Cardinals trying to sign Peterson

ringless

Reaction score
A 4th round pick, with a 3 year contract ....... With the O-line we will have next year this will be a dream come true if it goes through.

But the only way this doesn't go down is if the Vikings decide not to trade him or some team offers a RIDICULOUS offer to Minny.

SF49r

Reaction score
Iupati + Peterson? Shit the cardinals are going to be dangerous this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ringless":1hx9eday said:
AP will be in red tomorrow!!!!
celebrating early?I don't know because I have not seen one thing that says it's happening man.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2gqpb5yn said:
ringless":2gqpb5yn said:
AP will be in red tomorrow!!!!
celebrating early?I don't know because I have not seen one thing that says it's happening man.

As of late Ringless has gone full homer.

As of right now Ringless is saying that 1) Peterson to the Cardinals is a done deal 2) in exchange for a 4th round pick 3) and with Peterson agreeing to renegotiate for substantially less money with the Cards.

Yeah, a link would definitely be nice.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Go Bucs!Sorry Ringless..Cannot root for a rival that much

randomation

Reaction score
AP isn't going anywhere for anything less then two firsts or maybe the number 1 pick sure as hell won't be for a fourth rounder rofl.

ringless

Reaction score
Lyle Sendelein released yesterday to clear a little more cap space.... The Bucs even if interested were most likely never going to get Peterson.... What would be the reasoning behind going after him, are they in win now mode? Would he even redo his contract to play there? He wants to win, not get paid. He doesn't want to play for Minnesota, and even if they forced him too how does anyone know he wouldn't get a mysterious injury? Or be a problem in the locker room. Sure I can understand Minny not wanting to part with him but they will....

They clear up a ton of cap space, and can now start focusing on the new team they have been building. AP's value will only be going down, he's about to turn 30. There will be some quickly diminishing returns on that contract. When he's traded to us he obviously will have to re-negotiate his contract which he will do. Why would anyone give up a first round pick for him? That's just crazy! Call me a homer, call me whatever but I really believe this is happening. One because another forum member of the Cardinals is friends with a player and has posted good information before, and two because I know a relative of Palmer, who I occasionally talk too. Yes the information is not direct, however The information from those two people who don't even know each other lines up, which is why I am so convinced this is going to happen.

Now the Cowboys are out of the race and are most likely going to address the RB situation in the draft after signing McFadden. If they didn't want to pay Murray 6 million a year, they certainly aren't going to give up a high draft pick and then pay 6+ a year for Peterson...... Not happening, which leads us back to Arizona again.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3rffkpzb said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/VikingUpdate/status/575882549542572034[/tweet]
And by Bucs, they obviously mean the Cardinals

ringless

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":ex5nxfja said:
dontbelikethat":ex5nxfja said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/VikingUpdate/status/575882549542572034[/tweet]
And by Bucs, they obviously mean the Cardinals

Yes that is what they mean...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":1j6him5s said:
Lyle Sendelein released yesterday to clear a little more cap space.... The Bucs even if interested were most likely never going to get Peterson.... What would be the reasoning behind going after him, are they in win now mode? Would he even redo his contract to play there? He wants to win, not get paid. He doesn't want to play for Minnesota, and even if they forced him too how does anyone know he wouldn't get a mysterious injury? Or be a problem in the locker room. Sure I can understand Minny not wanting to part with him but they will....

They clear up a ton of cap space, and can now start focusing on the new team they have been building. AP's value will only be going down, he's about to turn 30. There will be some quickly diminishing returns on that contract. When he's traded to us he obviously will have to re-negotiate his contract which he will do. Why would anyone give up a first round pick for him? That's just crazy! Call me a homer, call me whatever but I really believe this is happening. One because another forum member of the Cardinals is friends with a player and has posted good information before, and two because I know a relative of Palmer, who I occasionally talk too. Yes the information is not direct, however The information from those two people who don't even know each other lines up, which is why I am so convinced this is going to happen.

Now the Cowboys are out of the race and are most likely going to address the RB situation in the draft after signing McFadden. If they didn't want to pay Murray 6 million a year, they certainly aren't going to give up a high draft pick and then pay 6+ a year for Peterson...... Not happening, which leads us back to Arizona again.

There is so much wrong with this post, ringless, its almost embarrassing on its level of ignorance. Sorry to be harsh. But you're not well clued into the situation, despite who your message board partner may be related to.

The Cowboys are out of the race because the got McFadden? Wrong, simply.

APs value is only relevant if the Vikings WANT to trade him. This is the point you have been missing since the start. They are open to offers, but are under no obligation, hurry or motivation to accept one that doesn't help them immensely.

I also love how a relative who talks to Palmer had potential trade info, because of course Cardinal management informed their QB what the trade on the table was. Ridiculous.

AP wants to get paid. Clearly. he is not taking a pay cut to play anywhere. He lost nearly a full year's salary. Get over yourself a bit. AP wants out of MInnesota because of an alleged affront to his reputation (which again, is ridiculous). As for the "he wants to win", the Vikings are a team on the rise. If he is the backfield they make the playoffs, last year. This year, the may have more of a ceiling than your Cardinals.

I can tell your excited, but lets not BS the board just because you want to squeeze a square into a round hole. It may happen, but it won't be because of the reasons you are suggesting.

ringless

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2x3jdrxh said:
ringless":2x3jdrxh said:

There is so much wrong with this post, ringless, its almost embarrassing on its level of ignorance. Sorry to be harsh. But you're not well clued into the situation, despite who your message board partner may be related to.

APs value is only relevant if the Vikings WANT to trade him. This is the point you have been missing since the start. They are open to offers, but are under no obligation, hurry or motivation to accept one that doesn't help them immensely.

I also love how a relative who talks to Palmer had potential trade info, because of course Cardinal management informed their QB what the trade on the table was. Ridiculous.

AP wants to get paid. Clearly. he is not taking a pay cut to play anywhere. He lost nearly a full year's salary. Get over yourself a bit. AP wants out of MInnesota because of an alleged affront to his reputation (which again, is ridiculous). As for the "he wants to win", the Vikings are a team on the rise. If he is the backfield they make the playoffs, last year. This year, the may have more of a ceiling than your Cardinals.

I can tell your excited, but lets not BS the board just because you want to squeeze a square into a round hole. It may happen, but it won't be because of the reasons you are suggesting.

Thank you for making sure to Discipline me big uncle....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its called an education. It was between getting off the bus and recess.

ringless

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1hj7jpv2 said:
ringless":1hj7jpv2 said:

I never said the FO said anything to Palmer, that I don't know. I do know that Peterson was texting a player on the team, and which player I don't know. So its possibly he spoke to Palmer and not the FO... But I am just a third party here. Then again it is possible someone in the FO has said something to Palmer.... But I could be wrong, leaks in the NFL are very very rare and honestly never happen.

So now you are saying the Cowboys who wouldn't pay Murray 6 million will pay Peterson 15 million plus a draft pick.... That's wishful thinking big Uncle....

So what if he does take a pay cut, what if he does get traded to the Cardinals? I will build you a cross with my bare hands so you can climb up there and nail yourself to it.

So we cleared all of this cap space for nothing? To just sit there and look at? Why would we release Lyle when we could have done it June 1st? What did we need another 2.8 million for, why do we need 10+ in cap space right now? Another lower level guy?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ringless":3nru4s55 said:
Uncle Si":3nru4s55 said:
ringless":3nru4s55 said:

Thank you for making sure to Discipline me big uncle....
I hate to say it blunt but Si is right.Just wait till something really happens and forget rumors,those are worth 1 sentence.We like you but the AP stuff is too much too soon with nothing thats all.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You mistake calling out your pandering, incorrect assumptions and rumor mongering as actually caring. Which is cute.

You know he was texting a player on the team, just not which one? Brilliant. You are full of facts. What does your mother's best friend's sister's aunt's boyfriend who was saw AP at 31 Flavors last night think about it?

Murray and AP are very different backs. I am not saying he will be a Cowboy. I just know the McFadden deal does not exclude anything. He is there to backup, nothing else. Read a bit.

I also don't understand how its "wishful thinking" as the Cowboys and Packers are the biggest competition the Seahawks have. Why would I want AP going to Dallas. "wishful thinking" is he gets traded to AFC. Realistically speaking (of which you have yet to provide any real rational, football arguments) is that he will stay at Minnesota. Because, you know, he is under contract. Giving you an idea of what the people in the know here in Minnesota are saying is not akin to blasphemy, regardless of your theatrics. You're no expert on the situation. In fact, your acting more like a school girl passing rumors in the bathroom.

If he doesn't get traded to the Cardinals will you just go away then? I'm not into the religious thing, but maybe you can make like the Holy ghost or whatever? I enjoy the Cardinals info. You're a good poster. But you're being a little brat at the moment, and you know it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
More confirmation the Cards still pursuing him.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/576803439767769088[/tweet]

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
They really need a splash to get them over the hump. Rams may have done that with Foles, Fairly, and Ayers. Peterson may do that for ARZ.