Business Week - 49ers' new stadium is a dud

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":27zkkjmb said:
Sarlacc83":27zkkjmb said:
There is documented evidence that if you believe you will love something, you will. It's the mind's way of covering disappointment. Contrary opinions then set off a natural defense lest the facts get in.

You're referring to confirmation bias, and it's as applicable to a 9ers fan quoting an article saying the new stadium is a marvel as it is to a bunch of Hawks fans having a circle jerk over an article saying that the soft open was a mess. :lol:

Here, Clean up in Santa Clara !

Need to Train the new Staff anyway.

8 wfj70v2gAsWDDFH5Uha758VN17 TSznWCEcUL6oLmANc5Bvg

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3wsbjtxd said:
Guys place is terrible, I highly recommend any Hawks fans should do themselves a favor and just avoid the place like the plague.

That's what I'm sayin'.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3t1n2kk5 said:
Sourdough #49":3t1n2kk5 said:
Guys place is terrible, I highly recommend any Hawks fans should do themselves a favor and just avoid the place like the plague.

*holds up mic*

How insecure does it make you feel to have the urge to try and prevent Seahawks fans from attending your home games in hopes of producing crowd noise that'll get the Seahawks offense to eventually realize they're playing a road game?

What'chu talkin' about!?! The place is garbage heap. Worthless.

Now you are suggesting agreeing with peeps here is just us having an ulterior motive?

HOGWASH!!!

(Methinks you are taking us too seriously. :D )

NorCal

Reaction score
I'm confused as to how the author could've made such a judgment on Levi's. There hasn't even been a real game held there yet.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NorCal":15rvgal2 said:
I'm confused as to how the author could've made such a judgment on Levi's. There hasn't even been a real game held there yet.
Doesn't stop most of the 49ers from predicting that Seattle will go 8-8 this year, not having seen one game yet.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NorCal":2zd0o4w6 said:
Are you sure you are confused? You seem befuddled to me.

Let me explain. No, that is too slow. Let me sum up.
40,000 soccer fans: 2 hour wait in traffic.
70,000 football fans: maybe more than 2 hours?

NorCal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1iycfvr0 said:
NorCal":1iycfvr0 said:
Doesn't stop most of the 49ers from predicting that Seattle will go 8-8 this year, not having seen one game yet.

Nor most of the Hawks fans and their annual predictions of the decline of the 49ers. The stadium is nice and will be just fine. It is a huge accomplishment to have actually built the stadium in California, and in one of the most expensive areas at that. There is a reason that this is the first NFL stadium to be built in CA in something like 50 years.

NorCal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":gmxfyqsg said:
NorCal":gmxfyqsg said:

Let me add some tidbits the author failed to mention.

- The lightrail station is being expanded and is not quite ready yet. It is supposed to be by the 9ers home opener.
- Great America (the amusement park next door) was open and even hosting an appreciation day for entrants to include fireworks. Thus, the parking lot used by Great America was not available and added a lot of people to the area. Great America will be closed on gamedays.
- There will be a lot more fans using public transportation on 9er gamedays, as there will be extra trains and buses utilized.

Also, this was a soft launch. Isn't one of the purposes of said launch to be able to see problems and adjust accordingly? Traffic direction will be addressed. It might not ever be "great" but it will be better than it was this last Saturday.

And I stand by my point that there hasn't been a real game there yet.

Also, points to you for the Inigo reference.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NorCal":1cmu8gdr said:
Scottemojo":1cmu8gdr said:
NorCal":1cmu8gdr said:

- The lightrail station is being expanded and is not quite ready yet. It is supposed to be by the 9ers home opener.
- Great America (the amusement park next door) was open and even hosting an appreciation day for entrants to include fireworks. Thus, the parking lot used by Great America was not available and added a lot of people to the area. Great America will be closed on gamedays.
- There will be a lot more fans using public transportation on 9er gamedays, as there will be extra trains and buses utilized.

Also, this was a soft launch. Isn't one of the purposes of said launch to be able to see problems and adjust accordingly? Traffic direction will be addressed. It might not ever be "great" but it will be better than it was this last Saturday.

To be honest, every stadium I have been to has been awful to leave. Except the C-Link, and I stay in a hotel and walk back afterwards. I used to live an hour and a half north of Phoenix, and there were games where the drive home was shorter than the wait to get out of the parking lot. I finally learned to park at a school 2 miles from the stadium, it was hella faster.

The two preseason games should be good test runs.

irocdave

Reaction score
Marvin49":19q4hj34 said:
peachesenregalia":19q4hj34 said:
Marvin49":19q4hj34 said:
GASP!

Traffic. Gee, I guess that's why they essentially scheduled practice events to work out those issues.

Dude got what he wanted...bunch of mouse clicks. I've been in the stadium for the Open House. It's anything but a dud. Dudes a moron.

There are always kinks with a new venue. If you guys like tho I can show you a zillion other accounts if peeps who love the new digs and have said its LOUD. The Suite tower reflects sound directly to the field.

Now I know you guys are gonna say I'm just sticking my head in the sand, but peeps, I've been in the building. I couldn't be happier.

Let's see here, you denied, and deflected....and you discredited. Textbook.

...and you predictably said I denied, deflected and discredited. I think you need a new line homey.

So funny...one guy has an issue with the stadium during the intentionally soft opening and you guys are all over it like piranhas. LOL. You entertain me so. :D

You guys say I'M predictable. I saw that article several hours ago...and I KNEW some Seattle fan would be incapable of stopping themselves from posting it here. LOL.]

LOL, you mean like that hate map I posted on here a couple of days ago? Took just a smidge over two hours before that got posted on the zone. Pot, kettle.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":99ovy1ej said:
NorCal":99ovy1ej said:
Scottemojo":99ovy1ej said:
NorCal":99ovy1ej said:

To be honest, every stadium I have been to has been awful to leave. Except the C-Link, and I stay in a hotel and walk back afterwards. I used to live an hour and a half north of Phoenix, and there were games where the drive home was shorter than the wait to get out of the parking lot. I finally learned to park at a school 2 miles from the stadium, it was hella faster.

The two preseason games should be good test runs.

...and that's kinda the whole point.

They have been ramping up to get ready....

First the Open House last Friday where there were 28k people. Then the Quakes Sounders Game with 48K people.

Then a two week delay, 2 preseason games on back to back sundays and then another full 3 weeks before the Sunday Night opener.

As norcal mentioned....they have been building a light rail pocket station to allow three full 3 car trains to essentially just park there and take off right after games. That pocket won't be completed until just before the first preseason game.

Also....Great America is reported to have released a huge number of peeps from an event at the same time the Quakes Sounders game was ending. That won't be an issue for football.

Moreover, 90% of the fans going to the game didn't have parking passes and effectively drove into the area blind with no idea where they were going to park and had to stop to pay to get into the lots. For games, 12K of the 24K parking spots (estimated they'll use 18K ish) are pre purchased parking passes with instructions on the best way to access each lot (hint, Avoid Tasman and Great America Pkwy).

There is a bunch of stuff to work out still...but peeps in the Bay are WAY, WAY overreacting.

The funny part is the people who are annoyed about the commute from the SF area...as if South Bay residents (with a larger population and a larger % of season tix holders) haven't been making thattrip for 40+ years.

Wait...what am I saying...uh...err......traffic is a nightmare. Especially for people from the Pacific Northwest. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
irocdave":32fx02vg said:
Marvin49":32fx02vg said:
peachesenregalia":32fx02vg said:
Marvin49":32fx02vg said:
GASP!

Traffic. Gee, I guess that's why they essentially scheduled practice events to work out those issues.

Dude got what he wanted...bunch of mouse clicks. I've been in the stadium for the Open House. It's anything but a dud. Dudes a moron.

There are always kinks with a new venue. If you guys like tho I can show you a zillion other accounts if peeps who love the new digs and have said its LOUD. The Suite tower reflects sound directly to the field.

Now I know you guys are gonna say I'm just sticking my head in the sand, but peeps, I've been in the building. I couldn't be happier.

Let's see here, you denied, and deflected....and you discredited. Textbook.

...and you predictably said I denied, deflected and discredited. I think you need a new line homey.

So funny...one guy has an issue with the stadium during the intentionally soft opening and you guys are all over it like piranhas. LOL. You entertain me so. :D

You guys say I'M predictable. I saw that article several hours ago...and I KNEW some Seattle fan would be incapable of stopping themselves from posting it here. LOL.]

LOL, you mean like that hate map I posted on here a couple of days ago? Took just a smidge over two hours before that got posted on the zone. Pot, kettle.

Right...because a map of BOTH our teams hate spots is exactly the same as a Bay Area article about the 49ers stadium. OK.

Dude..he even admitted to posting it to get a rise out of me. LOL.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NorCal":urd2q3wh said:
Nor most of the Hawks fans and their annual predictions of the decline of the 49ers. The stadium is nice and will be just fine. It is a huge accomplishment to have actually built the stadium in California, and in one of the most expensive areas at that. There is a reason that this is the first NFL stadium to be built in CA in something like 50 years.

Their annual predictions of decline? Where did this come from? "Most" of the Hawks fans?

I do not get that impression at all, other than a few members basing their opinions on the possible and not the likely I read that the Niners aren't going anywhere. There is no annual prediction of decline, the Niners have only been a decent team for 3 of the 12 seasons the division has been configured. So what is it that Seahawks fans are supposed to think anyways? Worship the 2 year legacy the Niners had prior to the Hawks taking it for the 6th time in 10 years?

Of course the stadium will be fine. I didn't get a lot of folks saying it wouldn't be, the OP was published material, not a seahawks.net message board post. But there is a lot of hype surrounding something fairly trivial. I do not see it as an accomplishment, I see it as a requirement if the Niner organization wanted to get into the latest era of football. There is nothing wrong with talking shit about the Niners on a Seahawks message board.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP YOU GET WIFI AT YOUR STADIUM. GOOD THING YOU SPENT 1.3BILLION NINEROOS TO GET WIFI AT YOUR STADIUM. THIS IS TOTALLY NOT SOMETHING YOU COULD RETROFIT FOR A FEW MILLION. YOU ALSO CAN'T BUILD A NEW SCOREBOARD EITHER (oh wait, the Mariners just spent $10M on a new one).

This stadium is disgusting and I'd be embarrassed if that was my team's place to play. It has nothing to do with it being a SF team (AT&T is one of my top 3 MLB stadiums). The Niners and SC had an opportunity to create a playground for the tech elite, instead they built a sandbox for the homeless.

ORDERING FOOD ON AN APP. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS CAN'T POSSIBLY BE DONE ANYWHERE ELSE.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NorCal":67fh9eyq said:
Nor most of the Hawks fans and their annual predictions of the decline of the 49ers.

Now you're just being a hater when facts dictate otherwise. Go read the "Will the 49ers make the playoffs?" thread where almost everyone says yes and they ridicule the few that say no.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :)

irocdave

Reaction score
This thread cracks me up. Niner fans on typical autodefense about their precious and Hawk fans picking away at them. Like everything else, the truth is found in the middle. 1.2 billion is just crazy though. What was the LEED status achieved? You do know that basically the tax payers paid for a feather in the architects hat right? Green roof on a stadium? WTF, how much rain does that area get a year? Didn't see large roof areas in the pics.Green roof means it is uninhabitable and has plants on it. Plants, dirt, tree roots all things you want to keep off of a surface that is occupied below if your paying for it long term. LEED....LEED Silver, gold, platinum? How much rebar was sourced local? Better yet how much wood was sourced local, I mean FSC wood? Probably not much used in the finished product but half a forest was cut down for the concrete formwork materials.
Reuse of 85 % of claimed water, OK, back to my statement about little to no roof and very little rainfall. Is the storm water from the parking lots used by stadium parking being reused?

Do you know what is involved with LEED certification or are you just tossing this out because the PR pamphlet in your season ticket package mentioned it? I'm betting the latter....

Even the niner fans that try to not come across as passive aggressive cant hide it for long. The commonality of the webzone group ignorance complimented by arrogance always shines through. And you guys wonder why Hawk fans generally don't like you.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1jakkcyr said:
NorCal":1jakkcyr said:
Nor most of the Hawks fans and their annual predictions of the decline of the 49ers.

Now you're just being a hater when facts dictate otherwise. Go read the "Will the 49ers make the playoffs?" thread where almost everyone says yes and they ridicule the few that say no.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :)

I think he missed the 150 page thread on the whiner boards devoted to predicting our downfall. Not sure he'd have posted this if he'd seen it... would he? Nah, no way... would he?