Cardinals @ 9ers

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":nfwxmcxr said:
Fair enough, Cards are a good team. And if wasn't for a crap kicker, they win a little easier. They just beat the NFC Champs on the road, that's impressive. And I can't stand the Cards.

Its one game. 49ers definitely out of sync. Loooong way to go.

94Smith

Reaction score
nanomoz":1a2tbart said:
Letting E. Sanders go was a mistake.

Well it looks like a mistake when WR 1 and WR 2 are injured , but the fact of the matter it came down to paying him vs Kittle on offense. I'll take Kittle all day on that one.

I'm excited to see what Deebo and Aiyuk can bring when they come back. Thankfully our schedule is pretty soft over the next two weeks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So the Niners lost because they are out of sink. Not because the Cards came to play.
You sound like an excuse making 12. I said GOOD team, not great. YET. But they certainly are dangerous.

James in PA

Reaction score
nanomoz":oqtumioz said:
Letting E. Sanders go was a mistake.

The Niners probably wanted him back but after Jimmy choked and overthrew him in the Owl, he wanted no part of that team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yjxn83s said:
So the Niners lost because they are out of sink. Not because the Cards came to play.
You sound like an excuse making 12. I said GOOD team, not great. YET. But they certainly are dangerous.

Yes, until offense allowed the D to get gased, D was frustrating KM. With the exception of the blocked kick until D started get gased AZ offense wasn't doing much. Had 49ers offense been more in sync not sink, Probably would have been up by 20 at the half.

SF49r

Reaction score
We would have won if we scored more points than the cardinals

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Kyler Murray is going to be a problem for us too.

He doesn't have an arm like Russ, but he has more speed, and he is sneaky elusive. He reminds me of my chickens actually in terms of how he moves through 2d space, the side moves are as fast as the forward moves.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":qp7gdx3q said:
Kyler Murray is going to be a problem for us too.

He doesn't have an arm like Russ, but he has more speed, and he is sneaky elusive. He reminds me of my chickens actually in terms of how he moves through 2d space, the side moves are as fast as the forward moves.

And if you touch him while he slides even with just two hands, automatic 1st down and 15 yrds.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Murray will be in trouble with ints?

He seemed to have terrible footwork and some odd flat footed throws.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Smellyman":8auoimxj said:

I think with QBs that have homerun ability with their legs like Murray and Lamar, you can cause errant throws if you force them to have to throw every down. The problem is, the only way to do that is to get way ahead 2+ scores. Down that much play action goes out the window (unless it's early) and if they do take off, you have a better chance of keeping them from getting to the house in 1 play. It's just really hard to them down that much. The Ravens in particular.

I still think one of these games in the next couple seasons, Lamar is gonna get whacked hard and lose a knee or get concussed. Little guys like Murray are too slippery to get a good lick on

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":22kw87x6 said:
I still think one of these games in the next couple seasons, Lamar is gonna get whacked hard and lose a knee or get concussed. Little guys like Murray are too slippery to get a good lick on

The thing with Kyler and Lamar is that they are not sustainable at their present game. When you take off with the ball and take off that QB proteciton, you're exponentially increasing the risk of injury to yourself. Plus that confuses DCs for like maybe two seasons max.

It happened to Colin Kaepernick. He simply could not adapt b/c the whole reason he was elevated was his running and for that time, confusing DCs. It lasted for maybe two years before the Hawks figured it out.

The only mobile QB that has gained success over time is Russell Wilson, and that is because he has adapted to the pocket and throws accurately. Those skills are what makes him valuable as opposed to the running down the field he did back in 2013.

Smellyman

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1r5g00lf said:
OrangeGravy":1r5g00lf said:

The thing with Kyler and Lamar is that they are not sustainable at their present game. When you take off with the ball and take off that QB proteciton, you're exponentially increasing the risk of injury to yourself. Plus that confuses DCs for like maybe two seasons max.

It happened to Colin Kaepernick. He simply could not adapt b/c the whole reason he was elevated was his running and for that time, confusing DCs. It lasted for maybe two years before the Hawks figured it out.

The only mobile QB that has gained success over time is Russell Wilson, and that is because he has adapted to the pocket and throws accurately. Those skills are what makes him valuable as opposed to the running down the field he did back in 2013.

and Russ is more of a scrambling QB than a running QB, not many designed runs. The RO was is the bread and butter, but he rarely keeps even back in the day. Very judicious in his keeps.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Smellyman":1iu4z3ad said:
SantaClaraHawk":1iu4z3ad said:
OrangeGravy":1iu4z3ad said:

and Russ is more of a scrambling QB than a running QB, not many designed runs. The RO was is the bread and butter, but he rarely keeps even back in the day. Very judicious in his keeps.

KM is no RW, watch his throws, kinda sloppy.

mikeak

Reaction score
Smellyman":q53bv20p said:

Agreed

Seahawks pass rush will have him moving around but not sack and he will throw some interceptions to our secondary

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":g22ip5fq said:
Smellyman":g22ip5fq said:
SantaClaraHawk":g22ip5fq said:
OrangeGravy":g22ip5fq said:

Wait, are you complimenting Russ?

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":2cesevbq said:
Washington49er":2cesevbq said:
Smellyman":2cesevbq said:
SantaClaraHawk":2cesevbq said:

Wait, are you complimenting Russ?

I never sad bad things about RW.

49ers lose to AZ and suddenly they are the team to beat and comparisons are being made between KM and RW,

Bahahahaha!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who said they are the team to beat? All they did was beat YOUR team. And no, they are not better than the Niners. But they certainly were on Sunday.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He might be referring to my comment that the NFCW is a 2-horse race.

KM is a poor man's LJ, not a poor man's RW. Unfortunately for him, he plays in the NFCW, not the AFCN. The Seahawks have the horses, and the experience with running QBs to shut him down. Niners? Maybe. Yet to be seen. Rams? They are going to give him fits.

He doesn't have the arm to keep the pressure off, and he can be made one dimensional with disciplined defensive play.

I don't think that letting Sanders go was a mistake. Poorly timed injuries did impact this game for them, but there was no way to predict that when they let him go. Getting them back won't make JG suddenly into a top tier QB, but it will help.

This is the exact kind of situation that I feel they were, mostly, able to avoid last year. Every team has injuries. Every team has injuries to key players during the year. Losing 3/4 or your main receivers, right before playing a key rival, is the exact thing that I think they generally avoided last year.

Latest posts