Bye bye Haush

chris98251

Reaction score
Chapow":2hyz7aph said:
Uncle Si":2hyz7aph said:
So....

Blair Walsh is our kicker?

At the moment, it appears so.

On the other hand, it's March 9th. Hell of a long way to go until the final roster is set.

Yeah I'm sure we will have a draft (name your kicker) THREAD SOON.

Seymour

Reaction score
The Walsh competition scares the hell out of me. He likely will blow away any competition and we won't find out if he is over his high pressure - fold like a Kmart lawn chair, until big game time when it's too late to turn back.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3c3dyoky said:
WmHBonney":3c3dyoky said:
Say what you want but I think we're going to miss him.

I won't miss the 2016 version of him and his low kicks. Something got in his head last season.
Agreed ^ I think that's why we're moving on.
Good Luck 'Haush' :2thumbs:

Crizilla

Reaction score
oh the life of a kicker

if Haush makes that chip shot against ARZ, Seahawks get the 2 seed and probably to the NFC title game at least. Prob stays here too. At the same time Walsh gets a second chance. Buffalo got a good kicker, though. I thought Haush was the best kicker in the league for a bit.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":2woqv3om said:
oh the life of a kicker

if Haush makes that chip shot against ARZ, Seahawks get the 2 seed and probably to the NFC title game at least. Prob stays here too. At the same time Walsh gets a second chance. Buffalo got a good kicker, though. I thought Haush was the best kicker in the league for a bit.
I wonder if Carpenter's wife is now bad mouthing the Bills like she did Sherm when he made a little contact with him on the block attempt. Kickers have their wives fight their battles.

Chapow

Reaction score
Crizilla":3l5b02f4 said:
oh the life of a kicker

OTOH, if Catanzaro had made his chip shot, Hausch never even gets the opportunity at the game winning FG and we lose instead of tie. Don't forget how fortunate we were to not lose that game as Catanzaro had his chip shot chance before Hausch did.

I do agree with you though that Hausch was the best in the league for awhile there. Certainly not last season though.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
And Catanzaro wasn't tendered. That game was crucial for their livelihood with their employers last year.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2sgt34xj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JonRyan9/status/839962412774125569[/tweet]

LMAO....Gotta love Ryan.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hauschka was getting worse, and had the yips;a move was definately in order.

He started going downhill the prior season as his kicks were starting to get blocked.

I wish him luck in Buffalo and hope he can figure it out. I'm thankful for his time here.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Bottom line it was a desire to save $2-3 million......On top of his issues last year. Among the most consistent with range in the NFL for 2-3 years.

Always think of his days as Marshawn's roomie. The Beast and a dude with a BA in neuroscience. Thanks Hausch.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
Haush was a dependable kicker when he had a dependable snapper. Walsh is a WILDCARD. Could be really good.Could cost you a PLAYOFF game by missing an extra point type FG. I wish they would have just placed more value in the long snapper. Pete and John screwed this one up.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1w1rk6ab said:
So, with this business move, what effect does it have on our cap?

It makes zero difference to our cap as he was an UFA this year, so he didn't count anything towards the cap and we didn't owe him anything. Odds were, he was going to command a lot more money than a guy like Walsh (who has no guaranteed money in his signing) or a potential UDFA. How much we save depends pretty much on what the market was for him. Once you see whatever Buffalo paid him, then we see how much we are paying our kicker (once it's decided who that will be), then we will know about how much we saved going this route.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
One missed extra point distance kick in a crucial game diminishes any savings. I'm hoping the Seahawks find a FA solution better than Walsh. The Blair Walsh experiment could prove to be a disaster!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":2vijg7jp said:
Seahawkfan80":2vijg7jp said:

It makes zero difference to our cap as he was an UFA this year, so he didn't count anything towards the cap and we didn't owe him anything. Odds were, he was going to command a lot more money than a guy like Walsh (who has no guaranteed money in his signing) or a potential UDFA. How much we save depends pretty much on what the market was for him. Once you see whatever Buffalo paid him, then we see how much we are paying our kicker (once it's decided who that will be), then we will know about how much we saved going this route.

Thanks Kidhawk. Much appreciated. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
kidhawk":rme2igz9 said:
Seahawkfan80":rme2igz9 said:

Save money on Long Snapper lose two games, let the kicker go and sign one that cracked under pressure along with an inconsistent Snapper if we keep the cheap guy and not the guy we brought in due to injury.

Latest posts