CenturyLink Field is no longer the "Home of the 12th Man."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I couldn't care less. I'm a Seahawks Fan, I don't need to call myself a 12 or 12th Man.
Doesn't matter one bit.

Decimation

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rohjot1b said:
I may be of the minority, but I couldn't care less. I'm a Seahawks Fan, I don't need to call myself a 12 or 12th Man.
Doesn't matter one bit.
Agreed. All I care about is us winning more Super Bowls!!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I definitely prefer 12s. I think it kind of also refers to the fact that many people have "FAN" jerseys with the #12 on the back and people saying, "I'm a 12" rather than, "I am a member of the 12th man" or whatever.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Decimation":33o6ryyv said:
SoulfishHawk":33o6ryyv said:
I may be of the minority, but I couldn't care less. I'm a Seahawks Fan, I don't need to call myself a 12 or 12th Man.
Doesn't matter one bit.
Agreed. All I care about is us winning more Super Bowls!!

+1

I'm a fan. It doesn't make me feel specialer to be a "12th Man or a "12" or whatever. It's nothing but a marketing gimmick.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3sgw8b82 said:
Some people are caring about this way too much... From the comments Ive read trough the facebook viens, its seems mostly about ego rather than tradition.

Bottom-line were Seahawks fans... In the end it doesnt matter if were the 12th Man or 12s. Its all the same concept we just now live in a time copyrights are everything. And that in itself is dumb. You want someone to blame, its not women, or Texas AM or the Seahawks... its consumerism and the assholes who made it possible that you can own terms and phrases.

Well put.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3c8jklk4 said:
Bonus points that we have one less connection to a group of people whose claim to fame is being able to count to 12 and also to put out some of the stupidest officers in at least 1 branch of service if you take an informal poll. (You can tell I dislike A&M, and you only need to spend 13 minutes in College Station to understand why).

Most underlings do dislike their bosses, no surprise there. ;)

As to College Station, great college town, but wouldn't want to spend more than 4 years there.

And there has been a solid list of defensive lineman for Hawks that came from there.

12thManMilitia

Reaction score
We are the 12th Man always will be, but as Dylan said "These times are a changing" 12's is original it is our label but not our true identity.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I don't get how we stole something that we didn't know existed?
I had never even heard of Texas A&M when we retired the #12, because there was no internet and very few even had a computer.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what they call us. It's the spirit of the 12th man that matters. Pete started using the term 12s shortly after his arrival. I have no doubt that this has been the intent since probably before he was hired. Whenever you have two companies merge, both names are combined until the one not chosen is later dropped. It gives the customer base ample time to transition.
The spirit of the 12th man is alive and well. I have been a fan of this team since 1976. I have seen the evolution and growth of the 12th man 12's. Just as the game day experience from the Kingdome to the Clink has changed, so has and so will that of the 12's. It matters not what you call us, for we will be there in spirit and force and voice! I try explaining to people the difference between a Kingdome game day experience and a Clink game day experience. The best I can really come up with is that it is now more involved and a richer experience.
One only had to be part of the Super Bowl parade along with 750,000 other 12's to know that the spirit is alive and well. Looking into the eyes of older 12's and younger 12's told me everything I need to know about twelvedom. This twelviness will be a part of Seahawks football as long as they are part of Seattle football lore.
12th man, 12th fan, twelves, 12's or any other way you want to define us, the spirit of the 12th man 12 is alive, well and LOUD!
Just as the logo has changed and evolved, just as the uniform has changed, so too has our designation. I have a fondness for the original silver and blue. I enjoy the memories of the Holmgren era uniforms. I love the current edition of Seahawks uniforms. The 12th man will always be a part of us and who the roots and foundation of this fandom represent.
I'm a 12th man! I'm a 12! I'm a Seahaws fan!

Msfann

Reaction score
If females and kids didn't like it then I'm cool with the change.But i feel like this is Seattle saying a&m wins and we were just a copy all along. And now were not only a copy but a knock off copy.

We can wear our 12s stuff along with this to games!
funny-fake-nike-shoes-images-7.jpg

I'm just saying, if you are going to fold and change it then change it to something original.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ibhlc3t said:
12s is more inclusive.

A LOT of our fans are women. Not a majority, but enough that they should not be disregarded.

Say what you will but 12th Man does 3 things:

1 - Seems to omit/overlook the just as important female fans

2 - Confuses us with the A&M people, and if you knew any - you would know you don't want to be confused with them. Gross.

3 - Removes the stupid copyright issues for a trademark that A&M never should have been granted in the 1st place. Apparently in Texas, seeing there are 11 people on the field and naturally adding one more is crazy innovative stuff. Here I think we know how to count to 12. (See #2)

I prefer "The 12s" more than the 12th Man. 12th man sounds like one extra guy, the 12s sounds like a Horde.
Exactly all of this. The horde aspect nails it.

The inclusive part reaches beyond females and children. Technically, only people in the stadium could be referred to as "the 12th man." That leaves out hundreds of thousands wearing 12 jerseys and assorted Seahawks gear all over the PNW and around the world.

Yeah the organization has pushed it for legal reasons, but there is an organic element in our growing fan base as well.

"12s" is the next step. The next generation. It is EVERYBODY who loves and cheers for the Hawks, be it at the Clink or on the couch.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2tq604a4 said:
It doesn't really matter what they call us. It's the spirit of the 12th man that matters. Pete started using the term 12s shortly after his arrival. I have no doubt that this has been the intent since probably before he was hired. Whenever you have two companies merge, both names are combined until the one not chosen is later dropped. It gives the customer base ample time to transition.
The spirit of the 12th man is alive and well. I have been a fan of this team since 1976. I have seen the evolution and growth of the 12th man 12's. Just as the game day experience from the Kingdome to the Clink has changed, so has and so will that of the 12's. It matters not what you call us, for we will be there in spirit and force and voice! I try explaining to people the difference between a Kingdome game day experience and a Clink game day experience. The best I can really come up with is that it is now more involved and a richer experience.
One only had to be part of the Super Bowl parade along with 750,000 other 12's to know that the spirit is alive and well. Looking into the eyes of older 12's and younger 12's told me everything I need to know about twelvedom. This twelviness will be a part of Seahawks football as long as they are part of Seattle football lore.
12th man, 12th fan, twelves, 12's or any other way you want to define us, the spirit of the 12th man 12 is alive, well and LOUD!
Just as the logo has changed and evolved, just as the uniform has changed, so too has our designation. I have a fondness for the original silver and blue. I enjoy the memories of the Holmgren era uniforms. I love the current edition of Seahawks uniforms. The 12th man will always be a part of us and who the roots and foundation of this fandom represent.
I'm a 12th man! I'm a 12! I'm a Seahaws fan!
Hear, hear!!!

Embrace the change. It's still the Seahawks, it's still the spirit of the best fans in sports!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":1desk96s said:
I like the 12s. Why not have something unique rather than something someone else came up with.
Because,, Texas A & M was NOT the original team to come up with it either, but was bestowed to them through Legal wrangling. (they use to often hang horse thieves and cattle rustlers in Texas)
Just childish horse shit on A & M's part.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":kytyw4ij said:
TwistedHusky":kytyw4ij said:
12s is more inclusive.

A LOT of our fans are women. Not a majority, but enough that they should not be disregarded.

Say what you will but 12th Man does 3 things:

1 - Seems to omit/overlook the just as important female fans

2 - Confuses us with the A&M people, and if you knew any - you would know you don't want to be confused with them. Gross.

3 - Removes the stupid copyright issues for a trademark that A&M never should have been granted in the 1st place. Apparently in Texas, seeing there are 11 people on the field and naturally adding one more is crazy innovative stuff. Here I think we know how to count to 12. (See #2)

I prefer "The 12s" more than the 12th Man. 12th man sounds like one extra guy, the 12s sounds like a Horde.
Exactly all of this. The horde aspect nails it.

The inclusive part reaches beyond females and children. Technically, only people in the stadium could be referred to as "the 12th man." That leaves out hundreds of thousands wearing 12 jerseys and assorted Seahawks gear all over the PNW and around the world.

Yeah the organization has pushed it for legal reasons, but there is an organic element in our growing fan base as well.

"12s" is the next step. The next generation. It is EVERYBODY who loves and cheers for the Hawks, be it at the Clink or on the couch.

Man
noun. a human being of either sex; a person.
"places untouched by the ravages of man"

Phteven

Reaction score
If it means we no longer have any connection to the aggies, I'm for it. Who would willingly choose to associate with the aggies? Hook 'em, horns!

I also like the reference to being a part of a horde.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
What's not to love?

It's ours and nobody else can have it. We are 12

Latest posts