoly" which wasn't a real monopoly. The NFL has a deal with Government, they have the ability to run a monopoly/cabal, but the players get some say through a union. I'm not sure how court cases are handled with cabals such as the NFL.

mikeak":23gp0s6p said:
c_hawkbob":23gp0s6p said:
And as far as all the moral outrage, save it.

Hardly seen any moral outrage whatsoever.

People are arguing that he shouldn't have smoked weed because it is an illegal substance in the NFL. He got busted twice for it and should have known what was coming next. Don't give a rip if my friends smoke it but doesn't make it right for Browner to smoke it

I think you're a little late on the news. Browner has never been busted twice on it, and this is not his third "bust." Browner was no longer in the NFL, he was not even in the stinking country. He was in the CFL, and thus no longer took tests. This somehow bumbed him to "stage 3" even though he never failed a test. Now that he has failed 1 test they suspend him for a year, while Dwayne Bowe gets a DUI a couple weeks ago, putting other people at risk of injury or death, is busted BY THE COPS for having weed in his car --and he plays the next week, and he will play this week as well. Yet Browner due to technicalities in the rule book which make no sense is going to lose his career over this 1 mess up? Are you Fing kidding me?
Yeah, I read that article today too, and it pisses me off to no end.
The League needs to fix THEIR f-ups, and get things fixed.
Browner might as well get a lawyer (even if it takes a Year) and sue the shit out of the guys that are targeting him, while letting others slide.
Browner has stated emphatically that he won't even drink a beer, because he's tried to rebuild his image, and keep his blood clean.
It's bad enough that he's going to lose a bunch of money, and because of his age, he'll be losing valuable playing time in the boot.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Except that he also says that he didn't do anything else wrong. No weed, no beers, nothing. Did you read the article? I'm thinking not. How the hell can the NFL possibly punish somebody for not following the agreed-upon testing when the person not only isn't in the NFL, but also isn't in the NFLPA (since he isn't in the NFL)? What does a labor agreement between a union and an employer have to do with someone who isn't in the union and doesn't work for the employer either? According to that logic, I'M IN THE NFL'S STAGE THREE DRUG PROGRAM! Caps for emphasis, because apparently lots of people here need it. What's wrong with you people?

warden

Reaction score
Somehow I get the feeling that the league is trying to pluck us

scutterhawk

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":b1t1njny said:
This is why I love BB:

1zlzq7r_jpg_medium.gif

100% effort 100% of the time! Yes he'll get beat occasionally but when he's used properly guys have a real hard time getting into their routs initially against him 'cause he's just so physical at the line.

I'm not gonna stop being a fan of his even if he never plays another down as a Seahawk, the guy's a stud on the field.
Got any room on that Browner band wagon?, if so I'm on board. :th2thumbs:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkWow":33j4lbkd said:
One of the things in the case of Browner, that kinda' pissed me off with him, was his twitter crap whining about the NFL. To paraphrase "There is no truth to this story. I am NOT looking at a suspension for PEDS, it is upsetting the NFL would say such a thing".

If you're like me, what he did was inspired hope (with his half-truth).

Instead, he was being intentionally vague if not deceptive. Knowing he was done for a year, and likely as a Hawk, a better man would have said "My actions are regretful and I did make a mistake, but I am not guilty of using PEDS as erroneously reported by the NFL".

Sometimes a man has to be just that and own his transgressions. Crucial step to betterment.

But he's saying he doesn't smoke. Is worried about even having a beer because of the tests. So he has to run with that line whether its true or not

Edit: a couple posters above beat me to it

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
scutterhawk":vovm0qld said:
c_hawkbob":vovm0qld said:
This is why I love BB:

1zlzq7r_jpg_medium.gif

100% effort 100% of the time! Yes he'll get beat occasionally but when he's used properly guys have a real hard time getting into their routs initially against him 'cause he's just so physical at the line.

I'm not gonna stop being a fan of his even if he never plays another down as a Seahawk, the guy's a stud on the field.
Got any room on that Browner band wagon?, if so I'm on board. :th2thumbs:

Of course, climb aboard!

mikeak

Reaction score
A positive test is a positive test. If it gets thrown out fine if not guilty and should get suspended.

BUT I agree 4 games not season

DavidSeven

Reaction score
mikeak":25prcjqs said:
A positive test is a positive test. If it gets thrown out fine if not guilty and should get suspended.

You need to re-read the substance abuse policy. One positive test does not result in a suspension under normal circumstances.

mikeak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":12azmx2c said:
mikeak":12azmx2c said:

You need to re-read the substance abuse policy. One positive test does not result in a suspension under normal circumstances.

He was already entered into the program due to pre-nfl concerns. My understanding is you get 4 games in that case.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Is the NFL targeting the Hawks? Are they trying to tell us, they don't want this team to win the SB?

irocdave

Reaction score
My guess is Browner and Thurmond wind up being poster children for this tune. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1C0RVfQGS4

If what is being proposed as an excuse for Browner it sucks for him. Wonder when he knew, maybe when Pete benched him a couple of games ago?

Browner has appeared to be subdued for several weeks.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1yg6ep6q said:
This is why I love BB:

1zlzq7r_jpg_medium.gif

That play is the essence of the LOB.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3fcoam62 said:
Is the NFL targeting the Hawks? Are they trying to tell us, they don't want this team to win the SB?

The NFL Commissioner would swear on a stack of Bibles that anyone in his office is trying to effect the Seahawk's outcome in the Playoffs or the SB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mikeak":2dprtp4w said:

Failing; one substance abuse text doesn't equal any type of suspension. Thank God the truth is coming out (a witchhunt on Browner). I request a seat on the bus Bob.