Can the Cardinals poke their beaks into the Wild Card race?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":tt6d6dbs said:
Gonna necro-post to give myself some dap because I rarely get something right.

The Cardinals have beaten the Panthers, Lions, and Colts now. Their four losses are to the three NFCW teams (no surprise as this is the best division in football, no questions) and New Orleans. They are #1 in defensive DVOA. They are legit.

Now, the question is whether or not they can displace SF. I need to look at the upcoming schedules and make a guess...
Arizona's remaining schedule: @ Eagles, vs. Rams, @ Titans, @ Seahawks, vs. 49ers
San Fran's remaining schedule: @ Washington, vs. Rams, vs. Seahawks, @ Buccaneers, vs. Falcons, @ Cardinals

It's entirely possible that their week 17 matchup is for the 6th seed.

OrFan

Reaction score
Amazing what one month can do! Boy was I wrong. Well maybe not completely wrong, they are still garbage, they just don't stink quite so badly!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1vriowuq said:
Smelly McUgly":1vriowuq said:

The Cardinals have beaten the Panthers, Lions, and Colts now. Their four losses are to the three NFCW teams (no surprise as this is the best division in football, no questions) and New Orleans. They are #1 in defensive DVOA. They are legit.

Now, the question is whether or not they can displace SF. I need to look at the upcoming schedules and make a guess...
Arizona's remaining schedule: @ Eagles, vs. Rams, @ Titans, @ Seahawks, vs. 49ers
San Fran's remaining schedule: @ Washington, vs. Rams, vs. Seahawks, @ Buccaneers, vs. Falcons, @ Cardinals

Who holds that tiebreaker?

C-Dub

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x1v2yxen said:
If anyone's curious, Carolina has the 3rd-ranked defense in the league per Football Outsiders. Nobody should overlook the Panthers.
Who cares? It's not like defense wins championships. Psh!
:sarcasm_off:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":bzgrrbqj said:
SeatownJay":bzgrrbqj said:
Smelly McUgly":bzgrrbqj said:

Who holds that tiebreaker?

All other things being equal (e.g. they both win or both lose to both the Rams and Hawks) if the Cards beat the 9ers in Week 17 to tie them for overall record then the 9ers would go to the playoffs because they'd have the better division record from beating the Rams earlier in the season (whereas the Cardinals lost).

chris98251

Reaction score
Well now we have to look at a legitimate Saints team, the 49ers and the Cards and Rams and a long road trip to the Giants. Tell me where the easy win is on this schedule?

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":3cgtj40v said:
Well now we have to look at a legitimate Saints team, the 49ers and the Cards and Rams and a long road trip to the Giants. Tell me where the easy win is on this schedule?

@ San Francisco.

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":3ehiyxtr said:
chris98251":3ehiyxtr said:

@ San Francisco.

Yeah they are just going to roll over and say take the division.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":2xkkqi05 said:

:D

As for the 9ers/Hawks game, in order, I want the 9ers to win for three reasons:

1) I'm a 9ers fan, and I of course always want them to win.
2) It will matter for the WC race.
3) It'll be pretty funny to see a bunch of Hawks fans dealing with it by saying "We're still taking the division and it's just a regular season game that doesn't even matter", to which every single 49er fan can reply "Exactly. We've been trying to tell you that for a year now, and are glad you finally get it." :D

As for the 9ers losing against the Hawks, #2 is the only one I really care about, so it comes down to what is happening with the other potential WC teams this weekend and next weekend.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36ri1aak said:
chris98251":36ri1aak said:

3) It'll be pretty funny to see a bunch of Hawks fans dealing with it by saying "We're still taking the division and it's just a regular season game that doesn't even matter", to which every single 49er fan can reply "Exactly. We've been trying to tell you that for a year now, and are glad you finally get it." :D

As for the 9ers losing against the Hawks, #2 is the only one I really care about, so it comes down to what is happening with the other potential WC teams this weekend and next weekend.

Oh well, too bad for you.

1) Want all you want, the Seahawks are winning that game.
2) The Seahawks don't give a damn about the WC race.
3) This will be the niners Superbowl. Losing this game will let them know that they can't win the real Superbowl and they will fold like a tent.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1rfqdg0k said:
chris98251":1rfqdg0k said:

I really understand everything you said.

And.......honestly, and I mean be honest, if the Niners play the Hawks in Seattle in the playoffs, how many times out of ten do they win that game? I say 20%. Or 2. Out of ten. Cuz Kap turns into a turtle on it's back in Seattle. If the playoffs run through Seattle, What you gonna do with the 28th pick? (because honestly, I think the Niners are one of the 4 best teams in the league, which means yeah, deep down, I am a bit scared of the Niners and think they will win in a week plus at your place)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I expect a loss in San Francisco 20-17. Please win against Detroit though it would be perfect if you eliminate a team that we have matchup issues with.