Can anyone tell me why Adrian Peterson

netskier

Reaction score
Corporal refers to the body, as in physical punishment. It is not synonymous with brutality, but can include it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drrew":1ietkmfs said:
Don't know where you are from or where you have visited, but in Texas, especially smaller cities/towns like Palestine where Petersen is from, corporal punishment of a child isn't just accepted, it's expected.

Petersen actually faced more scrutiny and faced greater chargers for his actions than anyone else in that area would have faced for the exact same issue.

Not making excuses or arguing it's right, but this country is so big that different areas of the country might as be another world from a cultural perspective.

This is not a "is corporal punishment OK or is not OK" discussion. That's too broad of a conversation that doesn't fit what's going on here.

This is a FOUR year old child that got beat like this;

Son indicted child abuse the jasmine brand 500x335

So what exactly does a four year old do to deserve this kind of punishment? Did he spill some milk? Not brush his teeth? Say a naughty word?

I'm just fine with parents disciplining their child within reason, this was NOT within reason. Thus everyone freaking out about it. If this kid was 14 and stole a car, or pushed his mom down a flight of stairs? I'm OK with Adrian whoopin' him.

But sorry, I don't care what region you're from or how you were raised, sending your four year old kid to the hospital is not "parenting"...........it's abuse.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I was beaten like this and worse, that looks like it may be a willow branch or a cherry switch. See, the willow wraps around and.. Anyway. I grew up in the PNW. I don't understand how anyone that grows up in a hostile war zone would want their kids to grow up in the same environment. All it did was hinder me growing into adulthood. If you can't win an argument with a 4 year old, without resorting to violence and intimidation, then you sir, or madam, are a dumb-ass. a spanking, on the butt is not abuse. That sh** there is abuse. Period. No matter where you grew up or your towns perception.