CB Jalen Ramsey Requests Trade

HawkerD

Reaction score
with two DBs on the block it becomes more of a buyers market. I'd say Fitzpatrick is the better value due to having more years on his rookie deal.

seabowl

Reaction score
We just cleaned house of malcontents. Ramsey is just that.

Polk738

Reaction score
seabowl":29y4e0r2 said:
We just cleaned house of malcontents. Ramsey is just that.

Exactly, this guy has more of an ego than Sherm an Earl combined

Mick063

Reaction score
John Schneider has probably already kicked the tires. Probably too pricey. Then again, if Ramsey becomes too much of a pain in the ass, the Jags may pay half his salary to come here.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Dolphins got a 1st for Fitz from the Steelers. Do you thin Jax will take less than a 1st.

Maybe a 2nd and a player?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I would have given a first, in a heart beat, for Fitz. Ramsey? A third, I guess.

Talented as hell, but wouldn't be the missing piece to a deep run this year, and he wouldn't be under team control for as long.

And how many legit #1 receiver teams are we going to face this year. Rams twice. It would be nice to have Ramsey to shut down Kupp. Falcons. It would be nice to see another battle ala Sherman/ Jones. Minnesota with Diggs and Thielen, but with Cousins throwing to them, we don't need an elite corner to stop them.

So, I would guess, at best, he might buy us 1-2 more wins.

Not worth the capital IMHO.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1rk4p63c said:
We need safety help, not a CB who struggles in zone coverage.

Or are we giving up on Griffin and Flowers 2 games into year 2 of them playing together. . .?

Is it really giving up on them thought? Ramsey is arguably the best CB in the NFL, neither Floweres or Griffin will ever be the top guy. It's not like we are trading for whoever the CB for Buffalo is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CPHawk":1kx10pty said:
Hawknballs":1kx10pty said:
We need safety help, not a CB who struggles in zone coverage.

Or are we giving up on Griffin and Flowers 2 games into year 2 of them playing together. . .?

Is it really giving up on them thought? Ramsey is arguably the best CB in the NFL, neither Floweres or Griffin will ever be the top guy. It's not like we are trading for whoever the CB for Buffalo is.

No, I don't see either Griffin or Flowers being the true #1 shut down corner that Pete wants in his defense in order to take away half the field and do all the things he likes to do on defense.

So of course Ramsey would work out here to take over that spot, and let Flowers and Griffin compete for the other side.

But my guess is Jacksonville would want at LEAST a #1, probably more, AND a front line starter in return......which we'd have to give up someone of cap space. We only have 7M of cap, and Ramsey's hit is 7.4M this year, and 13M next.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm all for getting our existing corners more snaps.

Besides, we have yet to see the defensive line fully available. This year's defense is gonna get a whole lot stronger as they accumulate more time playing together.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":3h9bzy1o said:
I'm all for getting our existing corners more snaps.

Besides, we have yet to see the defensive line fully available. This year's defense is gonna get a whole lot stronger as they accumulate more time playing together.

Jags are asking for 2 Firsts.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That's more than a bit rich.

If you get a chance to get a player of his ability w/o hamstringing your cap and team's future you go for it. I'd trade a first and a late pick for him but nobody will give Jax 2 -1sts, they're dreaming.

Isn't he a UFA after next year? That makes any trade of that size unlikely indeed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3tttkknl said:
That's more than a bit rich.

If you get a chance to get a player of his ability w/o hamstringing your cap and team's future you go for it. I'd trade a first and a late pick for him but nobody will give Jax 2 -1sts, they're dreaming.

Isn't he a UFA after next year? That makes any trade of that size unlikely indeed.

Yes, Ramsey's contract runs through 2020, which means he's going to want a new deal next off season. So there's that to think about, as well as the insane deal the Jags want for him.

I do think he's the best CB in the NFL, but that's too much for me to give up for a player that's going to want a max contract extension next year, and we'd have to give up multiple #1's to get?

Nope.

Osprey

Reaction score
I’d hope any team paying a 1st plus would negotiate the extension up front, reportedly that’s one of his grievances.

Fade

Reaction score
Hell no.

Pete develops corners in his sleep.

Pay Jalen Ramsey $20M APY and give up a 1st, + more. Hell to the no.

I like Griffin & Flowers. I would rather have the cap space & the draft picks.

Chapow

Reaction score
More than a 1st + giant contract looming + seems to be a headache for his team.

Count me in the Hell No camp.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Perfect scenario:

-Ramsey changes tune about playing zone
-JS acquires him for a 1st to rent out for the rest of the season
-Seahawks win SB
-JS Trades him in the offseason getting back a 1st

Giphy