Chadiha writes a positive article about...Russell Wilson!?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HansGruber":3gxp6o0u said:
hawksfansinceday1":3gxp6o0u said:
Lords of Scythia":3gxp6o0u said:
He compared him to Tom Brady, but if Russell looks like anyone it's Joe Montana--dropped to the third round because he was supposedly "undersized', throws on the scramble just like Joe Cool--who actually was the best qb of all time.
That's debatable. Johnny U and Otto Graham (look him up, 7 championships in a 10 year career and made it to the championship game all 10 of those years) are definitely in the discussion. And Joe is too, for sure. Definitely subjective.

I've always had a hard time putting Otto Graham into that top category because he played in a segregated all-white football league that was nowhere near as athletic as today's NFL. They weren't even as athletic as today's high school game.
A fair point though it wasn't entirely segregated. He had Marion Motley at RB and the Rams had IIRC, 2 black RBs (names escape me at present), Niners had Joe "The Jet" Perry I believe at some point during Graham's time in Cleveland, etc. But yeah, it wasn't exactly a heavily black league either. None the less, 7 championships in 10 years is amazing no matter the era. He was "playing the hand he was dealt" after all (to use a Chuck Knoxism).

If I had to choose only one as my all-timer it would be Johnny U. But arguments can be made for Montana (my number 2), Graham, Bradshaw, etc. Like I said, subjective.

One thing I know for sure, it is my sincere hope Russell Wilson is in this conversation 20 years fom now. I believe pretty strongly he will be. Seriously.

Latest posts