Browner on his way out of New Orleans

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Browner has such a physical presence that I would welcome him back as great depth. Carroll seems to recognize how to utilize him correctly. One of my favorite plays of the current era was his pick six against the Giants. That's when I knew this team was close to being very good.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling based on how he left with the suspension that he will not be a realistic option.

I should also say I'd only be interested in him for a cheap price (2 mil or so).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I cannot be rational about Browner.

One of my favorite Seahawks ever. Put Him, Kam and Lynch together as three guys I am saddened to watch or even think about, vanish from this team.

I am hoping he goes somewhere like the Jets or Bills, where they would use him right.

I wish there was some way to bring him back, hell Browner even now couldn't be worse than rolling CJ out there.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think he's better than any corner we have for that side, sans maybe Lane. If I thought for a second you could rely on him, I'd bring him back.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Isnt he like 40 years old now? Sometimes you just gotta move on guys... the Seahawks did two years ago

crosfam

Reaction score
Worth a vet minimum contract and a steak dinner if he wants to win another SB. Adds infectious toughness, even if he is just ST and certain goal line & short yardage packages.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bring him back for a look see,if he has anything sign him up for a year and if not retire him as a Hawk

Subzero717

Reaction score
I would. I feel like we havent been as physical as we have been. He would bring that back. I also believe he was coached horribly in NO.

xgeoff

Reaction score
uncle fester":3gdjcqi1 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/brandon-browner-says-an-apparent-goodbye-to-new-orleans/

Anyone in favor of bringing him back & moving him to safety? Or is that too much work for the sake of it?
Good no, he was awful last year. Rates worst cb in football. Someone should move him to lb or safety

RichNhansom

Reaction score
xgeoff":3crya4ic said:
uncle fester":3crya4ic said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/brandon-browner-says-an-apparent-goodbye-to-new-orleans/

Anyone in favor of bringing him back & moving him to safety? Or is that too much work for the sake of it?
Good no, he was awful last year. Rates worst cb in football. Someone should move him to lb or safety

LB or SS would be great. I would love to see him cover TE's. An area we suddenly need help with.

The guy is an enforcer and plays ST's too. I would love to see him back in the LOB. It really would be the LOB again.

Schadie001

Reaction score
It has probably been said but I'll say it again. There are some players that just do well in certain systems with certain other players around them. Yes, Browner takes some penalties but he also beats the hell out of WR's at the LOS. I would be more than happy to have him back because he played well in our system with Kam and Thomas behind him. We just have a system that can make even mediocre CB look good, ala Maxwell, who many would have given a ton to keep and was flat aweful in Philly. Brandon will be cheap, wants to come back and rejoin the LOB and plays well in our system.

OP
OP
uncle fester

uncle fester

Reaction score
xgeoff":casjxddz said:
uncle fester":casjxddz said:

Umm... Did you read the question you quoted? :)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Schadie001":1b27r813 said:
It has probably been said but I'll say it again. There are some players that just do well in certain systems with certain other players around them. Yes, Browner takes some penalties but he also beats the hell out of WR's at the LOS. I would be more than happy to have him back because he played well in our system with Kam and Thomas behind him. We just have a system that can make even mediocre CB look good, ala Maxwell, who many would have given a ton to keep and was flat aweful in Philly. Brandon will be cheap, wants to come back and rejoin the LOB and plays well in our system.

Now we just need Philly to release Maxwell (and I think they might) and bring them both back on the cheap how dirty would that be?

massari

Reaction score
Would it help if he's used strictly against big receivers or is that how he was already used in New Orleans and struggled?