Brutal honesty

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2wzxqn5x said:
minormillikin":2wzxqn5x said:
We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

If we lose at home next week to the hapless 9ers, I'll join you in your gloom and doom.

Until then:
"Relax."

I could POSSIBLY rock with this if this game was some sort of outlier. We didn't score 1 TOUCHDOWN on offense. Not ONE. This shit is a certified TREND now. If you are able to 'relax' then pm me your doctor's info. Our offensive skill players are just rotting away like that old pear in the corner of your fridge.
Yes, the Seahawks will win the NFC west. But what is that REALLY even saying.
We either shake this mess up NOW, or wait until Doug is tired and walks, Russ is on his 2nd knee replacement, Jimmy is bye bye next season...and alot of others. Yeah, I need whatever you take to relax.
Or we just come out and beat the Niners to start an early winning streak. Easy enough.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Siouxhawk":38clen7i said:
hgwellz12":38clen7i said:
minormillikin":38clen7i said:
We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

If we lose at home next week to the hapless 9ers, I'll join you in your gloom and doom.

Until then:
"Relax."

I could POSSIBLY rock with this if this game was some sort of outlier. We didn't score 1 TOUCHDOWN on offense. Not ONE. This shit is a certified TREND now. If you are able to 'relax' then pm me your doctor's info. Our offensive skill players are just rotting away like that old pear in the corner of your fridge.
Yes, the Seahawks will win the NFC west. But what is that REALLY even saying.
We either shake this mess up NOW, or wait until Doug is tired and walks, Russ is on his 2nd knee replacement, Jimmy is bye bye next season...and alot of others. Yeah, I need whatever you take to relax.
Or we just come out and beat the Niners to start an early winning streak. Easy enough.

Beating the ninets is like getting excited my son could walk by a year old. Are you really serious, man? For what it's worth, if we don't score a td on offense next week we might actually lose to the damn niners :|

peppersjap

Reaction score
mikeak":1hauyt98 said:
Bevell does not get a free pass. Learn to work with the constraints you have

Screens, quick passes, rolling out the QB etc all work
Completely agree. When they went fast tempo things worked. They didn't even give the running game a chance the 1st drive. I really like what I see when Carson is on the field. Nothing against Lacy but he just doesn't have the athleticism to make something happen if the hole isn't there. Carson made a great 3 yard run where he ran about 20 purely because he is an athlete.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm not defending Cable at all, but Bevell is the larger problem. He can call plays that try to compensate for our crappy O-line and almost never does. We've got the most mobile QB in the league, but if someone actually tracked the stats on designed bootlegs, we'd probably be in the bottom quarter of the league in terms of percentage.

It's absurd...and so frustrating to watch year, after year, after year, after year.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It's been closed. Each of the last two seasons the Hawks have been annihilated by a better team in the second round of the playoffs. They aren't elite anymore. This squad as constituted won't win any more championships.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2j6z2oxh said:
It's been closed. Each of the last two seasons the Hawks have been annihilated by a better team in the second round of the playoffs. They aren't elite anymore. This squad as constituted won't win any more championships.

I'll be genuinely SHOCKED if we make it to round 2 of the playoffs. Our schedule will have Bevell over confident in his ass backwards play calling. When we win its IN SPITE of anything that guy does.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Never been in the "Fire Bevell" crowd that's been roaming around the board for a few years. But, after last season and what I watched today it just feels like the Bevell/Cable combination has grown stale. IMO a change from these two would've been good move this last offseason. I hope I'm wrong.

Gio

Reaction score
First of all credits to our D ! I really liked our DLine , how Richardson played with Bennett and rest of the guys. For sure we allowed few long passed , but we rushed the passer well and i enjoyed it. As for the offense , we suck ! People say about offensive line and how much pressure has every game. Did you see what pressure AR15 had ??? I know our offensive line sucks but some plays we blocked well and we still didnt do ANYTHING ! You are near the endzone and you dont use Lacy ? Isnt this the reason you got him ? If our D has to play 50 minutes out of 60 , excuse me but they WILL allow pts as good as they are. We need a change and ASAP ! This offense is really bad. But chill , maybe we step up sometime , but with this team , we dont have a chance for another SB. :irishdrinkers:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Our D has enough talent to be this teams solution. Bring the dogs (or dragons if you like). Can we start making some turnovers? This Defense has so much talent it is ridiculous.

Yet, Seattle is hell bent on sending 4 pass rushers for 90% of the game. We are using a mere capacity of this, possibly, unbelievable great defense. I saw it, did anyone else!? Can we grow a pair here and take some chances. The tragedy now is not the illegitimacy of our offense it is the non usage of our D. Set them free man!

We have the talent to win a SB this year, can we use it please?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":ybrr3x93 said:
Our D has enough talent to be this teams solution. Bring the dogs (or dragons if you like). Can we start making some turnovers? This Defense has so much talent it is ridiculous.

Yet, Seattle is hell bent on sending 4 pass rushers for 90% of the game. We are using a mere capacity of this, possibly, unbelievable great defense. I saw it, did anyone else!? Can we grow a pair here and take some chances. The tragedy now is not the illegitimacy of our offense it is the non usage of our D. Set them free man!

We have the talent to win a SB this year, can we use it please?

No. Not with the the guys holding clipboards.

I look at it like this :
You could have a disassembled, Farrari f430 sitting in your garage. Every last bolt.
The guys helping you build?
One is holding the instruction manual and gets to the part saying SPECIFICALLY to use the provided torque wrench and he's like "eh, naw, this pair of needle nose pliers will work just fine..."

The other guy, in charge of the chassis is all like "you know, I once installed a Chevy Nova undercarriage in my GTO when I was at that Garage down in Oakland. Let's put this Accord one on. I can make it work, I promise! Besides, it'll still have the cool paddle shifters on the steering wheel!"

And finally, the guy in charge of the drive train. He likes the monstrous ft ponds of torque so, "eh, no need for the nitrous bottle. Too aggressive. By the way, where's the governor, again? Let's turn that up some..."

It's maddening! :pukeface:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
hgwellz12":26evsky4 said:
Missing_Clink":26evsky4 said:

I'll be genuinely SHOCKED if we make it to round 2 of the playoffs. Our schedule will have Bevell over confident in his ass backwards play calling. When we win its IN SPITE of anything that guy does.

This is what I have always believed.

themunn

Reaction score
It could be worse, you could be the defending superbowl champs, who just game up 42 points AT HOME.

Guess Tom Brady's window is finally closed after 1 game too.

And before you say "ah but that's their defense, look at their offense", let's not forget that New England finished NUMBER 1 in points allowed last year

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
minormillikin":3es6ohjb said:

Until then:
"Relax."

We lost an exceedingly winnable game for no reason other than the abysmal play of the offensive line, which has been a trend for years now. But sure, we can pretend this is an aberration.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Christ alive this place sucks.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":zmrh00uv said:
I'm not defending Cable at all, but Bevell is the larger problem. He can call plays that try to compensate for our crappy O-line and almost never does. We've got the most mobile QB in the league, but if someone actually tracked the stats on designed bootlegs, we'd probably be in the bottom quarter of the league in terms of percentage.

It's absurd...and so frustrating to watch year, after year, after year, after year.

This is exactly how I felt the last few years, but what we saw yesterday was diffferent. It was an absolute abomination of 5 guys pretending to be an offensive line. I don't think it's possible to scheme around that, especially with Carroll's protect the ball philosophy resulting in Wilson's unwillingness to throw a receiver open.

When the reins come off, and Wilson is allowed to run a higher risk offense, he looks like an entirely different QB on an entirely different offense. Bevel has to be given some of the credit for how good this offense looks in those situations (when Cable's influence on the game plan is taken off the table).

Maybe this argues against my point that you can't scheme around this bad of an offensive line, but I would argue that you can't maintain that pace for an entire game, and part of the efffectiveness is catching the defense a bit off guard. If you ran the entire game like that, they would adjust.

As the years go by, I'm more and more convinced that the problem lies squarely on the shoulders of Cable, and, by extension, Carrol who's philosophy, and unwillingness to move on from Cable, is costing this team.

Just like our offensive line, Bevel and the offense only need to be average to allow our historic defense to dominate the league. I think Bevel is average to below average, but that's not enough when the line is such a travesty.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The brutal honesty is that it's one game in the season and we're a team that historically learns to adjust and gets better as the season wears on. Being in the playoffs 5 years in a row is a testament to that.

Fans have the right to freak out if they want to, but they are the outliers. Some have unreasonable assumptions that the Hawks should win every week. It's the "noise" that Pete often speaks of. The real team is bonded and perseveres, their mission undeterred and focused. It's the Seahawk way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, they were in the game the entire time, w/in one score. 7 points taken off the board on ridiculous penalties that not only did the announcers say were bad, but the former head of officials said they were wrong. Then later on Graham gets mugged, no call, of course. Instead of 1st and goal at the 1, we have to settle for 3. That's 11 right there.
O Line was painful to watch, and Cable is so overrated. That being said, they have looked bad in openers often. If people want to say they're not a contender, so be it. It's all in how you look at it.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I cant stand all this talk of we were in the game and we lost to the packers on the road so whats the big deal. the big deal is the offense was pure garbage. I don't care if we lost by the same exact score but you have to move the ball. does no one realize the difference in moving the ball to mid field numerous times, getting 3 first downs every drive and then having to punt versus 3 and out all day and being 4th and 12, 4th and 15. a lot of possessions we lost yards instead of gaining even a single yard. its pathetic. not like the packers lit it up offensively. take away the 7 points Wilson handed them and they only score 10. but at least with those 10 they moved the ball to flip the field position and chewed up clock. they didn't look inept, they just looked like a team playing a great defense but were still able to control the game and accomplish things. Seattle was the exact opposite of that.

sutz

Reaction score
You know the real "beauty" of up-tempo offense? If you go 3 and out, you get your defense back on the field 3 minutes sooner.

:34853_doh:

Sometimes I wonder why people bother. :229031_shrug: