Cardinals trying to sign Peterson

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A splash we don't need .I hope the Bucs get him.

ringless

Reaction score
Arizona Sports Hub @SportsHubAZ
Follow
Adrian Peterson recently said #AZCardinals would be his first choice if he and #Vikings can't patch things up and Minnesota decides to trade

He isn't going to the Bucs, he wont sign a new deal for that team. Only the Cardinals... I doubt the Bucs have a serious interest in him right now

randomation

Reaction score
He gave a list of 5 teams he would restructure with I doubt he would have an issue going to the bucs if they were paying his full salary or even going to bump it there is also no way in hell he is going anywhere for a 4th rounder the vikes aren't in cap hell they have no need to trade him if they don't want to. I have no idea where the hell idiots got a 4th rounder from. It would take a deal similar to the percy one to get AP.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ringless":mnss6ybb said:
Arizona Sports Hub @SportsHubAZ
Follow
Adrian Peterson recently said #AZCardinals would be his first choice if he and #Vikings can't patch things up and Minnesota decides to trade

He isn't going to the Bucs, he wont sign a new deal for that team. Only the Cardinals... I doubt the Bucs have a serious interest in him right now
I haven't seen where he says "Only the Cards" another poster says he has a 5 team list.Do you suppose he may be right and the Bucs are on that list?Is Jared Allen in the Cards also? :lol:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/576804957833166848[/tweet]

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports that the Cardinals are prepared to offer a high-round draft pick for Peterson. AP has not officially hit the trade block, so to speak, but he has reportedly informed the Vikings that he is still not happy.

Robinson believes the Cardinals would offer a second-round draft pick for Peterson, which may not be enough. While we all know what Peterson is capable of, we also know he will turn 30 next season and is still owed a ton of money.

Any team that trades for Peterson will be taking on his $12.75 million salary for 2015. Unless AP expresses a willingness to take a pay cut or restructure his contract with a new team, his trade value may not be as high as the Vikings would like.

The Cardinals cut Darnell Dockett earlier this month, which many believe is a move that was made to clear salary cap room for Peterson. If the comments Peterson’s father made earlier this month are any indication, AP has likely played his last snap in Minnesota.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... ar-AA9LPv3

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":dp254syk said:
I couldn't care less who Arizona gets at any given position. Would it be good for AZ? Who knows? The only thing that matters to me is how the Seahawks play football and who they find to play. When the Hawks are playing good football, it just doesn't matter what anyone else does. :)
Well put. :th2thumbs:

rideaducati

Reaction score
If Adrian Peterson wants to go to a winner, why is Arizona on his list?

marko358

Reaction score
rideaducati":3r0lrbw3 said:
Come on. Even as Seahawk fans we should be able to recognize that they will be a serious contender in the NFC next year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
2nd and a 7th seems low...

DAVIS HSU retweeted
Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report · 47m47 minutes ago
Hearing chatter that Cardinals and Vikings are talking Adrian Peterson deal. Peterson/7th for a 2nd. AZ is Peterson's top choice.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Vikings need to get at least this year's 1st and then a couple more picks. If he goes to the Cards, it would definitely make the NFC West very interesting

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":89gfdkqn said:

DAVIS HSU retweeted
Hearing chatter that Cardinals and Vikings are talking Adrian Peterson deal. Peterson/7th for a 2nd. AZ is Peterson's top choice.

For a 2nd and they get a pick in return? Interesting that Dallas isn't offering a better pick. AZ's o-line improvements will make this the 2nd best trade of the off-season.

Better make Mebane an offer that keeps him here the second this deal is finalized.

ringless

Reaction score
And even thought its not mentioned Peterson will be agreeing to a paycut, and completely new contract.....

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Peterson as a Cardinal is pretty much inevitable at this point. Lots of momentum going that way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Laloosh":19fg6uw0 said:
Hawk_Nation":19fg6uw0 said:

DAVIS HSU retweeted

For a 2nd and they get a pick in return? Interesting that Dallas isn't offering a better pick. AZ's o-line improvements will make this the 2nd best trade of the off-season.

Better make Mebane an offer that keeps him here the second this deal is finalized.
Not sure that Dallas has the cap space needed. Plus I think Steven Jones is running things more that his pops Jerruh.
If Jerruh was completely running things he would have drafted Johnny Football in the first round, he would have over paid for Murray, and would get fleeced in trading for AP and in cap hell for the next 5 years.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If they do get him it's going to get real serious next year. With Peterson and the way Palmer can throw the deep ball means Arizona isn't going to be a joke in 2015 and the Seahawks better be ready for that.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
If you are ticked off with a player, why send him to a contender? Send him to lose in TB and be done with it. Would they really want him to succeed in ARZ and kick their tail? Even send him to the AFC to a team like OAK. They just lost McFadden and have money to burn.

rideaducati

Reaction score
marko358":yn6nbnnz said:
rideaducati":yn6nbnnz said:
Come on. Even as Seahawk fans we should be able to recognize that they will be a serious contender in the NFC next year.

I don't see them being "serious" contenders. They have been complacent for the most part and they have a new defensive coordinator.

How many times last season did they play their tougher opponents when their opponents had their best players out of the game? Dallas without Romo. Frisco without Davis and Gore and a couple offensive linemen. Then, they were outplayed in several other games only to fluke their way to a win. They won the games, but I NEVER saw them as a serious threat last year and I feel the same for this year.

The Cards were in the bottom half of the league in offense and defense and were the ONLY playoff team without a top ten unit on either offense or defense. It wasn't all a fluke, but they weren't nearly as good as their record indicated and their complacency will not make them better.

Just look at the Chiefs from two seasons ago and you'll see the Cardinals of last year. Add a year to the Chiefs and I think that is what we'll see from the Cardinals this season.

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":328wd3l8 said:
marko358":328wd3l8 said:
rideaducati":328wd3l8 said:

I don't see them being "serious" contenders. They have been complacent for the most part and they have a new defensive coordinator.

How many times last season did they play their tougher opponents when their opponents had their best players out of the game? Dallas without Romo. Frisco without Davis and Gore and a couple offensive linemen. Then, they were outplayed in several other games only to fluke their way to a win. They won the games, but I NEVER saw them as a serious threat last year and I feel the same for this year.

The Cards were in the bottom half of the league in offense and defense and were the ONLY playoff team without a top ten unit on either offense or defense. It wasn't all a fluke, but they weren't nearly as good as their record indicated and their complacency will not make them better.

Just look at the Chiefs from two seasons ago and you'll see the Cardinals of last year. Add a year to the Chiefs and I think that is what we'll see from the Cardinals this season.

The Cardinals also did that with 4 different QB's and finishing the season with their 4th strung QB which is very rare. While also missing 33 million dollars of cap space on IR. Our offensive line will clearly by the best we have ever had since being in AZ. It would also be the best RB we've ever had on the team... (Emmit Smith was already cooked) and Edge did well. Our LB's position was weak last year but we will have Washington back, and upgraded that position with him coming back in combination with Weatherspoon who was the 2nd highest rated LB FA. While also upgrading the Dline. We still have a first round draft pick to help close the gap.

It is an unknown what will happen on defense with the new coordinator, however I know we have a better team that will be on the field talent wise than last year.

I will admit there was some flukes, but I also saw some flukes during Seattle's games.... At what point is luck for any team on a consistent basis not just the results of hard work? Nobody knows what will happen next year but I think we are a serious threat ..... SF certainly isn't.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":2m8uoo9h said:
rideaducati":2m8uoo9h said:
marko358":2m8uoo9h said:
rideaducati":2m8uoo9h said:

The Cardinals also did that with 4 different QB's and finishing the season with their 4th strung QB which is very rare. While also missing 33 million dollars of cap space on IR. Our offensive line will clearly by the best we have ever had since being in AZ. It would also be the best RB we've ever had on the team... (Emmit Smith was already cooked) and Edge did well. Our LB's position was weak last year but we will have Washington back, and upgraded that position with him coming back in combination with Weatherspoon who was the 2nd highest rated LB FA. While also upgrading the Dline. We still have a first round draft pick to help close the gap.

It is an unknown what will happen on defense with the new coordinator, however I know we have a better team that will be on the field talent wise than last year.

I will admit there was some flukes, but I also saw some flukes during Seattle's games.... At what point is luck for any team on a consistent basis not just the results of hard work? Nobody knows what will happen next year but I think we are a serious threat ..... SF certainly isn't.

Most of the $33 million dollars of cap space on IR last year came from three players whose combined age was over 100. It's a young man's game and signing old players to big contracts invites lost money to IR. IF Weatherspoon is an upgrade to your LB corps, your team has more problems than you think. He has played a full season once out of four seasons and is coming off an Achilles' tear...good luck with that.

As far as the offensive line being "clearly the best we've ever had", I think you should be wary of claiming this before a single snap. Most lines bringing in new players take a while to gel. Add to that that Iupati being a liability in pass protection.

You're free to think whatever you want, as am I. I don't think the Cards are a serious threat.

ringless

Reaction score
Well Washington is why I think we will have a better LB corps. A lot of people forget one of the main reasons we shut you down in Seattle the year prior was because of Washington's lateral speed and his ability to contain Wilson. Weatherspoon I believe is an upgrade over Larry Foote but I could be wrong....

Our losses were Cromartie, and Dan Williams on defense. Dan Williams is the big loss.

The Seahawks only really made one upgrade and thats at TE. Where you arguably got the best TE in the league.

However the Seahawks lost a lot. Byron Maxwell, James Carpenter, Max Unger, Malcom Smith....

Chances are we will have gained Peterson... I think overall looking at the big picture we have closed the gap, and I think its a reasonable assumption thus far in FA.