Carr benched

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seems like a bad coach is putting the blame on his QB. What would it take to land Carr? A 3rd round? 2nd at best.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Biggest reason IMO Carr is being benched is his contract for 2023 is fully guaranteed for if injured. If I was the GM I would be tempted to just tell him to stay home and don’t do anything stupid

James in PA

Reaction score
Never liked Carr, even when his stock was high. Hard pass.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
It also guarantees you get a mediocre QB for a cap hit of a great QB.
Oh I totally agree. You just asked why anyone would trade instead of wait for release. That’s the only answer I could come up with.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Raiders are eyeballing a quarterback in the draft. They're currently sitting at the #8 overall, and if there's no one available at our spot that we want, would they be willing to cut us a deal like the Niners did with the Dolphins to move up and pick Trey Lance, say the Raiders' #8 this season and their #1 in 2024?

Think about that for a minute. It would turn the Russell Wilson trade into 3-#1's, 2-#2's, and 3 players. The gift that keeps on giving!

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Carr has a $40 million cap hit for 2023 you trade for Carr you get the contract also

In Carr’s contract it’s guaranteed if not released within 3 days after the Super Bowl. IMO Carr isn’t better than Geno Smith
Carr has no trade policy is his contract

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Biggest reason IMO Carr is being benched is his contract for 2023 is fully guaranteed for if injured. If I was the GM I would be tempted to just tell him to stay home and don’t do anything stupid

That’s exactly what was agreed to…

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Carr has a $40 million cap hit for 2023 you trade for Carr you get the contract also
It's about $35 million for 2023, $44 million for 2024, and $43 million for 2025 per Sportrac.

If they cut him properly this offseason it's less than a $6 million dead cap hit.

If a team traded for him and didn't like how it was going they could just hamstrung themselves with $35 million for 2023 and cheap cut him after that season. Some team might think it's worth it given those parameters.

It seems like the Raiders are going to cut him or get him to renegotiate his contract.