Can They Afford top Keep Bobby Wagner?

hawks85

Reaction score
edogg23":8bqhru79 said:
If Bobby is truly looking for 17-18 mil a year then why sign him now? Your not getting some discount for signing him early, he is looking for top dollar. You might as well let this year play out and see how he is doing at the end of the year. I think the Seahawks have learned their lesson about giving top dollar third contract extensions a year early (besides qbs who can play till they are 40 in this league).

Now if he is willing to sign for 13-15 mil a year to get that extra security now, then you have a reason to extend him early.
Well I agree kinda of. Bobby is different. He's not a Sherman or a Thomas. Those 2 were drama queens and I'm glad they are both gone. Bobby has nothing to prove nothing. The Seahawks need to pay him before the season starts IMO. Bobby isn't being a baby and sitting out of everything like Earl did. That's my 2 cents.

hawks85

Reaction score
HawkGA":dr69uc79 said:
I could see doing $17 million a year on just a two year contract.
C'mon that's crazy 2 years. Bobby is gonna get 4 year deal 18 mil a year with some type of guaranteed money.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wagner needs to weigh the fact that when (not if) Mosley under-performs, he's going to be first on the chopping block for the Jets. B-Wagz is great, but age will catch up to him, and if he wants 18 a year, he's going to find himself in the same position before long. 13-14 million a year for 3 years is more than 18 million a year for 4 years if you get cut after 2.

hawks85

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":192vhkri said:
Wagner needs to weigh the fact that when (not if) Mosley under-performs, he's going to be first on the chopping block for the Jets. B-Wagz is great, but age will catch up to him, and if he wants 18 a year, he's going to find himself in the same position before long. 13-14 million a year for 3 years is more than 18 million a year for 4 years if you get cut after 2.
Yeah this is true, but Wagz isn't thinking like that and the NFL isn't built like that. Its a business and all the players wanna get paid. It would be great if Wagz thought like that because he would be signed by now.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I can see Wagz getting paid and Reed getting offered but for considerably less than he would have got 2-3 days ago. If Reed doesn't sign he'll be traded. This suspension is a game changer for him.

sutz

Reaction score
TreeRon":35tzvpez said:
I can see Wagz getting paid and Reed getting offered but for considerably less than he would have got 2-3 days ago. If Reed doesn't sign he'll be traded. This suspension is a game changer for him.
Seems more likely Reed plays out his deal and moves on. Not sure what his trade value would be right now.

xray

Reaction score
They can afford it but will they ? I really thought they would keep Clark . Wagner has already said that would prefer to stay in Seattle but if things don't work out he will go elsewhere . He will get his money somewhere and he knows it . Seattle gave Wilson what he wanted ; but he might be the last heavy contract they want to deal with this year . They proved that by trading away Clark . They might shock us and trade Wagner away too ; because he is worth a shitload of barter . Carroll says that Wagner will be a Seahawk ; but he said Clark wasn't going anywhere too . Let's see if Wagner stays on the sidelines this summer . That will signal his intentions for sure ; but the HO intentions ? Not a clue...

MO Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think what happened to Earl is lost on Bobby. Earl not regretting his gesture towards Pete might have something to do with the current Wagner situation and Earl thinking Pete is doing the same thing to Wagner that was done to him. What does Bobby do if the season starts and not contract, does he hold out?

Also, trade value, the Seahawks got nothing for Earl if I remember right? Had he not been injured Earl might have brought in some value. So if trading Wagner is in the cards, sooner would be better than later for the Seahawks, and if I'm Bobby, I don't play without a new contract given what happened to Earl.

Earl did get a nice pay check in Baltimore, but I wonder if the injury prevented him from making more?

McGruff

Reaction score
MO Hawk":2eagvhqj said:
I don't think what happened to Earl is lost on Bobby. Earl not regretting his gesture towards Pete might have something to do with the current Wagner situation and Earl thinking Pete is doing the same thing to Wagner that was done to him. What does Bobby do if the season starts and not contract, does he hold out?

Also, trade value, the Seahawks got nothing for Earl if I remember right? Had he not been injured Earl might have brought in some value. So if trading Wagner is in the cards, sooner would be better than later for the Seahawks, and if I'm Bobby, I don't play without a new contract given what happened to Earl.

Earl did get a nice pay check in Baltimore, but I wonder if the injury prevented him from making more?

Bobby us wired entirely differently than Earl.

Cant really be much more different.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MO Hawk":gq103nis said:

KJ said this morning that Bobby's extension is imminent, they're just getting all the legal mumbo jumbo ironed out......and since Bobby's acting as his own agent, it's probably taking longer than normal.

I have no doubt Bobby's deal gets done here soon. If it was getting contentious, you'd hear about it. No news is the best news when it comes to contract extensions. When you start hearing "sources" talking about discontent and unhappiness? That's when it's time to worry.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hqtrr8a said:
MO Hawk":2hqtrr8a said:

KJ said this morning that Bobby's extension is imminent, they're just getting all the legal mumbo jumbo ironed out......and since Bobby's acting as his own agent, it's probably taking longer than normal.

I have no doubt Bobby's deal gets done here soon. If it was getting contentious, you'd hear about it. No news is the best news when it comes to contract extensions. When you start hearing "sources" talking about discontent and unhappiness? That's when it's time to worry.

Why Earl should have kept his mouth shut and just did the business side in private. May have happened and the whole flip the bird would not have happened since he probably would have had a deal. Going thru the media was dumb as much as the Cowboy thing.

McGruff

Reaction score
That's not who Earl is. At all.

That's like asking to Pete to become Andy Reid. It's not going to happen.

At the end of the day with Earl, this was unavoidable. It was always going to happen this way.

OP
OP
M

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Now it’s a matter of being able to field a playoff contender with the highest paid player at 2 of the most important positions on a team. Given Pete’s track record and habitual results I’d say the team will continue on its path of success.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well who's next, glad the man is here while we develop his heir apparent.

Latest posts