Carroll Out As Head Coach

James in PA

Reaction score
Don't feel weird if you find yourself suddenly sad, even though you may have been clamoring for him to be fired. Humans are complex creatures. It's perfectly okay to have wanted him fired but now that it has happened, you start to miss all the good times and the memories. It's no different than a break up with someone. Even if it ultimately didn't work out, you mourn the memories and good times you did share together.

I think it's great that he will still with the organization in an advisory capacity. His presence will still be felt and enjoyed, just not on the field, calling games on gamedays.
I do feel sad. I wanted him gone (only starting this season) but I will be forever grateful! I loved prime PC. I wanted him to get one more. But it was just time.

Echawks

Reaction score
With this team there will be a lot of interest.. super young with a crew of amazing potential..

hopefully the new coach will know what man coverage is.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
As far as Pete goes, it sounds like he's willing to sort of resign and step aside...Could be one of those "we'll give you the opportunity to resign if you don't want to be fired" situations. Still, though, I respect a man who's willing to go peacefully. The Pete era has been BY FAR the best era in Seahawks history. Holmgren doesn't even come close to what Pete accomplished.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm on board with Harbaugh. 100%. He has proven that he can be HIGHLY competitive at the NFL level DESPITE having to answer to a power-hungry GM with SF. I'm sure he would love an opportunity to have more say in personnel while coaching Seattle.
Not a legacy team nor is it a great situation to walk in and get a winner. I suspect he goes to a bigger market.

Fanatics

Reaction score
The grass isn't always greener. Potentially a giant mistake by the franchise. Overachieved with this roster for years. My heart is broken
Exactly! He has been able to keep this team competitive, getting in the playoffs last year when everybody expected it to be a rebuild year. Those of you that are celebrating, buyer beware.

SarG3Hawk

Reaction score
I know change was needed or going to be needed very soon.

However this really hurts my Seahawks soul. I’m glad he was able to do it on these terms and not leave the back door.

This man made us a force in the NFL and set us as an example. He kicked ass and did it on his terms im sure we all could do that in our collective fields of work. Even the mediocre years were full of some great memories and he seemed to always win some games we didn’t or weren’t supposed to. I’ll miss this era but I’m excited for what’s to come.

Thanks Pete!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm glad he agreed to step down/step aside.

I've always loved Pete. I know I've been leading the charge hating on him, but it's just because he seemed so stuck in the past.

Thank you for everything Pete.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Not a legacy team nor is it a great situation to walk in and get a winner. I suspect he goes to a bigger market.

If Harbaugh has a brain up there, he'd understand that being the coach of a "legacy" team doesn't mean jack shit. It's about the deal, the location, and the say he has in personnel. In other words, I hope he cares more about winning than coaching a legacy team.

James in PA

Reaction score
If Sherman can go to the Niners, Harbaugh can come here. We'd learn to like him. Guaranteed he'd get to and win a playoff game in his FIRST YEAR here.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Hell with that. John has been robbed of executive of the year like 5 times in his tenure here and is one of the likely top 10 quarterback evaluators in the known universe.

John Schneider has earned a shot at running the show as a legit, head of organization GM.
I just totally had a wave of refresh. Wake me up when Clint and Shane are officially gone as well

The dumb and dumber scene comes to mind. Just when I thought …..you totally redeeem yourself.

This is Pete. He is actually looking at the picture and doing what’s best for the organization. Kudos.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Even though I think it was the the right thing to do and I wanted it its still a little sad that the best era of Seahawks football is over. I'll miss Pete in a lot of ways and this period. Excited to see what's next though too obviously.
100% this. It's a bitter-sweet feeling to me, and although I personally feel that the Hawks need to go in a different direction, I am completely thankful for Carroll and the first SB victory that came to Seattle during his tenure. I'm hoping they replace him with someone who will light a fire under ALL of the players' asses and the Hawks can be a dominant competing team again. Thank you for your time here in Seattle, Coach Carroll.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If Harbaugh has a brain up there, he'd understand that being the coach of a "legacy" team doesn't mean jack shit. It's about the deal, the location, and the say he has in personnel. In other words, I hope he cares more about winning than coaching a legacy team.
Hes a guy that loves the attention of the camera..he won't get much of that here.

Jville

Reaction score
Kind of a sad day and end of a legacy and perhaps run this team may not see anytime soon. I'm glad he is staying on in some format. RoH awaits as does Canton. That means everyone is out in Seattle and I expect a full tear down and rebuild. A new era begins in Seattle. Just hope they hire the right people as Carroll will not be easy to replace. I for one will miss the guy. 😟

Pete Carroll was one of a kind.

.......... a great combination.

Latest posts